PDA

View Full Version : Songs you skip...

Impeccable
04-27-2007, 07:25 AM
...but don't want to take off your ipod?

It's wierd, but really I should just take the songs I skip off, but I don't want to at all. Is there anyone else who does this, or is it just me being retarded?

Anywho...if something pop or R&B comes on, I'll invariably skip it till I get to an Indie track. I suppose I don't want to take them off as some of them are deemed as "must haves" even though I never listen to them.

G
04-27-2007, 07:39 AM
well i have the same problem. i download entire albums but never go through and delete the shit songs. dunno why, but i really need to because i'm at the point where i press foward on the ipod more than play.

Impeccable
04-27-2007, 07:40 AM
well i have the same problem. i download entire albums but never go through and delete the shit songs. dunno why, but i really need to because i'm at the point where i press foward on the ipod more than play.

Glad it's not just me.

ct2k
04-27-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm the opposite, I tend to skip the indie to get back to the rnb:D

ct2k
04-27-2007, 07:50 AM
But yeah, I do it too, I think everyone does, its often when I've gotten sick of a song for the time being and don't wanna hear it, but know I will again at some point

Kane Knight
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I doubt I have any songs like that.

My tendency to skip songs is generally based on my mood. If there are songs I don't like, I delete them. I can't imagine being so weak-willed that I'd keep songs other people think I should have.

Just John
04-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I do this, but usually because I think, 'I'll play it when I'm in the mood' but I know full well I'll never be in the mood for that song.

ron the dial
04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm the same as KK. My skipping is based entirely on whether I'm in the mood for a particular song or not. There are very few songs that I have that I don't like.

Stickman
04-27-2007, 02:52 PM
I usually listen to my mp3 player when i go for a run. The problem is, Nirvana isnt' run material to me, so I skip over that but aren't going to take it off.

Kane Knight
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I usually listen to my mp3 player when i go for a run. The problem is, Nirvana isnt' run material to me, so I skip over that but aren't going to take it off.

When I work out , I tend to pick a heavier band. A good example is Gatja. I'll listen to thembecause they're heavy and hooky enough for me. But they have a couple of songs that aren't so heavy. The ebst example of this is "My Reason," which is an acoustic song (A capella, even).

There's no way I'll listen to that when I'm working out. And that is most of the time I listen to music. But other times, I love that song.

I usually circumvent this by making playlists, but there's no way to make playlists for every different musical mood I'm in, so I'll usually skip some stuff even in a playlist.

Stickman
04-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree. I need heavy music to work out or run to. I have Led Zepellin on my mp3 player as well. No chance of listening to that while working out, it's just not hard enough.

Funky Fly
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
My skipping is also mood-based. No way anyone is gonna be in the mood to listen to all of 4000+ songs at any given time.

Some songs are always good to hear, tho. So I've got songs with 30+ playcounts and others with 1 or 2.

OssMan
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
do you guys not follow thread rulez?

they might be giants - dig my grave

i skip that when i listen to the cd anyhow.

El Fangel
04-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Better then me - Hinder

Blitz
04-27-2007, 11:20 PM
I have a ton of songs on my iPod that I have not even listend to the whole way through.