PDA

View Full Version : Could be wrong here...

BigDaddyCool
05-01-2007, 12:01 AM
But I mostly right. Anyhow, didn't the Fatal Fourway start out as an elimination style match? And when did it because a one pinfall/submission match. I get tired of those, I like when people get elimnated, get to tell a whole different story. The every man for themselves matches are getting played out on WWE tv.

Funky Fly
05-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah, it was originally an elimination style match, but the WWE changed the rules without ever really explaining it. Nobody really seemed to notice, though.

The Naitch
05-01-2007, 01:13 AM
I still remember....

lort
05-01-2007, 03:41 AM
I thought "Four Way Dance" was the elimination style where as "Fatal Fourway" was the one fall version.

ttetf
05-01-2007, 08:22 AM
The first one I remember was Vader v. Austin v. Taker v. Bret back in 97' and in that one, you could be eliminated just by being thrown over the top rope...

Rob
05-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Single eliminations ruin the match. If you have 3 eliminations, it opens the match up and creates new ideas and spots.

BigDaddyCool
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
The first one I remember was Vader v. Austin v. Taker v. Bret back in 97' and in that one, you could be eliminated just by being thrown over the top rope...

I thought the first was Mick Foley, Rock, Big Show and HHH at one of the Wrestlemainias...could have been 2000.

ttetf
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I thought the first was Mick Foley, Rock, Big Show and HHH at one of the Wrestlemainias...could have been 2000.

Austin/Vader/Taker/Bret took place in February 97' at In Your House: Final Four. This was following Austin's "win" at the Royal Rumble when, after being eliminated by Hart but this not being seen by the ref, he came back in and tossed Taker, Vader, and Hart over the top. A match was decided to have these four guys compete in a match where pinfalls and submissions counted but also throwing your opponent over the top rope eliminated them from the match. The winner was supposed to go to Wrestlemania 13 to face HBK. HBK forfeited the title, so the match became for the championship. Hart won, but lost the belt the next night on Raw to Sid due to Austin's interference. This set up Hart/Austin and Sid/Taker for Mania 13.

BigDaddyCool
05-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Austin/Vader/Taker/Bret took place in February 97' at In Your House: Final Four. This was following Austin's "win" at the Royal Rumble when, after being eliminated by Hart but this not being seen by the ref, he came back in and tossed Taker, Vader, and Hart over the top. A match was decided to have these four guys compete in a match where pinfalls and submissions counted but also throwing your opponent over the top rope eliminated them from the match. The winner was supposed to go to Wrestlemania 13 to face HBK. HBK forfeited the title, so the match became for the championship. Hart won, but lost the belt the next night on Raw to Sid due to Austin's interference. This set up Hart/Austin and Sid/Taker for Mania 13.

Yeah, I was asking about Fatal not Final.

ttetf
05-02-2007, 07:26 AM
my bad.

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Again, WWE pisses me off. They have an ECW 4 Way Dance last night, and again it was just a one pin/submission victory, not an elemination match the way a 4 way is suppose to be. It really annoys the hell out of me how they just use match names interchangably. It might help ratings just a bit if they actaully made a difference between like a Fatal 4 Way and a 4 Way Dance. Or if hardcore, ECW Extreme Rules, Street Fight, No Hold Barred Match, Junkyard Brawl, and all the other were actaully different from one another, especially a no hold barred match. That one really bothers me, a no hold barred should be just that, no holds barred, not just another weapons match, weapons should be illegal, but "banned" moved should be legal.

James Steele
05-03-2007, 01:42 AM
The only problem with elimination is that for the eliminations (and the match) to mean something, you have to give the match a lot of time which is something hard to do on a 1-hour "brand" show. The backlash match should have been elimination, but I think they like single-fall style because it leaves doors open for the obvious "You didn't beat ME, so I should get the shot at the next PPV" storyline.