PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser Chiefs

BCWWF
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Just got back from four months in London and I heard a lot of music like this, but don't know what a lot of it is. Can somebody give me recommendations of similar stuff, like what you would hear in a pub or something/.

FakeLaser
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Interpol
Franz Ferdinand
The Futureheads
The French Kicks
Bloc Party

Dave Youell
05-02-2007, 09:43 AM
It's all the same wishy washy rubbish.

Man I feel old, Radio 1 is rubbish to me now, no one rocks anymore

Impeccable
05-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm seeing Kaisers in June at the o2 festival. :)

The Fratellis
The Kooks
Razorlight (However fucking annoying they are, they're similar (ish)
Kasabian
Arctic Monkeys
Maximo Park
Magic Numbers
Hard-Fi
The Automatic
Dirty Pretty Things
Boy Kill Boy
Milburn
The Feeling
Ghosts
Morning Runner
Keane - not that similar, but if Razorlight get a mention, hell, I'll put em on.
Ash (my fave band ever)
The Enemy

Tornado
05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Kaiser Chiefs put on a pretty good live show, seen them a fair few times. If you want similar stuff, i'd try the stuff Impeccable suggested, especially Maximo Park. Also, add The Cribs, The Pidgeon Detectives, Air Traffic, Mumm-Ra, The Rakes and Editors to the list.

Or, if you just want a kick-ass british band, you can't go wrong with Muse, I suggest you try to catch them live, they're touring the East Coast of America, onle dat confirmed so far is at MSG.

Impeccable
05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Kaiser Chiefs put on a pretty good live show, seen them a fair few times. If you want similar stuff, i'd try the stuff Impeccable suggested, especially Maximo Park. Also, add The Cribs, The Pidgeon Detectives, Air Traffic, Mumm-Ra, The Rakes and Editors to the list.

Or, if you just want a kick-ass british band, you can't go wrong with Muse, I suggest you try to catch them live, they're touring the East Coast of America, onle dat confirmed so far is at MSG.

Muse fucking rock!

Also, how could I forget The Rakes or Editors.

Try The Twang and a couple I've been listening to for a while, Reverend and the makers and Mr Hudson and The Library. Reverend's latest track (Heavyweight Champion) is my most played at the moment.

Tornado
05-04-2007, 07:21 AM
God, I hate The Twang,

Londoner
05-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I hate every band listed in this thread so far, other than kasabian, but even now i think they're more boring than i did before.

Impeccable
05-04-2007, 09:42 AM
If you're not really into Indie, then I can see how you would hate every band I listed. What type of music are you into?

Tornado
05-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Kasabian are now a pile of wank. First album was good, second was poor.

St. Jimmy
05-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Placebo.

deathtrap
05-07-2007, 05:06 AM
shut up Placebo

Impeccable
05-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Kasabian are now a pile of wank. First album was good, second was poor.

Overall, the first album was a lot better, but i feel that Empire and Shoot the runner off the album "Empire" are two very strong tracks and kind of carry the rest of the album.

Cactus Sid
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Kaiser Chiefs put on a pretty good live show,

They were utter shite when I saw them last year, and the new stuff is totally dire.

Think the first album is a pretty good novelty album really, kinda stuff you can listen to while pissed at uni, and no one is really gonna complain that its on.

When I saw them I was pissed, it was pissing it down with rain and me my mates were having the time of the lives, yet they completely sucked.

BCWWF
10-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Would it be too much to ask for a specific couple songs from the list of bands mentioned here? There is so much that I don't want to guess and download their lesser songs.

And if it helps, I really like the Kooks and Morning Runner too, and the one song I've heard of Automatic and Frattellis is good too.

BCWWF
10-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Maybe I should mention to that I really like Arctic Monkeys

Impeccable
10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Would it be too much to ask for a specific couple songs from the list of bands mentioned here? There is so much that I don't want to guess and download their lesser songs.

And if it helps, I really like the Kooks and Morning Runner too, and the one song I've heard of Automatic and Frattellis is good too.

Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a Riot, Na Na Na Na Na, Angry Mob, Ruby, Modern Way, Oh My God, Every Day I love you less and less, Everything Is Average Nowadays

Morning Runner - Gone Up In Flames, Burning Benches

The Automatic - Monster, Raoul

More to follow of others...

CSL
10-01-2007, 06:34 PM
The Feeling

I fucking hate The Feeling.

Tornado
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Song suggestions for BCWWF:

The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger, Baby Fratelli
Kasabian - LSF, Empire
Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good on The Dancefloor, Brianstorm, Fake Tales of San Francisco, Flourescent Adolescent
Maximo Park - Graffiti, Apply Some Pressure, Our Velocity
Hard-Fi - Surburban Knights, Cash Machine, Hard to Beat, Better Do Better
Dirty Pretty Things - Deadwood, Bang Bang You're Dead
Boy Kill Boy - Suzie, Civil Sin
Ash - Burn Baby Burn, Girl From Mars, Envy, You Can't Have It All, Shark, Shining Light, Theres a Star
The Enemy - Away From Here, Had Enough, You're Not Alone

Took a few band off of the list as I can't stand them.

Gonna suggest a bucketload of Muse songs now, as a lot of Americans seem to like them, and they're getting pretty big over there...

MUSE

Album 1 - Showbiz
Sunburn, Showbiz, Sober, Overdue
Album 2 - Origin of Symmetry
Plug In Baby, New Born, Feeling Good, Bliss, Micro Cuts, Dark Shines, Hyper Music
Album 3 - Absolution
Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Blackout
Album 4 - Black Holes and Revelations
SuperMassive Black Hole, Starlight, Map of the Problematique, Invincible, City of Delusion, Knights of Cydonia

B-Sides/Rare
The Groove, Crying Shame, Glorious, Dead Star, Forced In, Map of Your Head

El Vaquero de Infierno
10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Muse are decent, but the rest of that "music" is a aload of shit!