PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard 4...rated PG13???

Shaggy
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
credit g4tv.com

Yippee Ki-Yay, Motherf***er. It's one of the most recognizable lines in film history, and, if the producers of Live Free Or Die Hard had their way, would have been excised from Die Hard. Yes, the wimpification of our society continues as the producers of Live Free or Die Hard are pursuing a PG-13 rating, instead of the R rating that the other three films have gotten, and Bruce Willis is pissed.

And rightly so. It's going to be awful hard to return to form if you're going to turn the movie into something that's even remotely family-friendly. And why the change of heart? Because they're trying to broaden the appeal of the Die Hard franchise to include a teen audience. Because teens have been just dying for a new Bruce Willis movie.

------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell???? They cant make this movie PG13...I do understand that even with the PG13 label they are still allowed one "fuck". But Die Hard should not be rated PG13...

Funky Fly
05-03-2007, 04:25 PM
This is bullshit. Fuck the teens.

Jeritron
05-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Die Soft

Avenger
05-03-2007, 05:11 PM
FUCK THIS SHIT

The first Die Hard is one of the best films of the last 30 years. Amazing.

I love them all and FUCK FUCK FUCK. That is bollocks.

Stickman
05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Have you noticed that ratings don't mean a lot nowadays? Stuff that used to be rated R from years ago would be PG 13 now.

Shaggy
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Have you noticed that ratings don't mean a lot nowadays? Stuff that used to be rated R from years ago would be PG 13 now.

Just look at the original Rollerball movie....it was Rated R and has absolutely nothing in it..

Die Hard is my favorite movie and I will very disapointed if I dont "fuck" more than the one time during the key phrase

ClockShot
05-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Isn't it because Justin Long is in this movie as some witness or something. That could be a reason.

Kane Knight
05-03-2007, 09:45 PM
So now they really WILL say "Yippie Kayay, Mother Falcon!"

He's getting too old for this ****

Kane Knight
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Just look at the original Rollerball movie....it was Rated R and has absolutely nothing in it..

Never seen Rollerball, but look at MASH. It's R Rated, but they show it unedited on TV these days. The tipper wasn't even the nudity, which is under a second. It was the lyrics about Suicide.

Dave Youell
05-04-2007, 03:32 AM
I've yet to read anything from anyone who thinks this is a good idea. Unless you work for the studio of course.

There's a decent rant on AICN about why it should be an R and how most teenagers would have been 4 years old when the last one was out, so why would they care about this one etc.

This fucking blows

Kane Knight
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Who really cares, though? I mean, people are ranting about a rating?

Back when the last one was out you could still get an R rating for a flash of tits. Now adays, the Fast and the Furious has more sexual content at PG-13 than a lot of movies.

Dave Youell
05-04-2007, 10:22 AM
If the words mother and fucker cannot be said in a sentence, then it matters

G
05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
wow, i just watched the whole trilogy these past few days and every other line had fuck in it.

i will be dissapointed in this movie. :n:

G
05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
but at least jessica simpson didn't get the role she auditioned for. :y:

D Mac
05-04-2007, 01:07 PM
I've heard them say fuck in a PG 13 movie before. One time at least.

Boondock Saint
05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
I believe PG13 is allowed one Fuck, in a non-sexual context.

Kane Knight
05-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I believe PG13 is allowed one Fuck, in a non-sexual context.

One use of a strong expletive, in a non-sexual sense (Which ddoesn't say which count) will get you at least PG-13 and probably R. beyond one bad word, you are an R rated movie unless they specificallly vote you PG-13.

Mr Regal
05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
wow, i just watched the whole trilogy these past few days and every other line had fuck in it.

i will be dissapointed in this movie. :n:

I'm pretty sure them saying fuck a lot wasn't what made them good movies

Destor
05-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Bull fuck

Kane Knight
05-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure them saying fuck a lot wasn't what made them good movies

Shows what you know. :roll:

(No, really, I agree. Even watching them chopped up on cable when I was younger, they were marketable)

M-A-G
05-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, who cares about expletives? I think the draw here is the simple fact that it's Die Hard.

Mr Regal
05-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Swearing in a film doesn't make it. However editing it out tends to ruin it, strange but true.

I guess it depends on if you see it before or after the cut.

And if they didn't say fuck once in any of the die hard movies they would still be awesome.

I bet it will have loads of guns and shooting and extreme violence, which is fine to show to kids:y: much more acceptable than swear words:roll:

Rammsteinmad
05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
They're making another Die Hard film?!

Shaggy
06-08-2007, 04:37 PM
I just read a interview with Justin Long where it confirmed the whole Die Hard PG-13 thing....But he also said that they are shooting multiple takes where Willis does use the cuss words just incase they change the mind about the movie. And if they dont change it then fans can expect a Unrated Version when it hits DVD shelves.

Kris P Lettus
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
You gotta look at it from a producers standpoint.. They want to make as much money as possible and who can blame them.. Making it PG-13 allows millions of teens to see it at the theaters.. It's summer and prolly 80% of moviegoers in the next 3 monthes will be teens who are out of school..

It does suck, but I can't blame them..

Kane Knight
06-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, and Die hard has statistically struggled to sell.

Mercury Bullet
06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
source: ?

"Live Free or Die Hard" has been given the new working title of "Live Free or Become Seriously Injured In A Difficult Fashion"

Kris P Lettus
06-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah, and Die hard has statistically struggled to sell.
:-\

Doesn't matter..

Do rich people stop wanting to make money because they're rich??

I'm saying, with a PG-13 rating it'll automatically do better at the box office than it would with an R rating just by allowing teens in..

People like money, especially movie producers.. I garantee you that is the motive for the rating change..

Kane Knight
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Exactly. Except....No.

Kris P Lettus
06-08-2007, 07:14 PM
It's retarded of you to think that since it's already a popular franchise, they don't want it to be more popular..

Shaggy
06-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I do see why they would want to make the movie PG-13....and I guess in the end if we can get a R version or Unrated Version on DVD that would or shown what the film would of been like then I guess thats alright.

Im justing hoping that in the end this movie kicks as much ass as im hoping it will. Im a huge fan of the franchise and ive got this set in my head to be the biggest movie of the summer.

YOUR Hero
06-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Trailer looked pretty good.

Kane Knight
06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
It's retarded of you to think that since it's already a popular franchise, they don't want it to be more popular..

It's retarded of you to think that's what I was saying. :lol:

YOUR Hero
06-08-2007, 09:36 PM
It'll be violent. People won't miss the swearing.

"You killed a helicopter with a car!"
"I was out of bullets"

Funky Fly
06-09-2007, 05:57 PM
The shits comes out in 3 weeks and the trailers still say "This film is not yet rated".

Kris P Lettus
06-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Exactly. Except....No.

It's retarded of you to think that's what I was saying. :lol:

With such a well written explaination backing up your claims and cementing your stance, I can't believe I miss your point..

Apologies..

Shaggy
06-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Just saw an interview on TV where they were talking about the movie.

After a few positive reviews given by those who have been lucky enough to seen it by now. It seems that talks have already begun with Bruce Willis for Die Hard 5. He said that he was in as long as they can get the same director as this film or another equally talented one.

Kane Knight
06-10-2007, 09:26 AM
With such a well written explaination backing up your claims and cementing your stance, I can't believe I miss your point..

Apologies..

Hey, I'm not the one dumb enough to come up with a "You must be retarded if you think that" attitude without actually stopping to think what I was disagreeing with. Maybe the point I was originally talking about, in terms of sales, but that would have required thinking back, relying on context, and otherwise using your brain.

I mean, you would have had to have remembered three whole sentences, and we all know how hard that would be.

Kris P Lettus
06-10-2007, 10:54 AM
And once again, you'd be retarded to think that just because it's a popular franchise, that the producers and studio wouldn't want it to make MORE MONEY..

You could actually back up your thoughts with reasons you think such, or you could just post another vague sentence fragment with no direction..

The choice is yours..

Shaggy
06-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Well its official...Just saw a new commercial for it....

Live Free or Die Hard...is PG-13

Kane Knight
06-17-2007, 01:04 AM
And once again, you'd be retarded to think that just because it's a popular franchise, that the producers and studio wouldn't want it to make MORE MONEY..

You could actually back up your thoughts with reasons you think such, or you could just post another vague sentence fragment with no direction..

The choice is yours..

And once again, you're retarded for assuming that, but you're a stupid fuck who has trouble with this whole "thinking" thing.

Honestly, when I told you that wasn't the assertion, you should have been unretarded enough to not continue to assert it until I "prove otherwise."

But you weren't.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Fucking a.

Kris P Lettus
06-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Yeah, saw that ish today..

This just means, I won't be seeing it at the theaters..

Kris P Lettus
06-17-2007, 03:09 AM
See how I made that post PG-13??

Boondock Saint
06-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Let's cry about it.

Shaggy
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
So...the movie is out....

Was suppose to go to a midnight showing last night but the theater canceled it....had to refund everyones money....

Anyways...seeing it tonight...hopefully it kicks major ass because I cant wait..

Also thought I would post this kick ass song and music video for you people...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTyw6cq86kY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTyw6cq86kY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Confucius
06-27-2007, 04:36 PM
There'll be an 'unrated' DVD along in a few months anyway.

I'll go and see it anyway. Trailer doesn't look too bad 'cept for the True Lies bit with the jet!

Boondock Saint
06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
I've heard pretty good things so far.

ct2k
06-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I think we all know this will be standard, incredibly enjoyable with plenty of corny laughs, ott action and a few "GODDAMNIT MCLAIN I GOT THE DA UP MY ASS AND INTERNAL AFFAIRS BREATHIN DOWN MY NECK YOURE SUSPENDED" type interactions with old Brucey's senior in order to make the situation more 'tense'.

Can't wait btw:D

Shaggy
06-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Just went and saw it and all I can say is....HOLY SHIT....Definently the best action movie of the summer. As far as sequels go, this makes all the other ones that have came out this summer its bitch...

This movie possibly has more action in it then all three other Die Hard movies combined....and John McClane is funnier than ever......

My only problem was the sound system in the theater was a little bad...I plan on going to see it tomorrow at a better theater.

D Mac
06-28-2007, 04:21 AM
Just watched Die Hard 1 again. Fucking never get tired of that shit.

Innovator
06-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Great action movie.

Smitty
06-30-2007, 06:39 PM
The movie was the balls. Can't wait for the unrated DVD so that ADR bullshit is gone with and all those glorious "fucks" are back in.

Shaggy
06-30-2007, 06:47 PM
The movie was the balls. Can't wait for the unrated DVD so that ADR bullshit is gone with and all those glorious "fucks" are back in.

yea...While it was also good with out all the cussing..im curious to see what its like with the cussing...

There was really only one part in the film where I could tell they changed what he was saying...It was when he called a guy a thickhead....which obviously he was saying Dickhead

D Mac
07-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Just tell me he says his famous line in this one. He's said it in the previous 3.

DS
07-01-2007, 10:21 AM
He says it but not the way he has in the previous 3.

I loved the movie though. Didn't want it to end.

D Mac
07-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah it was awesome.

Adrenaline Rush Adrenaline Rush, Adrenaline Rush Adrenaline Rush!

Shaggy
07-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Just tell me he says his famous line in this one. He's said it in the previous 3.

Yea...although he doesnt say it the same way that you hear in the trailer....so that makes me believe that the Unrated/R rated version will have an alternate ending.

The line is the movie but the last part of it is kinda cut off by a gunshot...but its believed that if this ending is the Unrated version that you will hear it loud and clear..

Kane Knight
07-01-2007, 09:00 PM
So they actually dub different language in? That's retarded.

Shaggy
07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
So they actually dub different language in? That's retarded.

Yea but you can only really tell at one part...

McClane is going on about something and he ends up calling the guy a thick head....when you obviously can tell he is saying dick head....

Other than that one point you cant really tell....Its still a great movie even like that...Im checking it out again tomorrow when I purchase my Transformers tickets.

Ogen
07-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Dunno Die Hard centreing around computer geeks didn't sit well with me. All seemed a bit meh compared to the originals

Shaggy
07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Dunno Die Hard centreing around computer geeks didn't sit well with me. All seemed a bit meh compared to the originals

yea...But I think that the fact that all the fight scenes were AMAZING!!!!...is what saved this film from bad opinions...

Kane Knight
07-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Yea but you can only really tell at one part...

McClane is going on about something and he ends up calling the guy a thick head....when you obviously can tell he is saying dick head....

Other than that one point you cant really tell....Its still a great movie even like that...Im checking it out again tomorrow when I purchase my Transformers tickets.

I'll hold off for the unrated version. I thought they had actually shot two different versions.

True Brit Grit
07-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Is it me or does Bruce Willis look really, really ill these days?

Kane Knight
07-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Not just you. He looks like a chemo patient.