PDA

View Full Version : Diego Corrales Dead

Rob
05-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Just on the radio that Diego Corrales died on Monday in a motorcycle accident. He was 29.

:(

ct2k
05-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Fucking shocked, what a warrior he was in that first Castillo fight, legend:y:

SammyG
05-08-2007, 05:35 AM
RIP, Terrible news. Yeah that was a good fight.

Apocolyptik1
05-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Yea, girlfriend just pointed this out to me on the news.

Fucking terrible, RIP Chico.

ddpBANG
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Damn, sucks

RIP

RP
05-09-2007, 09:50 AM
What a tragedy, but i'm not suprised due to his lifestyle.

Corrales /Castillo is the greatest fight i've ever seen. What an absolute war. Then the miracle ending. The brilliance of Corrales in that fight wasnt the knockout at the end. It was the way he got himself in position to do it. He spit his mouth peice out like 4 times in that last round. Everytime he did it, he got about 20 seconds of rest. And the ref kept letting him do it. Some say thats cheap, but if the ref is gunna let you do it, then its brilliant to take advantage of that. Because of the 60-80 seconds of rest he got in that round from spitting the peice out, he was able to have enough strength ( after an absolute war of punches from the 1st round to the 12th ) to knock Castillo out. It was amazing. Best fight i've ever seen. I dont care about the names like Ali/Foreman, Sugar Ray/ Hearns and all those other great ones. Carrales/ Castillo was the best " fight " i've ever seen.

MTH15
05-14-2007, 11:43 PM
RIP hes not in the UFC right?

Adder
05-18-2007, 06:57 PM
What a tragedy, but i'm not suprised due to his lifestyle.

Corrales /Castillo is the greatest fight i've ever seen. What an absolute war. Then the miracle ending. The brilliance of Corrales in that fight wasnt the knockout at the end. It was the way he got himself in position to do it. He spit his mouth peice out like 4 times in that last round. Everytime he did it, he got about 20 seconds of rest. And the ref kept letting him do it. Some say thats cheap, but if the ref is gunna let you do it, then its brilliant to take advantage of that. Because of the 60-80 seconds of rest he got in that round from spitting the peice out, he was able to have enough strength ( after an absolute war of punches from the 1st round to the 12th ) to knock Castillo out. It was amazing. Best fight i've ever seen. I dont care about the names like Ali/Foreman, Sugar Ray/ Hearns and all those other great ones. Carrales/ Castillo was the best " fight " i've ever seen.

I was watchiung apiece on him the other night and they talked about and showed tiny bits of the fight. It looked as good as they made it sound. Hopefully I'll get the oppourtunity to see this fight.

Castillo was all class. He released a statement in regard to this accident. Can't seem to find it anywhere on line right now. Check it out if you can.