PDA

View Full Version : Full SmackDown! Spoilers

Mr. Nerfect
05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Credit: Joe Arcurio, David Jakielo and PWInsider.com

Dark Match:
-Eddie Colon, the younger brother of Carlito and son of Carlos Colon, defeated Shannon Moore in a good competitive match after a flying bodypress.

Smackdown:
-Smackdown opens with a promo on The Undertaker defending the WWE World championship against Batista in a Steel Cage match.

-WWE United States champion Chris Benoit & Matt Hardy defeated MVP & Finlay in a solid 15 minute bout after Benoit pinned MVP. The heels worked on Hardy's knee for a good portion of the bout and he limped all the way to the back.

-Another Steel Cage Match promo.

-Michelle McCool defeated Jillian Hall with a spinning neckbreaker. Hall "sang a song" before the match started.

-Backstage, Teddy Long told Kristal Marshall to have Vickie Guerrero come to Smackdown next week. Guerrero's name was booed. A new "country looking team" (Freakin' Deacon - aka Fake Kane from Raw- and "Cousin Ray" - Terry Gordy's son Raw, both of whom most recently worked in Deep South Wrestling) appeared in the vignette and will be wrestling next week.

-They showed highlights of Edge capturing the Money in the Bank from Ken Kennedy on Raw.

-Michael Cole and JBL interviewed Ashley Massaro, who said she can't wait to get back in the ring to take care of Jillian Hall.

-Paul London, with Brian Kendrick defeated WWE Tag Team champion Domino, with Deuce and Cherry. London hit a dropsault on Deuce, knocking him off the apron, and landing on Domino following the flip for the pin.

-Another Steel Cage match promo.

-Kane (with Boogeyman and Little Boogey) defeated Dave Taylor (with William Regal) after a clothesline. Boogey clotheslined Regal right before the finish.

-Another Undertaker vs. Batista video promo.

-They announce Ozzy Osbourne will be performing live on Smackdown next week.

-Jimmy Wang Yang defeated WWE Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero in a Non-Title match after reversing a top rope powerbomb attempt. Said to be a good but short match.

*Another Undertaker vs. Batista package.

*Snitsky promo, which may have been just for the live Arena.

-The Undertaker vs. Batista for the WWE World championship inside a Steel Cage. They announced the match can be won by pinfall, submission or escape. Undertaker got a huge pop while Batista received a mixed reaction. Undertaker's arm is heavily braced and protected. Batista's right knee and quad is also taped up. The first five minutes saw some near falls. The crowd completely turned on Batista as he took control. Batista tried to escape but taker crotched him on the top rope. Taker took control for a moment, then both men hit each other with a clothesline and went down. Batista regained control of the match. Batista nearly scored a pinfall but Taker kicked up and regained control. He nailed a running clothesline in the corner then hit a big boot and a chokeslam for another near fall. Undertaker went for the Last Ride powerbomb but Barista countered and slammed Taker into the cage, busting him open. Batista nailed a spinebuster for a near fall. He tried to climb out of the cage but Undertaker caught him and nailed the Last Ride. Undertaker then tried to escape the cage. Batista began climbing out from another section of the cage, so both were trying to escape simultaneously. Both men hit the floor at the same time and it was announced as draw. Mark Henry came to ringside and attacked Taker.

-Edge came out and cashed in his Money in the Bank title shot and began beating Taker, getting several near falls. Undertaker sat up, but was speared in the sitting position by Edge, who scored the pin. Edge is the new WWE World champion. The place went absolutely insane for the title change. After the match, Edge laid out Undertaker with the suitcase. Crowd then turned on Edge. Eight Druids came to the ring and carried the unconscious Undertaker from the ring.

Skippord
05-08-2007, 10:31 PM
OZZY!!!

Londoner
05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
How many promos do they need for the cage match?

Mr. Nerfect
05-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Eddie Colon is here! Sweet. I wonder if they will acknowledge his relationship with Carlito? I guess him being in the cruiserweight division is good and all, but I'd rather see him help Carlito beat Ric Flair at Judgment Day, and then the two become a heel tag team on SmackDown!. The matches with Paul London & Brian Kendrick would be a lot of fun.

The Chris Benoit & Matt Hardy vs. MVP & Finlay match sounds like a lot of fun. I'm a huge fan of all four guy's ring work, but it is kind of odd they forget Matt Hardy is one-half of the World Tag Team Champions when he shows up on SmackDown!. Not saying World Tag Team Champions can't eventually venture off and do their own tag team thing whilst still Champions, it's just a delicate idea, so the WWE probably don't bother, and forget The Hardys even have the belts.

I still maintain that Matt Hardy should challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at Judgment Day. He's got some nice little wins against Mr. Kennedy, MVP and Finlay rolling out. Throw Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch into that mix, and yeah. Matthew's on a bit of a streak.

I appreciate the ladies getting time, as Hall is great, and McCool is improving. but Michelle McCool vs. Jillian Hall does nothing for me. They need to make the Women's Championship interpromotional, so you know, these matches have meaning.

I'm glad the WWE is supporting Vickie Guerrero after Eddie's death, but I'd be happy if I never saw her on WWE television again. I sure as Hell hope they don't pull the trigger on this Vickie as GM thing. Random note: I know Kristal and Vickie are allegedly friends in this storyline, and that Teddy has a thing going on with Kristal, but he should have asked Chavo to bring Vickie in. You know, give a wrestler the attention and short promo time.

London & Kendrick win a tag team match; I watch SmackDown!. There is a lesson in there, WWE. Whilst reading over this, I assumed the match was non-title, but it specifies non-title during Chavo's match with Yang. I think it would have been mentioned if London & Kendrick won the belts, but ah well. It's still good to keep your hopes up.

Um, what the fuck is up with this new redneck team. I like Ray Gordy, but I can do without Freakin' Deacon. At least he's better than Henry Godwinn. I hope they don't try and make them faces to feud with the greasers. That's the last thing SmackDown!'s tag team division needs. Make them heels, and stick them in a program with London & Kendrick over the belts. With The Blue Bloods, The Throwbacks from the Other Side of the Tracks, The Colon Brothers and "Please Don't Watch RAW and Realise There are Two Redneck Teams," the division could be fun to watch. I get the feeling these news guys will end up buddies with Jimmy Wang Yang, though. Tsk, tsk.

Kane vs. Dave Taylor sounds...ew. I wish they would just pull the trigger on what they want to accomplish with this thing. Surely there must be some intent to this program that stems beyond The Boogeyman. If there's not, give the win to Regal & Taylor and have all four guys move on.

I'm looking forward to the cruiserweight match. I get the feeling they're going to pull the trigger on Jimmy Wang Yang this time. It wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to make Chavo a long-term Champion, though. The match will be a lot of fun.

Mr. Nerfect
05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
OZZY!!!

They should do a segment with Ozzy Osbourne and William Regal. If they do not, they will be missing out on some comedy gold.

KingofOldSchool
05-08-2007, 10:47 PM
EDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGEEEEEEE

Londoner
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Considering Matt Hardy beat kennedy recently, I can see they may have been preparing him for a match with Edge. Or is that giving WWE too much credit?

Londoner
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
EDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGEEEEEEE

.........EDGE!

Mr. Nerfect
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
I wish Judgment Day was pretty much all-SmackDown!. RAW and ECW would be fucked getting their shows up to three hours, but SmackDown! would be fine.

* Edge vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay for the World Heavyweight Championship
* Batista vs. Mark Henry
* Chris Benoit vs. MVP in a 2/3 Falls Match for the WWE United States Championship
* Deuce & Domino vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick for the WWE Tag Team Championship
* Melina vs. Michelle McCool for the WWE Women's Championship
* Kane & The Boogeyman vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor
* Chavo Guerrero vs. Jimmy Wang Yang for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

The buyrate would probably not be the best, but fuck the show would be good. A few down bits here and there, but you would need to give the fans time to recover from some quality wrestling before the next match.

Jeritron
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Edge is, was and always will be > Kennedy. Nothing against him, but this is great news because Kennedy winning would have been premature.

Londoner
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
I hope they dont have the CW title on there tbh.

Mr. Nerfect
05-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Considering Matt Hardy beat kennedy recently, I can see they may have been preparing him for a match with Edge. Or is that giving WWE too much credit?

Too much credit, I think. It fits perfectly, but I doubt the WWE planned it, and will even think twice about it. We'll probably see a Triple Threat between Edge, Mark Henry and Batista. Oh joy.

Londoner
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Matt is invovled in the tag titles anyway.

Blitz
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Edgester :y:

El Fangel
05-09-2007, 12:26 AM
OZZY!!!
Holy Shit! http://www.haro-online.com/stuff/littlen2.jpg

AdrianM
05-09-2007, 12:31 AM
so did london and Kendrick wi the titles back?

St. Jimmy
05-09-2007, 12:53 AM
I've said it 7 times so far. Edge on SmackDown with the belt might just make SmackDown watchable.

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2007, 01:39 AM
so did london and Kendrick wi the titles back?

That's what I want to know.

If they did, it would be awesome if they gave out an open challenge for the Titles at Judgment Day. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch could answer, and we'd get another good match out of the Redneck Wrecking Crew.

My instincts tell me that the match was non-title, however. Even though London & Kendrick never got their rematch for the belts, and all. It just seems the WWE's style.

Corkscrewed
05-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Only read Spoilers because I won't be catching SD! this Friday (graduating). I figured this would happen though, and that's AWESOME!!! Definitely should be one of the best SD finishes in history (definitely in recent memory).

Rammsteinmad
05-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Lol... we all knew it was gonna happen... but I'm still all excited knowing that it actually did happen.

KayfabeMan
05-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Edge vs. Hardy program would be interesting.

KayfabeMan
05-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Oh wait, WWE books it.

Nevermind.

Innovator
05-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Crap, now I need to watch Smackdown!

Impact!
05-09-2007, 03:23 AM
For those of you continiously asking whether or not L&K won the tag titles, read the spoilers again...closely. It says:

-Paul London, with Brian Kendrick defeated WWE Tag Team champion Domino, with Deuce and Cherry. London hit a dropsault on Deuce, knocking him off the apron, and landing on Domino following the flip for the pin.

With is different to and people. It was London V Domino one on one.

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2007, 04:42 AM
For those of you continiously asking whether or not L&K won the tag titles, read the spoilers again...closely. It says:

With is different to and people. It was London V Domino one on one.

Oh, I see. I misread it, because of the way it is written. The way "Paul London, with Brian Kendrick," is written clicked as "Paul London, alongside his tag team partner," for some reason. As in they were teaming and Paul London got the fall. I've never had that problem before, and I'm pretty good with nuance in writing.

Should have used the word "singles" or "accompanied" at least one.

The double dropsault spot is also something you'd associate with tag team wrestling, so it gets off to a weird start and a weird finish, with the reality being in the middle. Considering I don't read reports that closely, that would have been what threw me.

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2007, 04:44 AM
By the way, I know "with" usually refers to "accompanied," it just didn't stand out to me in the report for some reason, which is really odd. On more self-analysation of my thoughts at point of reading, I think the double dropsault spot is what confused me most of all. The spot is usually reserved by London for multi-man matches, so when he busted it out, I thought "tag team". My apologies, I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

I guess I just want to see the Deuce & Domino drop the Titles bad. :p

Impact!
05-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Lol, join the club Alienoid...oh wait The Optimists, nevermind.

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Lol, join the club Alienoid...oh wait The Optimists, nevermind.

:lol:

Impact!
05-09-2007, 06:38 AM
:p

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I must spread my legs like a dirty whore so I can rep you.

Impact!
05-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Well dammit it's worth it

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 11:39 AM
You know, Mellon Arena is such an ancient, decrepit piece of shizm, I can't believe they still hang steel cages and HIAC structures from its roof.

Arnold HamNegger
05-09-2007, 12:24 PM
You know, Mellon Arena is such an ancient, decrepit piece of shizm, I can't believe they still hang steel cages and HIAC structures from its roof.

Hey, "Steel City" isn't just a flashy title...and they have one hell of a motto:

GIVE US STEEL OR GIVE US DEATH...(even if the steel leads to our death)...IT'S STILL STEEL TO US DAMNIT!

:shifty:

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 12:49 PM
I also wonder how long we will have to put up with Edge being called "the Pittsburgh Stealer."

DAMN iNATOR
05-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Next week, Ozzy feuds with Jillian over who has the “better singing voice”...:shifty:

Theo Dious
05-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Ozzy: She does!
Jillian: No, he does!

DAMN iNATOR
05-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm looking forward to the cruiserweight match. I get the feeling they're going to pull the trigger on Jimmy Wang Yang this time. It wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to make Chavo a long-term Champion, though. The match will be a lot of fun.

Nah, I'd just as soon see Yang in a Cruiserweight Championship match at Judgment Day and have him win it off Chavo...Yang, I think is one of the somewhat underrated cruiserweights, hell even one of the more underrated superstars period on SmackDown! right now, just because he hasn't been in all that many matches so far in his WWE career, but I think the Cruiserweight gold around his waist could actually make people actually give a damn about it, and also about Yang himself, if he defended it regularly in decent feuds...