PDA

View Full Version : How long before you consider something not a spoiler?

Xero
05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Let's settle the debate.

McLegend
05-09-2007, 12:39 PM
When it comes to wrestling I could care less about spoilers.

Since most the time you see it coming it anway.

Londoner
05-09-2007, 12:41 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?!

Pepsi Man
05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, once I see it, it's not a spoiler for me, but I don't know what to vote, because really, I don't think the whole thing is fair on those in the UK or other countries that don't get the show on the same day/at the same time as those in North America do.

Personally, I'm often working or out while the shows are on, and thus tape and watch them, but I make it a point to avoid TPWW and other pro wrestling sites when there's a show I plan on watching that I have not watched yet.

IC Champion
05-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Technically shouldnt it be until the next show airs?

Xero
05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Shit, I just realized that it airs in the UK at the same time. :-\

FourFifty
05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
As I recall, when Goldberg Goldberg won the number 30 spot in the Royal Rumble on Raw I posted a little blurb about it, talking about how he won't win it because no one who has gotten number 30 has ever won it. Some people were pissed off because I had no idea that Raw aired later in other places.
So I'd say as long as it hasn't aired on TV somewhere, then it's a spoiler.

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
So I'd say as long as it hasn't aired on TV somewhere, then it's a spoiler.

Oh, I'm supposed to wait six months because some Zulus in the fucking Congo haven't gotten their feed yet? Fuck that. :foc:

................................................................................:shifty:

BigDaddyCool
05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
I still argue that if you don't want to see spoilers, then you better not come to a wrestling website. If you know you live in a place where they don't have live wrestling or it is shown hours or days later, like England, you come here at your own fucking peril. I'm not going to wait till England sees it for the first time when I just saw something I want to talk about. And I don't think I should have to put a spoiler warning on every thing. FGB.

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I still argue that if you don't want to see spoilers, then you better not come to a wrestling website. If you know you live in a place where they don't have live wrestling or it is shown hours or days later, like England, you come here at your own fucking peril. I'm not going to wait till England sees it for the first time when I just saw something I want to talk about. And I don't think I should have to put a spoiler warning on every thing. FGB.

Not sure what FGB means but :y::y::y:

BigDaddyCool
05-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Fuck Great Britian, duh.

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Ah. So FCE would stand for "Fuck Canada, Eh?" Always wondered on that one.

BigDaddyCool
05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I guess, but saying that would be reconizing Canada as a soverign nation, I don't.

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Neither do I. Any country that came into being because of an act of British Parlaiment that basically amounted to "Hello Gov' we really don't care to own the Canadas anymore, so go off and do as you please" is not a real country. You have to kill at least one person to become a proper nation.

BigDaddyCool
05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Neither do I. Any country that came into being because of an act of British Parlaiment that basically amounted to "Hello Gov' we really don't care to own the Canadas anymore, so go off and do as you please" is not a real country. You have to kill at least one person to become a proper nation.

Good, so you don't count Poland as a nation either, France let them be a nation again.

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Well "again" is the active bit there. I haven't done enough research into Poland to know, I just generally think of them as part of "Europe" which is actually below Canada. Though the UK is somewhere a bit above Canada AND Europe right now.

Now that I think of it, any nation that France "let" do anything can't really be a proper one either.

tucsonspeed6
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Everything is always a spoiler.

Nobody should ever speak about anything ever again.

:mad:

Theo Dious
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
SPOILER, HIGHLIGHT TO READ:

WWE RAW was on the other night. There were a bunch of commercials, and some guys did things in a wrestling ring. There were commentators, and I believe the event took place in some kind of arena.

Dave Youell
05-09-2007, 04:05 PM
For me personally it's after the repeat of Raw gets shown on a Thursday in the UK. Get get ECW then as well

We get Smackdown on the Same Day (Friday)

Volare
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM

WWE RAW was on the other night. There were a bunch of commercials, and some guys did things in a wrestling ring. There were commentators, and I believe the event took place in some kind of arena.

You ASS!!:rofl:

FourFifty
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Soylent green is PEOPLE!!!

Xero
05-09-2007, 05:08 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/khalisoylent.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't think anything could be considered a spoiler once it is advertised all over their official website. Regardless of how crappy their website is. If WWE.com said Stone Cold Steve Austin was returning to competition the following week, it would not be a spoiler, not matter how many "Thank you! The one thing I might possibly have marked out for..." posts are made.

Besides that, nothing against Great Britain or anything, but if you know when RAW airs in America, and you know that RAW is in the past for them, you really shouldn't be posting on wrestling forums.

XL
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
In regards to the US / UK difference...I think it's a lot different nowadays.

Back when we got Raw on a Friday it was a different matter but even then you can't expect people from the US to have to wait 4 days til we see it. Eveb more so if you don't want spoilers don't come to a message board like this!!

Personally I've never had Sky/cable and have never consistently watched episodes of Raw/SmackDown! even when I have access to download them, and so have always relied on the net to find out what happens from show to show, so spoilers are part and parcel of that I guess.

Kane Knight
05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I wait a week for even minor stuff, both out of respect and to appease the crybabies who complain if you mention London's tights were a slightly different colour because it means he was on the show.

If it's on WWE.com, it's not a spoiler, period. That, for example, is as stupid as complaining that people are talking about Venom being in Spider-Man 3 when it's all over TV in ad form.

Dave Youell
05-10-2007, 06:02 AM
It doesn't take a lot of effort to type the word spoiler in the title does it? So just make sure you do if your not sure.

Not hard really.

DAMN iNATOR
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
If I just got through seeing a segment on TV, and don't read about it online until 2 seconds afterwards, it's not a spoiler to me.

Disturbed316
05-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Aired in UK

NeanderCarl
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I only care about spoilers that have yet to air live (news leaked before the event actually takes place).

If it's live, I'm probably watching it. If it's taped, I've probably read about it of my own accord.

However, I voted for "when it's aired in the UK" on behalf of those who watch the taped shows and don't want them spoiled.... although thinking about it, we see Raw and PPVs at the same time as the US fans, we see SmackDown before the US fans... it's only ECW that could potentially be spoiled for UK viewers, and seeing as barely anyone watches it... who cares?