PDA

View Full Version : Test your Wrestling Knowledge.

dude extreme
05-15-2007, 05:58 AM
1. How many singles World Championships has Rey Mysterio J.R. held?

2. Name any 2 wwe divas who wear a wig down to the ring.

3. How many singles World Championships has Dwayne Johnson held?

4. Name the only wrestler to have hold 4 prestigeous World titles?

M-A-G
05-15-2007, 06:27 AM
1. Only one. Unless you're taking that whole Cruiserweight Championship of the World seriously. Which I don't.

2. All of them.

3. 9. 2 WCW titles and 7 WWE Titles.

4. Lots of people depending on your definition of prestigous and a World Title. Hogan's the first one to come to mind.

dude extreme
05-15-2007, 07:13 AM
ans 1. 10. Obviously the Cruiser title is a singles World Championship.

ans 2. Molly Holly and Melina.

ans 3. 10. 2 time WCW Champion, 7 time WWF Champion which includes one reign as the undisputed champion which is a unification of the WWF and the WCW title.

ans 4. Damn! this was easy. Kurt Freakin' Angle of course. Former WCW Champion, WWF/E Champion, World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown! and the current NWA World Heavyweight Champion in Tna.

XL
05-15-2007, 07:18 AM
lol

1. You must be the only person here to count cruiser title wins as world championships.

2. You said name any two divas, surely that implies there are more than 2 correct answers!?

3. I wouldn't count the undisputed title as two title reigns, hell, I don't even think WWE do

4. Spoilers in black, highlight to read

Angle was stripped of the NWA Title at this weeks tapings so I'd say he never legitametly held it.

dude extreme
05-15-2007, 07:26 AM
if so then why do they call the title as the Cruiserweight Championship of the World.

XL
05-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Who calls it that? Chavo Guerrero is listed as "Cruiserweight Champion" on wwe.com. No mention of the "world"

Regardless, your question was misleading and therefore should not be used to test someone's "knowledge" of wrestling. The Cruiserweight Championship is a Mickey Mouse belt that has never really held any kind of prestige in WWE...you can hardly claim it as a World Title reign.

DAMN iNATOR
05-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Who calls it that? Chavo Guerrero is listed as "Cruiserweight Champion" on wwe.com. No mention of the "world"

Regardless, your question was misleading and therefore should not be used to test someone's "knowledge" of wrestling. The Cruiserweight Championship is a Mickey Mouse belt that has never really held any kind of prestige in WWE...you can hardly claim it as a World Title reign.

Nonetheless, he thinks of it as one because what he's saying is that the SD! announcers always announce the Cruiserweight Champion as the Cruiserweight Champion of the World, and the title is referred to by the announcer as the Cruiserweight Championship of the World. Now if de had put in a real question, like “Name the only woman in WWE (doesn't include the WCW incarnation) to hold the Cruiserweight Championship?”, I could see that as a legitimate question, but de's wasn't. The reason I believe the announcer refers to the title the way he does is to distinguish between the World Heavyweight Championship and the Cruiserweight Championship, because they are two different weight classes, not to mention that, obviously the Cruiserweight Championship is exclusive to Cruiserweights, in that it can only be held by those who weigh in at < 220 lbs. (< 100 kg.).

SammyG
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
lol, dude extreme. Terrible.

DAMN iNATOR
05-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Ok, this is a chance for Dude Extreme to redeem himself...answer this question correctly and I'll throw ya a pos. rep. (no looking up the answer, though...)

Q. Name the only tag team in professional wrestling to have ever held the tag team championships of 5 different organizations, and how many titles do they have to their credit in all, AND which tag team championship do they currently hold (Yes, there is one)?

A. __________________________________________________________

Xero
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Dudley Boyz, 17, NWA, WCW, WWE, ECW, TNA?

Edit: Whoops, wasn't for the general public. :shifty:

Rob
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Angle isn't the TNA champ either.

DAMN iNATOR
05-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Dudley Boyz, 17, NWA, WCW, WWE, ECW, TNA?

Edit: Whoops, wasn't for the general public. :shifty:

tbh, I doubt d.e. would've got it either.

They've held tag titles in WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA and HUSTLE.
They've held 20 tag titles total as a tag team.
They are currently only the HUSTLE Super Tag Team Champions, as they were recently stripped of the TNA straps rather unceremoniously.

Xero
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
If they were stripped of the NWA championships (I don't consider it a stripping because TNA themselves had nothing to do with that) they should be considered champions of SIX titles in that case, because they were both NWA and (or will be) TNA tag champions.

And I knew I had the number wrong after I posted, though I thought it was 21 now...

DAMN iNATOR
05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
If they were stripped of the NWA championships (I don't consider it a stripping because TNA themselves had nothing to do with that) they should be considered champions of SIX titles in that case, because they were both NWA and (or will be) TNA tag champions.

And I knew I had the number wrong after I posted, though I thought it was 21 now...

Alright, if you're gonna get technical on my ass, I digress.

M-A-G
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
ans 1. 10. Obviously the Cruiser title is a singles World Championship.

Uh, no, it isn't.

ans 2. Molly Holly and Melina.

Again, the implication was that there were more than 2. And who really cares?

ans 3. 10. 2 time WCW Champion, 7 time WWF Champion which includes one reign as the undisputed champion which is a unification of the WWF and the WCW title.

OK, so if it's a unification of two belts than that means it's one belt. Hence 9. You're wrong.

ans 4. Damn! this was easy. Kurt Freakin' Angle of course. Former WCW Champion, WWF/E Champion, World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown! and the current NWA World Heavyweight Champion in Tna.

Except that he's not the NWA champion. You're wrong again.