View Full Version : Matches that should've been good but weren't

Scarlet
02-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy at some PPV

Razor Rybek
02-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Kevin Nash Vs HHH

HBK vs Batista

There are thousands of matches which simply did not achieve their full potential, but i cant be bothered to list em all

Champion of Europa
02-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Brock vs. Angle at Summerslam.

Mark Magnus and Nick Dinsmore vs. Adrenaline. :mad:

mitch_h
02-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I think I brought up Tajiri vs Low Ki in anohter thread. I thought they would have blended nicely but it was a terrible match... mainly because of Tajiri.

MVP
02-23-2004, 06:47 PM
I agree, definitely not as good as the Wrestlemania XIX match.

The techinical quality of the match just didn't match up.

M-A-G
02-23-2004, 07:03 PM
HHH vs. Shawn Michaels and Eddie vs. Chavo at the Rumble.

Ricky
02-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm not gonna get into a big debate about this, but quite frankly I thought the Kurt Angle VS Brock Lesnar iron man match last year was a load of shit.

Shake
02-23-2004, 07:06 PM

Yeah, true. It was still brilliant, but it wasn't as good as their Wrestlemania match. I don't quite understand why, since Angle was in better condition at Summerslam and didn't need to dance around his injuries as much.

Shake
02-23-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm not gonna get into a big debate about this, but quite frankly I thought the Kurt Angle VS Brock Lesnar iron man match last year was a load of shit.

I think "load of shit" is a wee bit strong, but let me guess - you didn't like the messy psychology and the big gaps in action during the first half?

OssMan
02-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Pretty much all of the matches at Rumble 04 except for the Rumble itself

Sensei Of Mattitude
02-23-2004, 07:28 PM
HHH vs. Shawn Michaels and Eddie vs. Chavo at the Rumble.

Definitely

and the Chamber match from Summerslam where HHH beat Goldberg. Terrible.

Showstopper
02-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Me versus both of my little brothers in a "lets fight till we are all tired" match

Joe Kerr
02-23-2004, 08:26 PM
how about HHH vs. HBK lastman standing royal rumble match... I think mainly because it was rushed and they were trying to compete with there year end match.

Shaggy
02-24-2004, 12:07 AM
I think im gonna have to dig in the past for this one. I will have to go with the Stone Cold vs Undertaker at the Highway To Hell Summerslam PPV. I waited for this match anticipating that it was gonna be great. When it ended I was very disapointed.

One more that is more updated. The Rock Vs Goldberg. I forgot when it happened which makes me seem dumb since it was so recently. But with all the hype WWE game this match I was waiting for something big to happen. Instead we got a match that was 40% Spear and 60% lying on the ground. Know I know this is basically every Goldberg match but still. This one should of been good. But It Failed.

Those have to be the worst matches that I have seen to this day.

Iceman90
02-24-2004, 12:10 AM
WCW vs. WWF.

Should have been a classic for the ages, but failed.

John la Rock
02-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Triple H vs Chris Jericho-Wrestlemania X8

Mikey
02-24-2004, 09:07 AM
WCW vs. WWF.

Should have been a classic for the ages, but failed.

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Rock vs. Goldberg
HHH vs. Jericho (X8, thanks Steph)
Rock/Hogan II

SuperSlim
02-24-2004, 12:57 PM
the goldberg Rock match took place at Backlash last year.

but HHH/Steiner matches

Nash/HHH in the cell

Flair/HBK at Bad Blood- hyped to be so big and yet slated of so much time

So many more

The Forgotten One
02-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels Survivor Series 97

The match was alright but the finish ruined it. :shifty:

Nowhere Man
02-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Chris Benoit vs Ric Flair from Raw. I mean, you've got (IMO) the best wrestler in the world today against the best wrestler of all time (again, imo), so you'd think this would've been a match for the ages. It was a pretty good match, but just didn't deliver what it should have. I mean, there wasn't even much of a chopping contest, considering the people involved.

Mr.Violent J
02-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Bret Hart vs Curt Hennig I can't remember which WCW PPV it was but I believe it was for the US title. Anyway, their SS 92 match was a classic and the matchin WCW was just.... boring. Maybe it was just me though.

Corkscrewed
03-01-2004, 02:31 PM
but HHH/Steiner matches
How was that SUPPOSED to be good?

Heyman
03-01-2004, 06:35 PM
What about when Edge fought Christian that one time? (can't remember when).

Also - that one time when Triple H defeated HBK in the 2 of 3 falls match.

sadio8
03-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Heyman - you thinking of that ladder match they had at No Mercy 2001 for the IC title? Or you thinkin of a different match?

DMI
03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
The entire No Way Out PPV last month.

Shaggy
03-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Every match on the card of the last 2 smackdown ppv's

jessica rocks
03-02-2004, 01:53 AM

Mark Magnus and Nick Dinsmore vs. Adrenaline. :mad:

i agree totally with magnus/dinsmore/adrenaline match. It shoulda bee 10 times better than it was. A disappointment all around

jessica rocks
03-02-2004, 02:00 AM
I think im gonna have to dig in the past for this one. I will have to go with the Stone Cold vs Undertaker at the Highway To Hell Summerslam PPV. I waited for this match anticipating that it was gonna be great. When it ended I was very disapointed.

One more that is more updated. The Rock Vs Goldberg. I forgot when it happened which makes me seem dumb since it was so recently. But with all the hype WWE game this match I was waiting for something big to happen. Instead we got a match that was 40% Spear and 60% lying on the ground. Know I know this is basically every Goldberg match but still. This one should of been good. But It Failed.

Those have to be the worst matches that I have seen to this day.

The SummerSlam of 98 was a great PPV. I dont know how you can say you were disappointed by the end of UT/SCSA. I thought the entire night from start to finish was great but i remember that being a really good match. Granted neither are the best of wrestlers but they always put on an entertaining match.

Hell somewhere around here i still have the poster i stole from the bar where i was watching that PPV.

Mister Sinister
03-02-2004, 03:27 AM
The SummerSlam of 98 was a great PPV. I dont know how you can say you were disappointed by the end of UT/SCSA. I thought the entire night from start to finish was great but i remember that being a really good match. Granted neither are the best of wrestlers but they always put on an entertaining match.

Hell somewhere around here i still have the poster i stole from the bar where i was watching that PPV.

I throught the match was pretty good for who was in it, and It's not Everyday you see Undertaker do a Legdrop from the top rope, Thru The Announcers Table

jessica rocks
03-02-2004, 03:47 AM
LOL i read it too fast and thought you said it wasn't everyday you see UT do a leg drop. Im glad i read it again before posting my original reply. :lol:

Champion of Europa
03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
i agree totally with magnus/dinsmore/adrenaline match. It shoulda bee 10 times better than it was. A disappointment all around

If you are indeed a woman, I will come down there and ravage you, I swear.

OVW woman. :heart:

CBright7831
03-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Bret Hart vs Curt Hennig @ WCW Uncensored 98 it was but I believe it was a Grudge Match. Anyway, their SS 91 match was a classic and the matchin WCW was just.... boring. Maybe it was just me though.
Fixed.

Tiken
03-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Any match featuring Ric Flair in the new WWE. Seriously hes lost his talent, he has man boobs now, and everytime I watch him wrestle I pray they have EMT's nearby to restart his heart cause it looks like half the time hes gona drop dead in the ring.

Boondock Saint
03-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Any match featuring Ric Flair in the new WWE. Seriously hes lost his talent, he has man boobs now, and everytime I watch him wrestle I pray they have EMT's nearby to restart his heart cause it looks like half the time hes gona drop dead in the ring.

:wtf:

Flairs put on quality matches since his return.

jessica rocks
03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
If you are indeed a woman, I will come down there and ravage you, I swear.

OVW woman. :heart:

Uh oh....

*runs

jessica rocks
03-03-2004, 03:00 PM

Dont joke on flair. Not everyone can do the "old man flop" (where he gets pushed in the corner and flops upside down and over the ring post) as well as he does. :roll:

Savio
03-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Rey Vs Ultimo (some time in the summer)

tucsonspeed6
03-04-2004, 02:21 PM
A couple years ago Flair and Jericho had a feud, and it looked like a great setup: Both men have great technical experience and are masters of submission. Unfortunately Flair had just gotten back into the ring and their styles really seemed to clash. The result was about a billion knife edge chops, one or two poorly done grappling moves and very little entertainment.

c4g2
03-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Hell in a Cell Nash vs Triple H for the world heavyweight title.

It was disorganised, to say the least. The match was not up to standard for a Hell in a Cell match. All we had was a who-can-bleed-more contest in the end. The finish was also sucky. :n:

AxelYoungblood
03-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Me versus both of my little brothers in a "lets fight till we are all tired" match

Lol, i knew i should have patented that much (can feds actually patent gimmick matches???...another thread maybe?)

AxelYoungblood
03-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Dont joke on flair. Not everyone can do the "old man flop" (where he gets pushed in the corner and flops upside down and over the ring post) as well as he does. :roll:

ROFLMAO!! absolutly pissed mysides when i read the "Old Man Flop"

blake639raw
03-05-2004, 10:39 PM
ROFLMAO!! absolutly pissed mysides when i read the "Old Man Flop" So you're an international gay icon?

blake639raw
03-05-2004, 10:40 PM
:lol: at "Old Man Flop"