PDA

View Full Version : Savage backing down to Hogan...

Zeeboe
05-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Years ago at some wrestling event that Hogan and Savage were at, Hogan told Savage he'd always be there for him and Savage was a prick to him and Hogan then asked Savage to step outside with him and Savage refused.

I read about that online on various wrestling news websites. I can't find any old threads about it though or any of the stories from the sites and I just wanted to get my memory refreshed about the whole thing. Anyone have any info on this story other then what I typed above? Or links to old sites that covered this story?

EDIT: Wait, I JUST found this on Wikipedia....

"Savage made his return to wrestling for TNA at Victory Road 2004 and feuded against Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall. At Turning Point 2004 he teamed up with Jeff Hardy and A.J. Styles to defeat the Kings of Wrestling (Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall). The main event of Final Resolution 2005 was going to be Jeff Jarrett and Randy Savage for the NWA Title. Savage's plan was to win the belt and then drop it back to Jarrett at the next pay per view. When TNA Management didn't like the idea Savage left because neither party would budge. There were also stories of a confrontation between Savage and Hulk Hogan, who was backstage at the TNA tapings. Hogan only wished to shake Savage's hand and wish him luck; Savage however had harsh words for Hogan, who asked if Savage wanted to "step outside" to settle matters; Savage apparently declined. Savage then claimed TNA was an "unsafe working environment" and actually left one time prior to leaving TNA for good, for this reason; he returned after being promised his own private dressing room and allowed his own personal security, which consisted of one of the Harris Brothers and ex-wrestler Brian Adams. While this pacified tensions between Macho and TNA management for a while, his eventual departure was in fact indeed due to the title match proposed outcome."

Yup, Savage is a wuss. That is all.

Funky Fly
05-20-2007, 04:34 AM
That was also around the time of "Be A Man"

KayfabeMan
05-20-2007, 05:46 AM
I was there during the time of said incident taking place.

I remember numerous TNA staff running around scrambling and yacking about how Hogan had this confrontation with Savage.