PDA

View Full Version : What if it was Shane who was getting the high ranking promotions and not Stephanie?

KingofOldSchool
05-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah. Suppose Shane had gotten all of the talent relation power that Stephanie was given (ie: helps with the booking of shows, deciding who to hire/fire) instead of being stuck in the media department. Do you think Shane would help the company go in the right direction?

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Even though Shane is a much more respected on-screen personality, there's really no evidence to suggest that he is any more wrestling-minded than his little sister, nor that he is any more qualified to run the WWE when the elder McMahons kick the bucket.

It must piss him off that Steph is being groomed to take over though. Not that it matters, as I assume they will be equal partners from an equity standpoint.

Xero
05-20-2007, 05:11 PM
The WWE would be a fully worked MMA promotion.

Dave Youell
05-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Shane is basically going to be filling Linda's shoes and doing all the behind the scene's business stuff, although it's not as glamorous it's still equally as important

Mr. JL
05-21-2007, 07:47 AM
I bet we'd see a more hardcore & high flying aspects encorporated into the shows.

KingofOldSchool
05-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I know one thing, if Shane was doing Stephanie's job, Test and Big Show would still be in the company.

Hanso Amore
05-22-2007, 05:40 AM
As would Ariel.

I wonder why they went the ways they did.

Shane is basically taking over For Linda, He will be the CEO and he is going to handle the business side.

Steph is Vince, running the booking and being the Evil Boss. Im sure Trips will get some of that too.

It would be great if Shane sold his stock when Vince retires and leaves Steph and her shitty product to rot.

Either way, neither one is very qualified to do either job.

Slow
05-22-2007, 05:55 AM
I wouldn't want their roles switched, i like to see shane at the shows, on tv being involved in the story lines since he's interesting to watch. Steph can have all the backstage responsibility she wants, but she'll never be as good on tv as shane or vince

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Either way, neither one is very qualified to do either job.

I'm not doubting you or anything, just questioning your opinion.

But if you haven't actually worked for said company, how can you question someones eligibility for the role? My general opinion would be that since they've been brought up in the business, and are younger(therefore I'd imagine more in touch with the main demographic). Then say if Vince died tomorrow, or for some unseen reason stepped aside, then I'd imagine the company and product itself wouldn't actually drop, but could stand a chance of being better.

IC Champion
05-22-2007, 11:55 AM
The whole family is stupid and knows very little about wrestling itself.

Theo Dious
05-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah, really, if they did they'd have the biggest wrestling company in the world.

Oh wait.

BigDaddyCool
05-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I think Shane is probably easier to work with. If he was incharge, I wonder if he would take more listen to more people. See, it isn't that he needs to be a genius to run the company right. He would just need to get people who are geniuses and take their directions. I don't see Steph listening to anyone besides Hunter. I'm hoping H will be able to put himself aside when he retires from being active and pushes the right talent.

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
I think Shane is probably easier to work with. If he was incharge, I wonder if he would take more listen to more people. See, it isn't that he needs to be a genius to run the company right. He would just need to get people who are geniuses and take their directions. I don't see Steph listening to anyone besides Hunter. I'm hoping H will be able to put himself aside when he retires from being active and pushes the right talent.

Totally agree here. See I have no problem with the Kliq or anything, or them having the bosses ear back in the day, or having some say now. Because Vince himself can still make a decision to push good/different talent.

I can only assume that when Steph and H are in power completely, you can expect to see a main event scene of people H is buddies with for the most part.

Theo Dious
05-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Totally agree here. See I have no problem with the Kliq or anything, or them having the bosses ear back in the day, or having some say now. Because Vince himself can still make a decision to push good/different talent.

I can only assume that when Steph and H are in power completely, you can expect to see a main event scene of people H is buddies with for the most part.

I blame Stephanie for Hunter's loss to the Dark Side. Having and using backstage power is fine, but when did Michaels or Nash ever use it to actually destroy people?

Hanso Amore
05-22-2007, 12:57 PM
They may be great at the Jobsl. What I am saying is that they were born to the Owner, and when they got older, they stepped into these roles. They never had any experience or anything to qualify them to be running a Billion dollar company. They just walked into it.

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
There is a huge difference to just walking into a role and being born into the business. I'd say they have a greater advantage than most when it comes to this. Anyone else lets say Heyman or Bichoff have had to adapt to wrestling in later life, pay their dues etc. Where as Shane and Stephanie have had it around them their whole lives. And it is well documented that they spent a great deal of time around the business side of things from a very young age.

Vastardikai
05-23-2007, 12:08 AM
I blame Stephanie for Hunter's loss to the Dark Side. Having and using backstage power is fine, but when did Michaels or Nash ever use it to actually destroy people?

Bigelow, Bam Bam (there was talk of him Main Eventing after putting over LT)
Bulldog, British (Yeah, refusing to put him over in a match he dedicated to his dying sister. Really Classy.)
Candido, Chris (Started getting momentum, then jobbed to Barry Horrowitz. Barry Fucking Horrowitz)
Douglas, Dean (Again, the controversial Syracuse Incident. Would it have hurt to give the guy the slightest of an Edge (not Copeland.))
Vader (again, how hard is it to push a 6'5", 450 lb. Monster who was actually MOBILE. He fit the Hoss Role... Shawn apparently didn't want to put him over.)

Had he not been constantly injured, they may have TRIED to take the piss out of Ahmed Johnson. However, he probably would have been too over at that point, and his look gave him a rub.

Jordan
05-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Its the truth we really dont know Shanes preference when it comes to wrestling, we only know his on air persona. But if the family is anything like their dad, its probably the same. Steph isn't much different, Vince isn't... Of course I dont know them personally but im going by what I have read online. Shane seems to be a more buisness minded type in my eyes... The CEO is the owner so if its true he takes over Linda then he will have more power than Vince or Stephanie.

Theo Dious
05-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Bigelow, Bam Bam (there was talk of him Main Eventing after putting over LT)

I fail to see how that DESTROYED him.

Bulldog, British (Yeah, refusing to put him over in a match he dedicated to his dying sister. Really Classy.)

Again... destroyed?

Candido, Chris (Started getting momentum, then jobbed to Barry Horrowitz. Barry Fucking Horrowitz)

I'm ignorant of what they did to him, or how jobbing to Horowitz was their idea. Enlighten?

Douglas, Dean (Again, the controversial Syracuse Incident. Would it have hurt to give the guy the slightest of an Edge (not Copeland.))

I think we can all agree that Douglas needs no help destroying himself.

Vader (again, how hard is it to push a 6'5", 450 lb. Monster who was actually MOBILE. He fit the Hoss Role... Shawn apparently didn't want to put him over.)

Again, I am unaware of anything the Kliq may have done to him, and am willing to listen.

Had he not been constantly injured, they may have TRIED to take the piss out of Ahmed Johnson. However, he probably would have been too over at that point, and his look gave him a rub.

Let's please not start discussing what they MIGHT have done, okay?