05-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Dark Match & Friday Night Smackdown Taping in Des Moines, IA
» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 12:45 AM EST

The following took place on Tuesday in Des Moines, IA:

Dark Match:

- Chuck Palumbo defeated Daivari.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown Tapings (Air Date: May 25):

- The show kicks off with World Heavyweight Champion Edge coming out. Teddy Long came out and announced Batista vs. Kane vs. Finlay vs. Mark Henry tonight with the winner moving on to One Night Stand to face Edge for the World Title in a Steel Cage Match.

- Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated William Regal & Dave Taylor via DQ. WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino interfered to cause the DQ. All three tag teams brawled after the match.

- Vickie Guerrero was announced as the new Smackdown Assistant General Manager.

- Matt Hardy defeated The Miz.

- Mark Henry promo airs about tonight's main event.

- New WWE U.S. Champion MVP comes out to the arena in a Ford Mustang. MVP gave a victory speech and called out Chris Benoit. Benoit came out and MVP offered to shake hands. Benoit shakes his hand. MVP then tells Benoit to raise his hand, but Benoit instead gives MVP a German suplex and chops him. MVP then bails from the ring to end the segment.

- The Timbaland music video airs again.

- Kane promo airs about tonight's main event.

- Jimmy Wang Yang defeated WWE Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero in a Non-Title Match.

- Batista was interviewed by Kristal Marshall.

- Edge comes out to do commentary for tonight's main event Four Way to determine a #1 contender for the World Title.

- Batista won the Four Way Match over Kane, Finlay & Mark Henry. Batista got the pinfall on Finlay after a Batista Bomb. So, it will be Edge vs. Batista at One Night Stand for the World Title. The show ends with Edge and Batista staring each other down.

Post-Taping Bonus Match:

- Daniel Rodimer defeated Funaki.

Source: Matt Turk & PWInsider.com

dude extreme
05-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Damn!

Impact!
05-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Hopefully the D&D, L&K, Regal & Tayler thing sets up for a ladder or TLC match at ONS :drool:

Chavo V Yang sounds pretty good as well, and Miz V Hardy shouldn't be to bad. Kinda expected Batista to win, but whatever, Edge'll remain Champ.

Oh and Palumbo :love:

Corkscrewed
05-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Palumbo's still here?!

Impact!
05-23-2007, 05:15 AM
You better believe it

Ben Rodrigues
05-23-2007, 06:59 AM
How many fucking shots does Batista get!? OMG. *angry*

KingofOldSchool
05-23-2007, 07:33 AM
LOL that hillbilly tag team didn't debut yet again.

DAMN iNATOR
05-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I’d be so pissed at the Dark Main Event Match that I’d have probably just left...I mean, seriously wtf sort of “Bonus” Match is Rodimer/Funaki?

My Final Heaven
05-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Waitasec, Chavo's Cruiserweight champ? I had honestly forgotten all about this. :?:

Arnold HamNegger
05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I realize WWE has piss poor booking and it's basically a waste of time complaining about it or trying to find rhyme or reason......BUT...can somebody please explain to me WHY they booked they're MITB winner to lose cleanly to Matt Hardy only to have Matt Hardy go on to face people like The Miz?

Theo Dious
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Just to prove that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!

No, not really, it's cause they're stupid.

FourFifty
05-23-2007, 03:30 PM
OMFG THIS IS THE SECOND WEEK THEY OVERLOOKED THE TAG TEAM THAT WAS GOING TO MAKE THEIR DEBUT LAST WEEK! GODDAMN IT!

That's what I'd say if I gave a damn.
Well, anyone going to see Pirates 3 on opening day?

Stickman
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
WHC defending at ONS? What the fuck

6to1
05-23-2007, 05:09 PM
LOL that hillbilly tag team didn't debut yet again.
i guess there pickum up truck broke down

Volare
05-23-2007, 05:49 PM
YEE HAW!

Skippord
05-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Getting sick of that Timbaland video

Londoner
05-24-2007, 12:23 AM
That Timbaland video was shit.

SammyG
05-24-2007, 04:34 AM
Timbaland is awesome.

Shaggy
05-24-2007, 07:45 PM
How many fucking shots does Batista get!? OMG. *angry*

as many shots as it takes for the WWE writers to finally decide that Batista gets the belt....

I say give someone else some time in the spotlight...they should have Edge hold onto the title anyways untill Kennedy returns...in a month or two...then Kennedy and Edge can have a couple matches...

Skippord
05-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Timbaland is a gigantic homosexual.

Theo Dious
05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Timbaland is abominabe.