PDA

View Full Version : June 11 RAW (Spoilers)

Ben Rodrigues
05-27-2007, 04:31 AM
I can't be bothered direct quoting but I got it from Wrestleview.com that the June 11th RAW is entitled - WWE Draft Special. June 11th is the 3 hour RAW - and on the site it says it might not follow the Night of Champions format.

Thoughts.

Blitz
05-27-2007, 04:45 AM
The idea of another draft might interest me if the brand split weren't still alive in name only.

Ben Rodrigues
05-27-2007, 05:05 AM
Good point. Why the writers feel that the competition feeling that Bischoff and Stephanie had when they first did the split wouldn't help the brands is beyond me. Isn't that the reason the rosters were split anyway - to create a sense of competition?

NeanderCarl
05-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Isn't it 11 years to the day that the nWo formed???

And 6 years to the day that the Alliance formed???

That or thereabouts anyway.

Ben Rodrigues
05-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow. I didn't realise the Invasion was 6 years ago.

6to1
05-27-2007, 10:46 AM
yea the brand split only affects house shows now, the glory days of the mid carders is over we have cena lashley and batista every show now.

lort
05-27-2007, 12:44 PM
They badly need another draft IMO.

DarKCentaur
05-27-2007, 02:31 PM
They need a real draft though, where they pick new guys out of development, instead of just a shuffling of the current roster. Have the GMs propose trades of draft picks/wrestlers, and bring back the competition. If anything, the WWE is in dire need of more talent if they want the brand extension to survive.

Pepsi Man
05-27-2007, 02:38 PM
They need a real draft though, where they pick new guys out of development, instead of just a shuffling of the current roster. Have the GMs propose trades of draft picks/wrestlers, and bring back the competition. If anything, the WWE is in dire need of more talent if they want the brand extension to survive.
The talent they already have can barely fit on TV.

Jeritron
05-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I still hope something gets shaken up. Batista or Cena need to be moved, GMs need to be changed. If they're gonna stick with this brand extension shit all 3 shows need to have several major changes each because they're all stale as hell.

Pepsi Man
05-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I still hope something gets shaken up. Batista or Cena need to be moved, GMs need to be changed. If they're gonna stick with this brand extension shit all 3 shows need to have several major changes each because they're all stale as hell.
They just did that, two years ago, though.

Jeritron
05-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Yea, and its stale already

Pepsi Man
05-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Yea, and its stale already
I'm saying I don't think it did, nor would it if done again, fix anything.

Xero
05-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Do a Russo wipe. Clear most feuds and alignments and start everything over. Hold a tournament for each world title (midcarder titles stay the same) culminating at SummerSlam making it the Night of the New Era.

KingofOldSchool
05-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Soooo is Vince going to be "drafting" guys for ECW since they have no authority figure anymore?

I see Elijah Burke and CM Punk being moved to Smackdown and ECW is going to gain Chris Masters and Val Venis.

Evil Vito
05-27-2007, 04:24 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I wanna see them do a legit draft lottery. Clean out all the rosters, throw everyone's name in a barrell, pick new rosters, and work with whatever happens.

Obviously it'd never happen, but its hilarious to think about...especially if the crowds don't know that its 100% legit. I can just imagine everyone anticipating the first pick to be a rigged big name or something only for it to end up being Robbie McAllister</font> :cool:

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2007, 07:25 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I wanna see them do a legit draft lottery. Clean out all the rosters, throw everyone's name in a barrell, pick new rosters, and work with whatever happens.

Obviously it'd never happen, but its hilarious to think about...especially if the crowds don't know that its 100% legit. I can just imagine everyone anticipating the first pick to be a rigged big name or something only for it to end up being Robbie McAllister</font> :cool:

Apparently a draft is confirmed now, by the way.

I hope they do go with a complete re-shuffling of the rosters. Snitsky and Chris Benoit will probably end up on RAW if it is a five person thing.

FourFifty
05-27-2007, 09:32 PM
I wanna see them do a legit draft lottery. Clean out all the rosters, throw everyone's name in a barrell, pick new rosters, and work with whatever happens.

Obviously it'd never happen, but its hilarious to think about...especially if the crowds don't know that its 100% legit. I can just imagine everyone anticipating the first pick to be a rigged big name or something only for it to end up being Robbie McAllister :cool:

I'M ROBBIE!

Kane Knight
05-27-2007, 10:31 PM
yea the brand split only affects house shows now, the glory days of the mid carders is over we have cena lashley and batista every show now.

Which is what we were supposed to be avoiding.

They badly need another draft IMO.

Why?

lort
05-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Why?

Even though the split is really in name only. I just think the three brands aren't stacked equally especially with all the current injuries and they could do with mixing up things a bit get some new rivalries going - the same people fight each other week in and week out and on consecutive PPVs every month. Without really building a changing storyline.

Pepsi Man
05-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Even though the split is really in name only. I just think the three brands aren't stacked equally especially with all the current injuries and they could do with mixing up things a bit get some new rivalries going - the same people fight each other week in and week out and on consecutive PPVs every month. Without really building a changing storyline.
It really won't matter.

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 08:49 AM

How will thye be "mixing things up" When the roster split is really in name only?

KingofOldSchool
05-28-2007, 09:08 AM
How will thye be "mixing things up" When the roster split is really in name only?

Well duh, isn't it obvious?

The "draft" will be a way for the people who update WWE.com to move a superstar from one show page to the other.

The company wants us to think that this will shake things up on television, but in reality they are doing it so they can recreate roster pages on WWE.com

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 09:54 AM
It's BRILLIANT!

Team Sheep
05-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Well WWE.com says Shane has a major announcement tonight.

Confirmation perhaps?

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Actually, my sources indicate that he's announcing the injuries recently have lead to a roster unification. They will fire everyone but John Cena, Triple H, Bob Holly, Shawn Michaels, Bobby Lashley, Batista, the Undertaker, and Val Venis (Hey, gotta keep someone around who'll actually job).

Ben Rodrigues
05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Well WWE.com says Shane has a major announcement tonight.

Confirmation perhaps?

I bet it's just Saturday Night Main Event.

Mr. Nerfect
05-29-2007, 03:28 AM
I think it will be good if they use this to re-solidify the brands, and stop guys from moving freely between them. They should probably announce who the General Managers of these brands will be, as well. Jonathan Coachman for RAW, Theodore Long for ECW and Vickie Guerrero for SmackDown! (you know it's coming). When a Champion is drafted, he loses his Championship, as the belts are frozen to their respective brands.

They'll probably move Bobby Lashley to RAW, as he has "outgrown" ECW, even though he probably is the greenest thing there. Vince could rig the draft so he goes first, which would strip him of his newly won ECW World Championship. This can be used to arrange a tournament on ECW to decide a new World Champion. Add a tournament to decide new ECW Tag Team Champions, and you have yourself ECW's storylines over the next few months.

With rumours that Chris Benoit is going to RAW, this will probably be where and how they move him. I think a jump to ECW would be better, however. He's an "ECW Original," and he's the kind of worker that can lend his experience to the younger guys, and perfect their in-ring abilities.

Snitsky was rumoured to be going to RAW, so this how they can get him there. To be perfectly honest, he doesn't fit the image of the new ECW, so moving him could be good.

I can't really see any other major draftees, other than maybe Carlito or Randy Orton, and maybe even Kevin Thorn and Chris Masters (if you consider them major). I think we will see some smaller moves, like Jillian Hall and Michelle McCool to RAW to compete in the women's division.

With ECW getting The Major Brothers, I can see them trying to piece together an attempt at a tag team division. They released Vito, but they could have Santino Marella drafted to ECW, stripping him of the IC Title (so they claim he is undefeated), and have him and Nunzio team.

I'm giving in and saying Val Venis should be sent to SmackDown!. I've maintained he should be a RAW guy for ages, but I think he would be suited to a move. Michael Hayes actually seems to use wrestlers as wrestlers, so Venis might get a chance to put on some solid matches with guys like Finlay, and people might actually begin to give a shit about Sean Morley again.

Evil Vito
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm guessing it'll be like the original draft. 10 picks per show, then the rest are decided after either by a "random" draft lottery, or more likely people who aren't drafted stay where they are. I don't think titles will be frozen to their brands though. SO with that in mind:

Cena, Edge, and Lashley are basically guaranteed to be the first 3 picks no matter what. And they'll be the champions on whatever show they get drafted to. It would make the most sense to have all 3 champs not end up on their original shows...AT LEAST 2 need to switch. I just want Cena off of Raw. I don't see it happening, but it'd be great.

Like in the first draft, the Tag Champs will be drafted as a unit. I bet the Hardyz will lose the belts by then and be split up by the draft ala the Dudleyz (even though technically they already aren't on the same brand). I can see them swapping the tag titles, sending Deuce and Domino to Raw and the WGTT to Smackdown.

Chris Benoit is probably going to Raw. CM Punk I think is also going to be changing shows. Snitsky to Raw has been rumored although it pisses me off since he was just there a few months ago. I was thinking Finlay might switch but then I realized he's the senior producer of Smackdown so that's unlikely.

The only thing I'm unsure of is how its going to work afterwards with the rest of the roster: will there be a "lottery" or will they stay on their shows? I'd say probably the latter, or else you could reasonably expect to see every tag team broken up.

Also, if announcers can be drafted: PLEASE get JBL on Raw and send either King or JR to Smackdown. It'll never happen, but I never get to see Smackdown and I miss hearing JBL's commentary</font>

Team Sheep
05-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't like the idea of JR or King on Smackdown. Smackdown strikes me as more of a 'hipper' sort of show, aimed for younger viewers, although it is for everyone of course, so the fast paced commentary of JBL and Cole suit Friday Nights. Whilst Raw is more of a traditional show, as it's been around the longest, so JR and Kings slower, more purist styles suit it better. They still suck though.

Kane Knight
05-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I think it will be good if they use this to re-solidify the brands, and stop guys from moving freely between them. But since they won't, I'll stop here instead of masturbating for 900 paragraphs.