PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan Turns down AAA - Talks with Jarret No good.

Zeeboe
05-28-2007, 09:39 AM
- Hulk Hogan has turned down AAA's offer to work the July 15th TripleMania show in Mexico. Even though AAA has met the six figure asking price that Hogan was asking for, he still turned them down and told them that he isn't doing anything at all this summer. AAA is still continuing to make a play for Paul Wight for TripleMania.

- Recently Hogan has been in talks with Jeff Jarrett as well but nothing has come to terms as Hogan's asking price is way too high. Hogan was recently paid $75,000 just to do an autograph signing.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

*sigh* This is very frustrating. I'm tired of reading nonsense like this. Enough is enough. It's been building up for a long time now. For the first time ever, the man who plays the part of a character I've loved my whole life is going to become just another victim to one of my infamous long online rants. I used to blindly and ignorantly defend every thing he did, but no more. He's been really making me angry in the past year. I must say, even though I am a big fan of the character Terry Bolea plays, I am not a big fan of Terry Bolea and don't always agree with the things he does.

For starters, he should have jobbed to Randy Orton at Summerslam last year. Randy Orton is the Legend Killer. It's a good gimmick and having him defeat Hulk Hogan would have really put him over. But then again, Mark Calaway should have jobbed to Randy Orton too. I'm not an Orton fan but that doesn't take away from the fact that Orton is a young man and the future of wrestling and since he is the legend killer, he needs legends to put him over and it's selfish for guys like Bolea and Calaway not to put Orton over.

Then I recall weeks ago reading that Terry Bolea was charging fans like 150 for autographs and 250 for an autographed belt.

And then I remember reading that Terry Bolea was on the Bubba the Love Sponge Show, cursing like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas and saying he "didn't give a fuck" if people didn't like some song his daughter sang or something like that and when I read that, I was disappointed in him for talking that way.

And then in that prank call that was posted in my Hogan thread a while back where Bolea calls some guy "dawg" was just stupid and makes me think he's going through a mid-life crisis. I mocked Randy Savage for being in his 50's and acting like a gangster and now Bolea is doing the same it sounds like.

Even in Terry Bolea's book, all he talks about is money. That really annoyed me a few weeks ago when I read the book and then the back cover of the book, all he does is talk about how great he is. And in the actual book, he appeared to be only interested in making money. He became a wrestler to make money, he quit wrestling because he wasn't making enough and then he got back into it when he was told he could make a lot if he worked for McMahon. The whole book was just about money, money, money, money. And he still only cares about money. At this point in his career, he doesn't need freaking money. He and his family are set for life. Why does he care so much about money? What else does he need that he doesn't already have? There are people in the world starving and he's probably riding about in his boat that has paintings of himself all over it.

While I'm ranting about him, I also wanna say what he did at Wrestlemania 9 was very, very selfish. And him refusing to job to Bret Hart and then lying about it in his book was wrong too.

And "Hogan Knows Best" is one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen and comes across as being more staged then pro wrestling. I've only watched one episode and that was enough.

And I can't believe Terry Bolea is being considered for Father of the Year all for whoring out his daughter. Hell, I doubt Bolea will even show up for the event unless he's given money first.

I'm sure if you asked Hulk Hogan what his favorite match is, he'd probably tell you the Andre the Giant match at Wrestlemania III. But if you asked Terry Bolea, he'd most likely say the match where he made the most money.

Like I've said for five years on here and Rajah, I'm not a fan of Terry Bolea. I'm a fan of the character he plays. Terry Bolea is a selfish, money hog and for years it's been a dream to meet the man who played that role but I'm sure if I ever did, I'd have to spend two of my paychecks just to get a picture from twenty years ago that has his name on it. Even Terry Bolea admits that the Hulk Hogan character he plays brings out the best in him and that says a lot about the kind of person Terry Bolea is if a character brings out the best in him. But I have no doubt Bolea does have his good side....if he's being paid enough to show that good side that is.

I'll always love the Hulk Hogan character and will always mark out when he comes out to the ring with the Real American music all while wearing the red and yellow. I'll always have found memories of that character and he'll always have a special place in my heart. And whenever I talk about characters from my childhood that I really loved, Hulk Hogan's name will always be mentioned.

But Terry Bolea can stick it, brother.

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 09:44 AM
What was Hogan doing in talks with TPWW?

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Or is AAA = The American Armbar Association?

Zeeboe
05-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't know, it's some Mexican wrestling organization.

Xero
05-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Okay, this is getting into Alieniod territory.

Someone sum up when he said in five sentences or less.

Londoner
05-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow, you've finally woken up to reality Val Venis.

Londoner
05-28-2007, 09:56 AM

He basically said something like he's disgusted with Hogans attitude now as all he talks about is money. Funny, that's what we've been saying isn't it?

Xero
05-28-2007, 09:59 AM
That's what the Internet has been saying for years.

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 10:05 AM

No, Alienoid can make a 5 sentence post feel like a millenia.

Venis makes it feel like you're playing JBL rapes Eugene--The Home Game!

Zeeboe
05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I was infamous on wrestling message boards for my long rants long before a lot of people. It's true in recent years, I've tried to dial it down a little but in my defense, I've been defending this man my entire life and for the first time ever, I have finally snapped and can't take his nonsense anymore. It's been building up for years and years and years and this is the first time I've ever publicly insulted him. My family would be shocked. There have been MANY times Bolea has done things over the years that has angered me but he is too damn old to be acting the way he's been acting recently and I'm too old to lying to myself and others and act like he's a God and can do no wrong.

So yeah anyway, I think one is going to get a little crazy and rant a lot when they finally admit to themselves and others that they're life long hero only cares about money then the people who made him what he was. It's like finding out the truth about Santa Claus. I'm STILL not over that, damn it.....

owenbrown
05-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Or is AAA = The American Armbar Association?

Probably the American Automobile Association. Bet he's gonna go use a legdrop on people that don't have their service. :shifty:

owenbrown
05-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I was infamous on wrestling message boards for my long rants long before a lot of people. It's true in recent years, I've tried to dial it down a little but in my defense, I've been defending this man my entire life and for the first time ever, I have finally snapped and can't take his nonsense anymore. It's been building up for years and years and years and this is the first time I've ever publicly insulted him. My family would be shocked. There have been MANY times Bolea has done things over the years that has angered me but he is too damn old to be acting the way he's been acting recently and I'm too old to lying to myself and others and act like he's a God and can do no wrong.

So yeah anyway, I think one is going to get a little crazy and rant a lot when they finally admit to themselves and others that they're life long hero only cares about money then the people who made him what he was. It's like finding out the truth about Santa Claus. I'm STILL not over that, damn it.....

Are you also infamous for being a stupid n00b or possibly a sock too? :nono:

Zeeboe
05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Are you also infamous for being a stupid n00b or possibly a sock too? :nono:

Both. :)

..Oh no, I got another rant in me. Stand back.

McMahon didn't make Hulk Hogan what he is and neither did Terry Bolea. The people made him what he is. Years ago, when everyone on the net and everyone who worked for the WWF thought people didn't like Hulk Hogan anymore or forgot all about him, it was the people who brought Hulk Hogan back and made everyone realize that we still love him.

So for Bolea to charge people large amounts of cash for his autograph is wrong. He should do it for free. Our whole lives we've paid to see him wrestle live, we've paid for his PPV's, his t-shirts, his toys, the video games he's featured in, his video tapes, his books, his DVD's....hell, stupid crap we don't even need but because it has his name on it, we buy it. I once bought a damn Hulk Hogan camera. Every time you took a picture, this little crappy image of Hulk Hogan would appear in the lower right hand corner. I hated that thing but I lied to others...AND MYSELF for that matter and told myself it was cool. I even had a lunch tray that had him on it and a Hulk Hogan backpack.

People travel from all over the world and the country just to meet him. And then when they meet him, they have asshole security rushing them. So despite all the money people have paid to have Hulk Hogan stuff, despite that people have traveled long miles to see him, despite that people spend long hours waiting in line to meet him, despite that some people's stomach's are hurting and that they are very nervous because they're getting to meet Hulk Hogan, despite that people get to spend maybe a minute if they're lucky next to someone they've loved their whole life, all we want in return is to have more then ten seconds to talk to him, a handshake, a picture with him and a piece of a paper or a picture that has nothing but his name on it. That's not asking much. And yet he has the balls to charge people hundred's of dollars for it. :nono:

Stickman
05-28-2007, 04:19 PM
So this is new?

6to1
05-28-2007, 05:06 PM
yea where did trip-a get six figures and why would he want to hogan

IC Champion
05-28-2007, 06:58 PM
And someone cares?

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Has anyone read anything VV has posted recently?

I'm beginning to think he really is Val. Nobody notices anything he does...

Vastardikai
05-29-2007, 04:26 AM
He's kind of like me, only more retarded, and he shows up more often.

Actually, I'd say Orton/Hogan shouldn't have even been considered. But I'm with you, Orton should have won. That way, when his momentum peters out due to him being a mediocre worker with a ridiculous push (because he came from the sperm of Bob Orton Jr. (there's a joke in there somewhere)) or due to him being Randy Orton (aka a fuck-up), they'd have precisely jack shit to fall back on. Maybe then, he can join the shortlist of guys who have gone over Hogan and it do nothing for their career. (most notably being Ultimate Warrior)

Yep, I dislike Hogan, but I think only Paul "Ric Flair is jealous of me" Roma has more of my hatred than Orton does.

M-A-G
05-29-2007, 05:29 AM
No offense man, but welcome to 10 years ago.

Zeeboe
05-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Better late then never. And hell, I thought that was just a character Hogan played in WCW.

Xero
05-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Better late then never. And hell, I thought that was just a character Hogan played in WCW.
IT'S STILL FAKE TO YOU DAMMIT!

Kane Knight
05-29-2007, 05:04 PM
It's still KAYFABE tto me, dammit!

KayfabeMan
05-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Me?