PDA

View Full Version : Bitch about pvp in MMO's.

FourFifty
05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Okay, I just need to blow off some steam.

Last night I was playing CoV. I was in Warburg (a free fire pvp zone) and a ninjas/something master mind, who did not have his ninjas out IN A FUCKING PVP zone hits me with a weak blow.
I'm a robots/bubbles master mind. Well my robots made short work of him.
Now he has his entire supergroup after my ass in pvp. I love how this cunt can't face the facts that he was an idiot in a pvp zone and now needs to attack me while I'm fighting off some npcs, with his little faggot friends at his side.

Little cunt of a player holds a grudge because he was an idiot. So anything like this happen to anyone else?

Requiem
05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
People like you who freak out about PvP are the kind that I like to kill in PvP.

Hate to tell you, but that's how PvP works. You kill someone.. they bring back friends. It's been like that since the good ol' days of PvP when PvP meant something and was actually fun. Not this no-loot, no-penalty crap in modern MMOs where you can die and come back in 5 minutes without a care in the world just to attack again. In a game with real penalties, people are less likely to kill randomly too, because they knew people would bring friends. If you were good enough it didn't matter.. you could fight all of them and even win sometimes.

Yeah, it sucks.. but that's what happens. If you can't take it, don't go into PvP areas.

Funky Fly
05-31-2007, 05:45 PM
K, somebody post a list of what all these abbreviations are. :?:

Mercury Bullet
05-31-2007, 05:57 PM
PvP is player vs. player....I think.

What game is CoV though? I don't think I've heard of that...

FourFifty
05-31-2007, 06:51 PM
CoV= City of Villains
CoH= City of Heroes
PVP= Player vs player
MMO= Massiive Multiplayer Online
SG= Super Group (or in every other mmo, a guild)

Now I have no problem taking a beating in pvp. But when this one dude makes an idiot mistakes, gets bitch slapped, and then brings his friends in the next day because he can't solo me, while I'm already taking on two groups of npcs.... Overkill much?
I got out of the hospital, and there they are, waiting for me because one dude took a pop shot at me and got bitch slapped yesterday.
I'm all for a fair fight, and I'm willing to take advantge of people's mistakes (lord knows people take advantage of mine) , I'll even go as far as say all's fair in love and war as long as it's one on one.

Requiem
05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Have you played a game with PvP before? Honestly I'm surprised you didn't encounter this sooner. This kind of grief play exists in pretty much every game with a PvP system.

Kane Knight
05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm very angry for you.

darkpower
06-01-2007, 05:36 AM
At least CoV HAS PvP. Final Fantasy XI's only thing that resembles one is its Ballista battle that pits two teams of aventurers (one team for each nation represented in the game) against each other in a sort of "capture the flag" thing.

darkpower
06-01-2007, 05:38 AM
At least CoV HAS PvP. Final Fantasy XI's only thing that resembles one is its Ballista battle that pits two teams of aventurers (one team for each nation represented in the game) against each other in a sort of "capture the flag" thing.

Almost forgot to add that not having PvP like CoV's in FFXI is probably a good thing because the penelty of death in FFXI can get harsh.

Mr Regal
06-01-2007, 05:46 AM
lol at this thread.

You bitched slapped some punk and he got his buddies to kick your arse. Pretty sure that is the whole point of PvP in MMO's.....right?

Requiem
06-01-2007, 08:42 PM
lol at this thread.

You bitched slapped some punk and he got his buddies to kick your arse. Pretty sure that is the whole point of PvP in MMO's.....right?

Exactly.. that's what happens. It might not be honorable of him, but it got the job done and he killed you and got his revenge. That's how it works. You shouldn't have killed him if you didn't expect reprocussions.

Silent
06-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Him bringing his friends to kill you is not lame, especially since you killed him. The only thing I hate about PVP is the high levels who camp low levels all day. But some people insist that is part of PVP.