PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

The One
06-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I am seriously looking forward to Slammiversary. KotM, Steiners/3D could be good, Sting/Daniels, hell even Lethal/Sabin could be the goods. I am honestly considering ordering it. I can't even remember the last TNA PPV I ordered...anyone else looking forward to it?

St. Jimmy
06-02-2007, 02:10 PM
You are only "The One."

St. Jimmy
06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
THIS. IS. T-N-A:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OJ520jGU2Ss"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OJ520jGU2Ss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Innovator
06-02-2007, 02:35 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QFq5GjhtD1o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QFq5GjhtD1o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I am, I like Christian, and try to record TNA every week, and Slammiversary is the best PPV card they've had in a long time. I dont play to buy it thought, Ill just download it about an hour after the show ends.

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 04:58 PM
This is a pretty wqeak "Am I the only one?"

Try something more like "Am I the only one who masturbates in the shower while thinking of Kevin Nash?"

...Or I could make something up...:shifty:

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Like what?

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Like "Am I the only one who masturbates in the shower while thinking of <s>Kevin Nash</s> X-Pac?"

Executioner
06-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Im only looking forward to it...because I live 45 minutes away from Nashville and Ive got my tickets front and center....

Mercury Bullet
06-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Im only looking forward to it...because I live 45 minutes away from Nashville and Ive got my tickets front and center....

Are you gonna chant "This Is Awesome" when they show Sting walking down a hallway in the back?

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Or when Lance Hoyt clotheslines someone

BigDaddyCool
06-02-2007, 06:42 PM
It looks ok, but I'm still not ready to give TNa month yet.

James Steele
06-02-2007, 07:30 PM
On a serious note (God forbid), I am somewhat interested in Slammiversary. This week's impact was the first one I actually watched from start to finish and enjoyed. It will take more for me to order it, but this build-up has me somewhat interested in TNA again.

Executioner
06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Are you gonna chant "This Is Awesome" when they show Sting walking down a hallway in the back?

Maybe i will and maybe i wont....besides im only going because i didnt have to pay for the tickets...

Super V
06-02-2007, 09:51 PM
You'll love it until Jarrett uses his dead wife as a sympathy push to win the title.

El Fangel
06-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Only because Jarrett is not in KOTM

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 10:42 PM
You'll love it until Jarrett uses his dead wife as a sympathy push to win the title.

Dude. He's JEFF JARRETT. He needs a reason to win the title like Vince McMahon needs a reason to drop his pants on cable.

The One
06-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Writer: We need a good idea to put the title on Jarrett.

Jeff: How about this, it's Sunday.

Writer: Brilliant!

Mr. Nerfect
06-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I am also looking forward to the show. It will be packed with action and developments from start to finish, which is more anyone can say about a WWE show.

James Storm vs. Frank Wycheck will hopefully be done right...with Storm killing Wycheck for extra heat. You can have a babyface run down for the save when Storm continues killing him after the match.

Alex Shelley vs. Bob Backlund could be surprisingly good, as Backlund has probably been drinking carrot juice and human blood to get into shape. We might see some of that "European crap" from Alex Shelley. It would be sad if they didn't give the win to Shelley. He doesn't win in TNA much, but getting a victory over a former WWE Champion like Backlund could change all that.

Basham & Damaja vs. Voodoo Kin Mafia is not confirmed, but I think we will see it take place. I used to be a huge Billy Gunn mark, but as Kip James he really doesn't have much to offer TNA. This VKM shit is worthless, anyway. I'd give Basham & Damaja the strong win. Lance Hoyt can probably try and save VKM, or even turn on them during the match. A heel stable consisting of Basham, Damaja, Lance Hoyt and Christy Hemme, while not something to set the world on fire, could be mildly entertaining. It gives all involved something to do.

Eric Young beating Robert Roode and finally get free of his control has been perfectly built up. It's the classic "heel dominates feud until face beats him and finally gets moral retribution" story. Hopefully Russo and Mantel don't do something stupid to fuck this up. That is really a blanket statement, though.

I get the feeling we'll see Ricky Banderas debut at this show. I'd love for it to be in an impromptu match with Abyss, with Banderas getting the pin, and they can claim he defeated TNA's top monster in his debut. It'd be the start of their rumoured feud.

Chris Harris & Rhino vs. The LAX could be an amazing tag team match. Harris should be over like rover in Nashville, and Rhino's treatment by TNA is vastly underrated. The man picked up three wins at the very first edition of their version of WrestleMania, and while he hasn't had nearly as much success since then, he hasn't been treated badly. I think TNA are somewhat mad at Homicide for appearing at Ring of Honor's Respect is Earned, so I'd expect the win to go to Chris Harris & Rhino, which could give both men something to do, if they decide to go after Team 3D and the TNA World Tag Team Wrestling Chamionpships, that is.

Christoper Daniels vs. Sting is a match I am looking forward to, mainly because it is probably their biggest passing the torch match since their inception. Sting is like a nine-time World Champion, and Daniels is a man made on the indies. If Christopher Daniels goes over, and he should, TNA deserves endless praise for this. It's into TNA World Heavyweight Wrestling Championship contention for Christopher Daniels after this.

I hope they do the classy thing, and put all the Championship matches on last. I loved it when TNA used to do that. It made them feel worth something. Jay Lethal should finally win the X-Division Championship from Chris Sabin, in what should be a fun match. A lot of people don't like the Black Machismo character, so I suppose you can have Kevin Nash come out and remind Jay Lethal that it is OK to have fun and all, but it was only when he stopped using gimmicks in WCW, and started being himself, that he really changed wrestling. A feud between Jay Lethal and Alex Shelley over the X-Division Title could kick some serious ass. Actually, an Ultimate-X between Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt at one of the next few PPVs, might be the way to go.

Team 3D vs. The Steiners is a dream match to some, so kudos to TNA for putting it on. The belts should definitely stay around the waists of Team 3D, though. The Steiners are probably more over, and Team 3D should arguably not be Champions for long, but these are new Titles, so moving them around too much could get them off to a bad start. Have Brother Ray and Devon defeat The Steiners, and then have them cut a promo in the back after the match, about how they are the first-ever TNA World Tag Team Wrestling Champions, and in their lives they've won a lot of Titles, but these are their babies, and they are not going to lose them anytime soon.

The main event has me intrigued. You have Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Christian Cage and AJ Styles confirmed, with one spot being free. I'd personally give it to Ron Killings, what with his past in the company, and with his recent encounters with John Cena. Have him come out as a surprise opponent, and then have him perform well. Making him the first TNA World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion is a bit insane, though. I think the same can be said about giving AJ Styles and Christian Cage the belt. Not because either is bad, or doesn't deserve it, just because you have Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe as better picks. I originally would have gone with Kurt Angle, but I think Samoa Joe claiming the belt is the way to go. He's not from one of the bigger companies, and he's been built up to this moment well. It would be a defining moment for TNA. A feud between Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels over the TNA World Heavyweight Championship would be fucking amazing. Especially if they have another Three-Way Match with AJ Styles.

James Steele
06-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Alienoid, I appreciate all the effort you put into that post...even if I don't plan on reading all that shit.

The MAC
06-03-2007, 05:36 PM
okay you know what ..maybe we should alljust say fuck it! and get behind TNA. It could only help..

Mr. Nerfect
06-03-2007, 05:39 PM
okay you know what ..maybe we should alljust say fuck it! and get behind TNA. It could only help..

I agree, but a lot of the cynical cunts here will refuse.

The MAC
06-03-2007, 05:57 PM
think about it guys,

This is the perfect time as the WWE is weakened now thanks to the injury list. TNA is the only viable (loosely used ,trust me) threat to WWE. If we rally behind them now it will man something. I know Im asking for something that most of you will just reject out of hand.

If we make TNA more successful this will force Vince & co to catch a wake up and stop giving us this horse shit that they put on TV

TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA ALL THE WAY..

Kane Knight
06-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Is anyone here retarded enough to think that'll work?
(Ten Bucks says someone quotes Alienoid's post because they're a predictable moron)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Inadequacy
06-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Is anyone here retarded enough to think that'll work?
(Ten Bucks says someone quotes Alienoid's post because they're a predictable moron)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:'(

The MAC
06-03-2007, 06:26 PM
well, getting behind a company, showing them support will garner interest from the other players in the market place. If TNA gets a lot of support

Instead of just pissing down every idea to make a difference and then putting up another "Why does the WWE suck right now" thread why not do something different. It maybe be the thing that makes a little , if not all the difference.

Dale Carnegie eloquently stated : If you're happy with the results you're getting why change? but if you're not why not try something different?
Its very easy to be cynical and roll eyes at every suggestion then sit back and bitch. The hard thing to do is to do that little bit that makes a change.

Will this work ? I don't know. I do know that nothing comes of nothing.
Take it as you will..

Kane Knight
06-03-2007, 07:01 PM
First off, this operates under the delusion that TNA is actually different, a positive alternative.

Wait, fuck it. That's all I really need to say.

No, I'll add the second off after all. If I had a nickel for every time this has been proposed, and people had rallied behind it, I could own TNA. Oddly enough, here we are, despite your support, with the same two options in the same two spots with no discernable change in booking.

Oh, but this time, for sure. :roll:

Kane Knight
06-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Correction: I could own TNA with the change in my pocket.

Replace it with Owning WWE...

The One
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Even if every person at TPWW rallied behind TNA, that wouldn't make jack shit of difference. So why don't we move on and continue to discuss wrestling and not put an agenda behind it?

I will say if they give Daniels the nod over Sting, I will sing their praises at least until they do something really stupid (I'm guessing either later in the show or possibly stretching it all the way out to the next TV Tapings) before I breath a negative word about them. Daniels is one of the best in ring workers alive today, and he's never been given the chance to run at the top...despite AJ Faggot Styles getting shot after shot and never being able to break free from being a spot monkey, I'm glad they finally elected to at least tease that Daniels will be taken seriously from now on.