PDA

View Full Version : Getaway 2

Joe Kerr
02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
The Getaway, developed by Sony Europe's team Soho, was a blockbuster hit in spite of wildly mixed reveiws. now, at long last, word of a sequel has finally started to leak out of the U.K.
Information regarding The getaway 2 is scarce but heres what weve heard: This new saga covers centers on a east end geezer named Eddie O'Conners, a part time boxer, part time bouncer.full time bad mutha-shut-yo-mouth. Eddie also does a little work for some of London's finest criminal organizations on the side-- a hobby that we expext will land him in some hot water. Littlew is known about the plot, but there will likely be three main probably playable characters
The Getaway 2 will be able to explore central londons rough-hewn setting in new ways. We hear that Eddie will engage in some thrilling rooftop chases, some stealth-style missions and even ride the legendary Tube subway system.

i got this out of Game informer magazines.. i enjoyed the first Getaway game so im actually looking forward to this.

Danny Electric
02-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Lol, every time I play that game I love how realistic it is.
So whenever I'm round London, I try and find my way by the Getaway.

Eunos
02-24-2004, 01:27 PM
It was no Vice city. But it was still enjoyable...

I hope they widen the map this time so you can go out further then you could in no1..

There's a place i know really well that i wanted to get to but couldnt because the game ended there.

I also hope they add Camden Town and Canary wharf this time.

Sephiroth
02-24-2004, 01:44 PM
I think it was a pretty cool game, indeed no GTA Vice City but still a good playable game IMO. Hope the next one will be better though...

Disturbed316
02-24-2004, 03:28 PM
I didn't like it, but thats probably because I played the demo, which was said to be nothing like the game they released.

Boondock Saint
02-24-2004, 06:15 PM
I loved this game. More than GTA VC. Now I like VC, but for some reason I couldn't get into it as much as Getaway. Not really sure why, though. Eh, can't wait for this game though.

Shaggy
02-28-2004, 12:58 AM
When I first played a Demo of The Getaway I was blown away. I loved it so much that I went out and got it the day it came out right after school. I loved the game. I played it non stop untill well finally I stopped. I havnt played it in a long time and when I tried to play it the other day I just couldnt figure out all the controls again. Did anyone else ever have a problem with this or is it my bad memory that is messing up again.

deathtrap
02-28-2004, 03:19 AM
I think PSM2 has a video of it now.
OPSM2 had a massive feature 2 months bag, along with Hitman Contracts and DRIV3R.

Contracts looks sick.

Tony Montana
03-03-2004, 04:17 AM
After playing the Getaway I walked around speaking in cockney ryhming slang for a couple of weeks.