PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman to return as a manager?

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2007, 05:43 AM
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There has been talk of bringing Paul Heyman back to television, but with no creative stroke at all. They want him to be a heel manager for a heel that is on the brink of being pushed reaching main event level status.

Vince is lukewarm to the idea, but it is still a near 180 turn on how he felt about him back in December when he said that he'd never be brought back. On the hand, Michael Hayes, Bruce Prichard and Brian Gewirtz are arguing that it's a bad idea.

I personally want to see Heyman back as soon as possible. He is great on the mic, and one of the genuinely entertaining aspects of the show when he is around. Heyman could be just what Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von and Matt Striker need to finally take those steps to becoming main event players. Stick Heyman on commentary during their matches and let him talk them up.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2007, 05:44 AM
Immediately I thought of MVP, with Heyman being the agent who negotiated him his huge deal, but with Michael Hayes thinking it is a bad idea, it isn't too likely.

Mr. JL
06-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Fuck, turn Chris Benoit heel and have Paul Heyman be his manager.

It was reported that management was bitching about Benoit's lack of mic skills. The guy has everything in the ring to be a main event attraction though.

So, instead of making excuses for why Benoit won't work as a top guy... find ways to help get him there!

Kane Knight
06-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Heyman will be brought back, make everyone look bad by comparison, and be released again.

James Steele
06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Heyman will be brought back, make everyone look bad by comparison, and be sent home to eat hot pockets and watch House again.

Corkscrewed
06-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Eh... three months would still be better than none.

Arnold HamNegger
06-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't care how, just get him back on my TV. :y:

Mercury Bullet
06-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Immediately I thought of MVP

:yes:

IC Champion
06-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Heyman is one of the true Wrestling Genuis's, and the fact that he sits on his fat ass and collects cheques its pathetic, WWE creativly is the wosrt is has been in years.

Mooияakeя™
06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Heyman is one of the true Wrestling Genuis's, and the fact that he sits on his fat ass and collects cheques its pathetic, WWE creativly is the wosrt is has been in years.

:yes: and that REALLY is the bottom line....

Gerard
06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Why exactly was he sent home in the first place? Think i remember reading it was something to do with december to dismember being so shitty but that was a forgone conclusion that ppv was gonna blow.

RVDmark
06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Heyman is one of the true Wrestling Genuis's, and the fact that he sits on his fat ass and collects cheques its pathetic, WWE creativity is an oxymoron.

Fixed

mrslackalack
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I will be glad to see Heyman back on T.V.

Super V
06-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm tired of him as manager. Unless they're putting him in creative forget it. He has annoying ass voice anyway. MVP doesn't need a manager.

The One
06-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Mr. JL, if they bring in Heyman and have him manage Benoit I will drool. I mean really the ONLY reason Chris isn't a World Champion is he can't carry on the mic, but Heyman could, PLUS they have a history together with Heyman being the man to bring Benoit to America. Play off of it, turn them both heel, and you've got a Champ that can't do wrong.

mrslackalack
06-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow Hayes dont think Benoit is a main event caliber performer and now he dont want Heyman back?

Mr. Nerfect
06-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Heyman will be brought back, make everyone look bad by comparison, and be released again.

That's the sad truth.

Mr. Nerfect
06-07-2007, 05:29 AM
Remember the good old days when managers used to handle more than one talent? I think if they had Paul Heyman become that kind of manager, it would be much more interesting than that Heidenreich-type shit they have him do occasionally. I mean, he hasn't been mentioned yet, but I think the obvious thing the WWE would have him do, is manage Snitsky.

I love the idea of Paul Heyman being Chris Benoit's manager. Seriously...it makes me want to cum. If Benoit moves to either RAW or ECW, Heyman as his manager is a must. Also stick Heyman with Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von and Matt Striker. He could also assign himself to Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas on RAW. A stable of Benoit, Benjamin and Haas with Heyman as the mouthpiece? Fuck yeah. Having Heyman manage someone on every show would make me watch wrestling again.

James Steele
06-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Heyman and Benoit are a really good combination, and it would be even better if they turn Benoit heel and have him be the pure badass he was in 2000-2001.

Arnold HamNegger
06-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Heyman and Benoit are a really good combination, and it would be even better if they turn Benoit heel and have him be the pure badass he was in 2000-2001.

Wrestlemania 24

Cena vs. Benoit

(Bell rings. Crossface. Cena Taps. New champion.)

BEST MATCH EVER!

Kane Knight
06-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Wrestlemania 24

Cena vs. Benoit

(Bell rings. Crossface. Cena Taps. New champion.)

BEST MATCH EVER!

I think I just busted a nut all over the wall.

mrslackalack
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM
What if he formed a brand new Dangerous Alliance? With the right heels I think it could work.