PDA

View Full Version : World Wrestling Entertainment: It's EXPLOSIVE! *Raw Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
So anyways, now that obvious joke is out of the way.

What's your thoughts on the draft?

Of course Raw was made to look like the super show as Lashley, Booker, and Kennedy are now as of right now all a part of Raw. Once Hunter and Shawn make their respective returns, the main event scene on Raw will be on giant clusterfuck.

Smackdown only got Khali, Torrie Wilson, Ric Flair, and Chris Masters out of it. Well good luck Edge, you've got your work cut out for you.

Now they announced a "supplemental draft" happening on WWE.com Wed. afternoon. They also mentioned that people who were once safe may not be safe and people could still reswitch brands.

Now that begs the question.

Did they use some of the Raw draft picks for "shock" value and will go back to Raw and/or ECW?

I could defiantely see Kennedy end up back on Smackdown, I mean he's got a feud with Edge right in front of his face. And if WWE was really serious about pushing him, as much as I hate him, he needs to be on Smackdown. He needs the feud with Edge, I know the fans are dying for it after what happened between the two.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Yeah, Kennedy on RAW really doesn't make too much sense at this point in time. Chris Masters on SmackDown! isn't too bad, but I can see him being shifted around yet again.

I personally think there are some changes the WWE should make that they are yet to, that being the positions of Carlito and Kevin Thorn. Both guys have potential to climb the rosters, but neither guy is on the right brand to do so. Carlito should be on either ECW or SmackDown! (the former is probably preferable), whereas Thorn seems like a good fit for RAW, to me.

I think we should also see Jeff Hardy jump to SmackDown!, Jillian Hall to RAW, Finlay to RAW, The Highlanders to SmackDown!, and maybe even Cryme Tyme to ECW. Apparently in a recent WWE.com poll, the casual fans were pretty keen on seeing Jamie Noble jump to ECW. I wouldn't go that far, but maybe moving a cruiserweight could be a good move. Maybe Little Guido to ECW, that way Trinity can jump over with him, and compete in the women's division.

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 12:50 AM
I mean I think most of the guys being moved on Wed. will be the guys who aren't used often, but they will just throw in one big name just to say "hey, anything can happen."

And that's why I think Kennedy will be moved back to Smackdown.

Although all of this will be overshadowed by Mr. McMahon's unfortunate death.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I mean I think most of the guys being moved on Wed. will be the guys who aren't used often, but they will just throw in one big name just to say "hey, anything can happen."

And that's why I think Kennedy will be moved back to Smackdown.

Although all of this will be overshadowed by Mr. McMahon's <s>unfortunate</s> death.

I agree with everything you said. :y:

This is probably where they will move the guys they usually include in trades and shit.

The Naitch
06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
read the results. Nothing too shocking since Cena's jump to RAW a few years ago

what a huge let down

Flair on SD! Could be interesting

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Oh yeah, The Great Khali should not be polluting SmackDown!. He shouldn't really be anywhere, though.

Flair on SmackDown! could indeed be good. I expect him to get into a feud with MVP, but he really could be doing a lot more stuff than that. A manager role would be fucking sweet. The idea of him managing Chavo Guerrero, Batista, Paul London, Brian Kendrick or even Jamie Noble makes me slightly aroused.

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Well really Kennedy's jump is shocking especially considering they've got Orton, Booker, Cena, Lashley, and then DX when they return. And you know Hunter will turn heel before the year is over.

And over on Smackdown? Edge, Batista, ummmm Khali, Matt Hardy, Kane, Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio. They already rushed Edge/Batista, Kane is still rumored to take time off, Henry is a walking injury, and Mysterio showed that he isn't Main event worthy.

That leaves Hardy and Edge, it's an easy and entertaining feud to do, I don't see it being more than a short 2-3 month feud. If Kennedy was still on Smackdown, they could at least slowly build to a match between the two for Survivor Series.

Now on Raw Kennedy will just be another victim to the STFU or Pedigree.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-12-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm more interested in ECW in all of this. Assuming WWE doesn't do something stupid, like put Batista or Cena on ECW, ECW is in an interesting posistion. Mainly, right now there is no big name protected star on ECW. Their biggest star is Benoit.

Without the usual suspects in the main event scene, we might finally see new main eventers being made.

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm more interested in ECW in all of this. Assuming WWE doesn't do something stupid, like put Batista or Cena on ECW, ECW is in an interesting posistion. Mainly, right now there is no big name protected star on ECW. Their biggest star is Benoit.

Without the usual suspects in the main event scene, we might finally see new main eventers being made.

Ehhh unfortunately since not a lot of fans watch ECW, it's not going to make that much of a difference with their main eventers. I mean when Lashley got moved to ECW, he was already established. Benoit is already established too, but at this point in his career it's a moot point.

Right now they need to focus on Punk and Burke with Benoit being a ring general so to speak and help Burke and Punk refine any rough edges they still have.

Let Boogeyman and Cor Von feud, yes the matches will suck, but the hilarity level will be off the charts.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 01:16 AM

A main event scene consisting of Chris Benoit, CM Punk, Elijah Burke and Marcus Cor Von, and the prospect of the matches Benoit could have in ECW, makes me hard.

darkpower
06-12-2007, 02:17 AM
So...now the WWE has THREE brands, one in which they want to drag into the ground (ECW), and SD STILL loses potential main eventers? Where the fuck did any of the sense that was LEFT in the WWE writers go? This is the second week in a ROW that they decided to just throw together something that really didn't make any sense at ALL.

I can see Kennedy go back, though. That is making WAY too little of sense even for them. I think they're big pick (RAW's) will be Lashley, and let Coach pull a Kurt Angle (remember when Angle was the SD GM and traded Triple H back to RAW to get three people from RAW?) and trade Kennedy for three lower card SD people. Or have this Wednesday shit do the job, but just please, let that Edge/Kennedy thing materialize more.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Just because I have nothing better to do at present, I'm going to go over the rosters, and talk about which guys I think are better suited to move to another brand, that haven't done so already.

From RAW:

* Carlito to ECW
* Charlie Haas to SmackDown!
* Jeff Hardy to SmackDown!
* Shelton Benjamin to SmackDown!
* Super Crazy to SmackDown!
* Val Venis to SmackDown!

If ECW is going to have a tournament to crown a new ECW World Champion, they're going to need talent. Carlito is a heel that can actually reach main event level in ECW. I get the feeling his brother is going to debut with the SmackDown! brand, so sticking Carlito in ECW lets them travel together. 'Lito is going nowhere on RAW, so moving him to ECW is the logical option.

Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin going to RAW is just a personal bias of mine, but seeing as it is the wrestling show, and they are great wrestlers, I think this would be a logical move. Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch are the top heels on RAW, with Kenny Dykstra and Johnny Nitro following them. Plus you have Mikey and Nicky in OVW who can be called up to assist there. On SmackDown!, The World's Greatest Tag Team can help teams like London & Kendrick and The Major Brothers stay busy while they aren't challenging for the WWE Tag Team Championship.

Jeff Hardy going to SmackDown! just makes sense. The kid is a cruiserweight, so logically he should be on the brand with the Cruiserweight Title. His brother travels with that brand, and there is no real convincing reason to move Matt, he's been having great matches with the SmackDown! roster. Jeff Hardy removes some of the clutter on RAW, and with he and Matt on SmackDown!, that evens the face-heel team ratio out at 3-3.

Super Crazy is another cruiserweight who should just be going for the Cruiserweight Championship. Have him work some matches with Little Guido, again. Those are always fun. SmackDown! has a large hispanic fanbase, so Super Crazy helps play to that. Chavo Guerrero should logically be elevated when Rey Mysterio returns, so taking him out of the division leaves kind of a power vacuum for some cruisers to fill.

Val Venis heading to SmackDown! is another personal one, but Val would be much better suited to wrestling on the wrestling brand. I see him being a face answer to Finlay. He can take Chris Benoit's place on the roster. Michael Hayes just knows how to use wrestlers better than the RAW writers. Venis is also still recognised south of the border for his tours there as Steel, so while he won't boost ratings or anything, he provides another guy some hispanic viewers might be able to appreciate more than they would someone else.

From SmackDown!:

* Batista to RAW
* Jillian Hall to RAW

Batista has always been an entertainment-based Superstar, not a wrestling one. He has no business being on the wrestling show now. All he is doing is boring us to death against Edge. By moving back to RAW, he also lends them some star power for that multi-man main event match at Vengeance, rounding it out at six. It doesn't have much build, but just put them in an Elimination Chamber, or something. Batista is no longer needed to remain separate from John Cena, either. The heat the two had around WrestleMania 21 has died down considerably.

Jillian Hall is one of the best female talents in the WWE, in all areas, so moving her to RAW is a no-brainer. She could very easily provide a top heel for the women's division, right up there with Melina and Victoria. That would make the division entertaining again, so I doubt that will happen.

From ECW:

* Brett Major to SmackDown!
* Brian Major to SmackDown!
* Hardcore Holly to RAW
* Kevin Thorn to RAW
* Little Guido to SmackDown!
* Trinity to RAW

I doubt plans to reintroduce the ECW Tag Team Championship will pan out, so moving The Major Brothers to SmackDown! is an easy move. They can both fly, and they can work some fun matches with the heel tag teams there. A feud with The Blue Bloods will do wonders for them.

Hardcore Holly hasn't actually been on RAW yet, if my memory serves me correctly, so I'd send him there. He can work some squashes on Heat to keep his heat up, and can then feud with Santino Marella, or something. If they choose to use him as a face, he has Johnny Nitro and Kenny Dykstra.

Kevin Thorn needs to move to keep his head above water, in my opinion. The character has always been better suited to RAW, and he can be a great mid-card heel there. Will he end up stuck on Heat? Perhaps, but my guess is he will get the occasion chance to work a multi-man main event of RAW from time to time, as he is a proven player in ECW.

Little Guido going to SmackDown! is easy: Smackers has the cruiserweight division. Likewise, Trinity goes to RAW helps out the women's division. It's a shame Nunzio has to be split up from his tits and ass, but that's the way things go sometimes. As Little Guido, he might actually get a solid run with the Cruiserweight Title on SmackDown!, rather than being a placeholder for the belt. Trinity is one of the more capable woman workers the WWE has available to them.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Mr. Kennedy and The Great Khali should be traded, as well.

Rammsteinmad
06-12-2007, 07:08 AM
I have mixed feelings about Benoit on ECW. Smackdown has always been my favourite brand for some unknown reason, and Benoit being there was the icing on the cake. Now Benoit being on the C Brand has left me feeling empty inside.

However, I'm pretty confident he'll get at least one title run on ECW, and will finally give that mockery of a belt SOME credibility.

Evil Vito
06-12-2007, 07:25 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm guessing some re-switchings will happen.

However, the majority of the supplemental draft will probably be leaked ahead of time. If, say, Punk is drafted to Smackdown on Wednesday, he'll be competing on Smackdown in tonight's tapings and the whole world will know.

I'm thinking ECW might land a main eventer. For some reason I think it might be Orton...either him or getting Lashley back. Also, I want them to switch Jeff Hardy to Smackdown so that the Hardyz can stop teaming despite being on different shows, making the draft look meaningless.</font>

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Nah, I don't think anyone who is being moved to Smackdown on Wed. will wrestle at the tapings tonight. Likewise anyone moviing from Smackdown on Wed. will still probably wrestle at the tapings but JBL and Cole will mention that they are fulfilling their final contract obligation to Smackdown.

The Optimist
06-12-2007, 08:14 AM
As much as I don't want to disagree with one of Alienoid's grand schemes, the midcard division is basically where I get 87.9% of my enjoyment from Raw these days. Maybe save a few of those guys so I don't just skip on Mondays?

Theo Dious
06-12-2007, 08:37 AM
What's your thoughts on the draft?

I'm just glad nobody I give a damn about ended up on ECW.

I know the fans are dying for it after what happened between the two.

Given what happened to Mr. McMahon, I'd say that is a terribly insensitive thing to say. :nono: .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ....................................................... :shifty:

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm just glad nobody I give a damn about ended up on ECW.

Given what happened to Mr. McMahon, I'd say that is a terribly insensitive thing to say. :nono:

Well I just didn't want to see the potential feud go up in flames.

Theo Dious
06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Well I just didn't want to see the potential feud go up in flames.

You're gonna get a lot of heat with talk like that. :shifty:

Kane Knight
06-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah, Kennedy on RAW really doesn't make too much sense at this point in time.

Plus, it looked like they were booking him for a face/tweener return against Edge for the title which he won with Kennedy's shot.

Benoit on ECW pains me, because I really hate weatching ECW, but I really love Benoit.

06-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Smackdown really did get butt-fucked by the draft. That being said...

It's not all that surprising. The Smackdown roster was 'stacked.' Benoit to ECW was great, and Booker to RAW gives them another heel to feed to Cena. Smackdown is going to be fine. We've heard that Edge is getting a big title run, and while it sucks up-front that Kennedy went to RAW, he'll have a chance to get over with the fans there as well. Khali to Smackdown is one that I just don't understand, though.

Masters to Smackdown makes sense, as it adds someone to the U.S. title picture, which has been getting stale before Benoit/MVP. RAW is better, ECW is better, Smackdown is not better (However, don't forget about Mysterio and Taker), but the talent has been spread out a bit. It's not like a wrestler can't EVER switch again if they need to...people act like this is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT and they've BROKEN IT.

*shrug* Who killed Mr. McMahon could be interesting. Somewhere deep inside me I hope it would be Bret, but it'll never happen. :P

Chill, puppies. :y:

Kane Knight
06-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Smackdown didn't get butt-fucked. They're still going to have half of Raw and a couple ECW guys on there every night.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Smackdown really did get butt-fucked by the draft. That being said...

It's not all that surprising. The Smackdown roster was 'stacked.' Benoit to ECW was great, and Booker to RAW gives them another heel to feed to Cena. Smackdown is going to be fine. We've heard that Edge is getting a big title run, and while it sucks up-front that Kennedy went to RAW, he'll have a chance to get over with the fans there as well. Khali to Smackdown is one that I just don't understand, though.

Masters to Smackdown makes sense, as it adds someone to the U.S. title picture, which has been getting stale before Benoit/MVP. RAW is better, ECW is better, Smackdown is not better (However, don't forget about Mysterio and Taker), but the talent has been spread out a bit. It's not like a wrestler can't EVER switch again if they need to...people act like this is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT and they've BROKEN IT.

*shrug* Who killed Mr. McMahon could be interesting. Somewhere deep inside me I hope it would be Bret, but it'll never happen. :P

Chill, puppies. :y:

I still maintain that it could have been Harry Smith, TJ Wilson and Nattie Neidhart, working under Bret as the New Hart Foundation.

I'm actually thinking Booker could win the WWE Championship at Vengeance. I don't want to get too hopeful, or anything, but the event is in Houston, and the WWE is pretty keen on the whole King gimmick. And even if they don't decide to bring him back as a King, can you imagine the pop he would get if he just cut the King crap and came out as Booker T to the old <s>Harlem</s> Houston Heat music? I'm not sure how smarky Houston is, but I can see them being behind Booker, and the WWE actually going with the hometown hero for once.

One of the better things about Chris Masters being on SmackDown! is that he has better workers to match-up with. Masters is willing to learn, and someone like Finlay would be willing to teach him (one way or another). I think we'll see Young Christopher improve leaps and bounds on SmackDown!. Plus he has cruiserweights to bounce around like shit for him. I'd personally turn him face now that he's gone to SmackDown!. The guy has been around for a few years now as "The Masterpiece." A face turn could help freshen him up. It's not like the blue brand needs more heels, anyway.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Plus, it looked like they were booking him for a face/tweener return against Edge for the title which he won with Kennedy's shot.

Benoit on ECW pains me, because I really hate weatching ECW, but I really love Benoit.

:y: You are dead-on with the Kennedy thing. I guess it's good that the WWE is realising that they fuck things up, but now they're just not going to even bother trying.

I know you don't like CM Punk, but you should maybe give ECW another chance in the near future. Chris Benoit will hopefully help the guys there improve. Elijah Burke is a great young talent.

St. Jimmy
06-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure things are gonna stay as they are now. ECW got a nice push, and RAW is definitely the best wrestling show on television now. The only thing they're missing IMO, is Edge. The WWE title scene is definitely going to liven up, because you have all these different guys who can bring a match out of Cena. Not to mention that when Trips and Shawn come back, they'll have someone to work with. Kennedy vs. Trips gives me that tingle of an Austin/Trips fued. Cena vs. Lashley is going to happen, and no one will care. Unless it's used as a pilot for a Cena heel turn, it'll just lead eventually to a battle of the forced babyfaces.

Avenger
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I thought Kennedy was injured for like 5 months? I think they'll make him GM or some shit I dunno. Wrestling is fake.

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I like Raw being stacked. It gives me the slightest refaith in God that someone will take the title off of Cena.

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah because who needs strength on the other shows when all of your main guys is on one show while Edge, probably the best overall worker in the company right now, is stuck with Khali and Mizark.

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 01:30 PM
I call in people will still complain that Smackdown sucks because of lack of true main eventers, people will still complain about ECW because it's not the original, and people will complain about Raw sucking because Cena and Triple H is always in the spotlight.

Mooияakeя™
06-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I like Raw being stacked. It gives me the slightest refaith in God that someone will take the title off of Cena.

You and me both. It needs to be fucking surgically removed from that girl-popping mother fucker.

Just had a thought. With Ric Flair being on SD, some of those poor fuckers are gonna get their chests slapped to fuck.... yeah, WWE didn't advertise that when they said "no one is safe".

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Well they are at least (on paper) making an effort at changing things. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. Basically people will bitch no matter what WWE does (usually me included), but I'm at least interested again and right now for me that's a good start.

Reality is that no matter how much anyone wants Smackdown or ECW to be great...WWE will not allow either show to upstage Raw. It's simple and I don't know why some people are shocked at Smackdown getting gutted.

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah because who needs strength on the other shows when all of your main guys is on one show while Edge, probably the best overall worker in the company right now, is stuck with Khali and Mizark.

ECW finally is in a position where someone new will get to carry the ball. That is a HUGE improvement IMO. Smackdown still has potential for Edge on his roster. Hopefully Batista and Henry will be stuck in fueds with Khali which leaves the opportunity for someone new (like Hardy or MVP) to step into the title picture with Edge. How is that a bad thing? Smackdown still will have Rey and Undertaker returning from injury and it's not like people aren't gonna be jumping from Brand to Brand.

The Show Off
06-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I am perplexed at the ECW roster, it just went from Squat to Diddley Squat.

KingofOldSchool
06-12-2007, 03:41 PM
ECW finally is in a position where someone new will get to carry the ball. That is a HUGE improvement IMO. Smackdown still has potential for Edge on his roster. Hopefully Batista and Henry will be stuck in fueds with Khali which leaves the opportunity for someone new (like Hardy or MVP) to step into the title picture with Edge. How is that a bad thing? Smackdown still will have Rey and Undertaker returning from injury and it's not like people aren't gonna be jumping from Brand to Brand.

1. MVP is not even close to being ready for a main event feud.

2. Like I said, a Hardy/Edge feud would only be good for a 2-3 month feud.

You fail to see the point.

Edge only has Hardy to work with after his feud withs Batista is over. Raw has Cena, Lashley, HHH, HBK, Orton, Booker, and Kennedy.

How is that a good thing when now every PPV is going to be multi-branded and you know they are going to have to book all of those Raw guys on each of the PPVs. How does it look when you've got all of that star power on representing Raw at every PPV and on Smackdown you've got Edge, Matt Hardy, and Batista? It's pretty damn lopsided.

If ANYTHING if they are really serious about pushing Kennedy, he NEEDS to be on Smackdown. He will absolutely get lost in the shuffle on Raw and all of the Kennedy fan boys on here will bitch in moan every Monday night because of it.

Because face it, Kennedy is NOT an established main eventer yet. And being put on a show with Cena, Lashley, AND Triple H does not help him in the least. And you know Hunter will turn heel before the end of the year and you know he will be pushed as the top heel while Orton will be locked as #2 heel. So Kennedy would be the #3 heel on Raw, if that because they could very well turn Lashley or Cena heel.

Destor
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Rey could easily headline with Edge after a Herdy fued for several monthes until they can get someone else lined up.

darkpower
06-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Well they are at least (on paper) making an effort at changing things. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. Basically people will bitch no matter what WWE does (usually me included), but I'm at least interested again and right now for me that's a good start.

Reality is that no matter how much anyone wants Smackdown or ECW to be great...WWE will not allow either show to upstage Raw. It's simple and I don't know why some people are shocked at Smackdown getting gutted.

So why did ECW get Benoit, then? They got a gold mine in him. If the WWE isn't allowing ECW to "upstage" RAW, either, why in the hell did they give them BENOIT?

Destor
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
I am perplexed at the ECW roster, it just went from Squat to Diddley Squat.I have to disagree. I think the potential for quality thoughout has amplified. Most of the garbage has been removed and the potential for their midcard to move up has been amplified x 1,000.

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
So why did ECW get Benoit, then? They got a gold mine in him. If the WWE isn't allowing ECW to "upstage" RAW, either, why in the hell did they give them BENOIT?

Who knows? Clearly they don't see a use for him on the #1 or #2 brands though. It's been that way for a while and is a damn shame. Newz reports have stated that internally they don't think he's a main eventer because of his poor mic skills. (Well, at least Hayes has been quoted as feeling that or something.)

Who really knows what they even have planned for him in ECW though. Only time will tell.

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
1. MVP is not even close to being ready for a main event feud.

2. Like I said, a Hardy/Edge feud would only be good for a 2-3 month feud.

You fail to see the point.

Edge only has Hardy to work with after his feud withs Batista is over. Raw has Cena, Lashley, HHH, HBK, Orton, Booker, and Kennedy.

I see your point. I guess this is just where we just differ in opinion. I think with Rey and Undertaker returning from injury later, those are two gimme interesting and entertaining feuds. Although MVP may not be ready now, it's still Smackdown so that is the place to get him ready for a main event feud. Honestly, let's face it. It's not really a "main event feud" until it's a "RAW" main event feud. Whether or not you love watching Smackdown or not, it's basically the farm team compared to the major's being Raw.

I'd rather watch MVP right now than Batista, so who knows? You can get some good matches out of Finlay/Edge, Flair/Edge, JWY/Edge, Chavo/Edge, etc. Depends on your taste I guess. Yes, Smackdown lost some star power, but if they use what they have, the work rates to the matches could be pretty good. I'm still disappointed Benoit didn't get to feud with Edge though. That match Friday was pretty damn good.

How is that a good thing when now every PPV is going to be multi-branded and you know they are going to have to book all of those Raw guys on each of the PPVs. How does it look when you've got all of that star power on representing Raw at every PPV and on Smackdown you've got Edge, Matt Hardy, and Batista? It's pretty damn lopsided.

It's not like it's only gonna happen now because Smackdown is so thin. According to reports, this was WWE's intention all along for the future of it's PPV's, so it doesn't really matter.

If ANYTHING if they are really serious about pushing Kennedy, he NEEDS to be on Smackdown. He will absolutely get lost in the shuffle on Raw and all of the Kennedy fan boys on here will bitch in moan every Monday night because of it.

Because face it, Kennedy is NOT an established main eventer yet. And being put on a show with Cena, Lashley, AND Triple H does not help him in the least. And you know Hunter will turn heel before the end of the year and you know he will be pushed as the top heel while Orton will be locked as #2 heel. So Kennedy would be the #3 heel on Raw, if that because they could very well turn Lashley or Cena heel.

I agree with this 100%. I don't know why they'd pull him away from a natural fued with Edge when he returns either. Kind of makes Kennedy look like a bitch IMO too not trying to get revenge on the guy that took his headlining spot at Wrestlemania. Especially the way it went down.

Of course, with the cross brand matches happening anyway on PPV's...it could still happen.

I just like how things are shaken up right now. WWE has been damn stagnent IMO for a LONG TIME NOW and I'm actually really interested in all 3 brands getting a new start. So Smackdown is thin. This is the perfect oportunity to bring along some other guys and make them stars. Same with ECW.

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I have to disagree. I think the potential for quality thoughout has amplified. Most of the garbage has been removed and the potential for their midcard to move up has been amplified x 1,000.

:yes:

The Show Off
06-13-2007, 12:24 AM
I have to disagree. I think the potential for quality thoughout has amplified. Most of the garbage has been removed and the potential for their midcard to move up has been amplified x 1,000.

True but in the short run ECW lost (for better or worse) it's champion and number one draw, the monster heel they've been building in Snitsky, and the face of their brand in Rob Van Dam.

All they got back was The Boogeyman who is basically a gimmick time filler to fatten out a 2 hour show, something ECW doesn't need, and Chris Benoit. I love Chris Benoit, he's probably one of the best workers on earth, but losing three top names for Benoit isn't a fair trade.

Unless Benoit holds the title for six months and starts putting the young guys over with his performance the whole time, this move is doomed. And 6 months isn't enough time to legitimatly give CM Punk, Cor Von, or Burke the title, all of which I think are the future of wrestling. They just aren't legit yet, and a win over Benoit won't make them legit enough.

The matches should be good and all but the ECW will not hold an credibility, but then again it hasn't had credibility since Rhino held it in 2001 so what's the diffrence.

Mooияakeя™
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
ALL this stuff about no peopel for Edge to feud with and your missing two things.

William Regal :shifty: and the fact "Bats ALWAYS get his title shotz!!!1111"