PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Cena will drop the title at Vengeance?

D Mac
06-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Just wondering. This is not an elimination match is it? If not he doesn't have to get pinned to lose the title.

IC Champion
06-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Everyone knows Foley's gonna win, Hes the biggest draw in the match.

SammyG
06-20-2007, 02:24 AM
No chance in hell Cena loses.

D Mac
06-20-2007, 02:28 AM
If anyone wins it it might be Orton, only to drop it to HHH.

Mercury Bullet
06-20-2007, 02:34 AM
If anyone wins it it might be Orton, only to drop it to HHH.

I could see that happening. But I really don't think Cena is dropping it. Ever.

IC Champion
06-20-2007, 02:37 AM
I would rather HHH, if someone's gonna the due the same unstoppable routine every night, I would prefer a heel, and since Cena doesnt look like he's ever gonna be a heel, HHH is the next best thing I guess.

El Fangel
06-20-2007, 03:03 AM

Londoner
06-20-2007, 03:43 AM

Agreed. I gave up that hope ages ago.

Schoenauer
06-20-2007, 03:56 AM
DING! Reality! No chance in hell of Cena dropping, even though it'd be nice.

Impeccable
06-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Short answer is no.

The long answer is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Mr. Nerfect
06-20-2007, 06:22 AM
I hope they aren't foolish enough to deny the King in his hometown of Houston, Texas. ALL HAIL!

Seriously, though, this is the first time in ages that John Cena has actually stood a chance at losing the belt. Randy Orton is on a roll, they have an equal hard-on for Bobby Lashley, King Booker is just back and Mick Foley is the only face people actually care about in the match. Well, I don't give much chance to Mick Foley, but I think the other four are in with a shot. Yes, even King Booker.

Hopefully John Cena loses, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

owenbrown
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Cena?

Lose the title this Sunday?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Xero
06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Cena?

Lose the title this century?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Arnold HamNegger
06-20-2007, 11:05 AM
No. Absolutely no chance. During ECW last night, there was a promo (maybe it was Styles) that hyped Vengeance and said something like "The most insurmountable odds that Cena has ever faced."

That right there is WWE foreshadowing at it's worst.

Xero
06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I would love it if Cena lost the title clean to someone who really wasn't a threat, someone like Jeff Hardy or some shit. Just to throw everyone off.

Mr. Nerfect
06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I would love it if Cena lost the title clean to someone who really wasn't a threat, someone like Jeff Hardy or some shit. Just to throw everyone off.

That would actually be a really good way to turn Cena heel. He underestimates an opponent, and then reveals himself to be an arrogant cocksucker when he loses.

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I would love it if Cena lost the title clean... Jeff Hardy...

Someone get Shadow a towel.

I think Cena MIGHT lose the title though. They haven't been hyping up the "insurmoutable odds" thing as much as they could. In fact I've only heard it mentioned once on ECW (so it's not like anyone heard it anyway).

If Orton had gotten the pinfall over Cena on Raw I would say there is no chance at all...

I can see Orton and Lashley both having a SHOT at winning. Odds are Cena will win but I don't think it's a lock.

Evil Vito
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Honestly, WWE are really shooting themselves in the foot if they allow Cena to retain yet again. Cause then if he ever loses the belt, it'll be completely unrealistic and whoever wins wouldn't seem to be very credible.

I honestly think he might lose it. Orton or Lashley will pin someone other than Cena, and then have a one-on-one feud against Cena later on for the belt.</font>

Stickman
06-20-2007, 01:28 PM
If he retains or loses nobody cares.

Mercury Bullet
06-20-2007, 01:30 PM

That pretty much sums it up. Well said.

IC Champion
06-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I would care if Mick Foley won it, I would mark the fuck out.

Mercury Bullet
06-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeh but that has about a 0.02% chance of happening. I think the only circumstances under which that would happen are if Cena, Orton, Booker, and Lashely all died in the ring during the match.

Xero
06-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Not true.

Alienoid would care if Val Venis won it.

IC Champion
06-20-2007, 01:37 PM
FOLEY FOLEY FOLEY

Mercury Bullet
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Alienoid would care if Val Venis won it.

Ah damn, that's true. I had let that slip my mind.

Savio
06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
I hope he loses but :/ I don't see it happening.

Xero
06-20-2007, 02:44 PM
You know, I have to be honest. I've become so accustom to Cena as champion that I don't even ponder if he's going to lose the title anymore. I just assume he's going to win. Which I suppose is good because I'll be surprised when he does lose the title.

Stickman
06-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Foley won't win.

FourFifty
06-20-2007, 03:03 PM
DING! Reality! No chance in hell of Cena dropping, even though it'd be nice.

Theo Dious
06-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Id break it down as such:

Cena: 85% chance of winning

The other 15% is then broken down as such among the other 4 (this assumes a situation arises where Cena turns his back on the company and a new champion must be found)

Lashley: 45%
Orton: 32%
Booker: 21%
Foley: 2%

PepperCarrotMan
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I bet Cena somehow manages to put the STFU on Orton, Booker and foley at the same time to have all three tap out to the octopus like champion.

Meanwhile Lashley watches and salutes Cena for a job well done and they shake hands over the fallen Orton/Booker/Foley.

Then they hug.

NoRoolz
06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Cena wins, again.

Theo Dious
06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Meanwhile Lashley watches and salutes Cena for a job well done and they shake hands over the fallen Orton/Booker/Foley.

Then Cena slaps the STFU on Lashley.

PepperCarrotMan
06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
BUT BAH GAWD LASHLEY PASSES OUT FROM DA PAIN AND DOES NOT TAP!

MUTUAL RESPECT! NEW TAG TEAM : THE MARINEZ!

thedamndest
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Ancient Mayan legend has it that 10000 years ago there was a man who was once champion before Cena.

Cena wins. The other guys are being built up, but none is title ready yet and a loss in a 5 way match doesn't ruin anyone's cred. Booker won't lose because it's in Houston, Lashley is a face, and they're building up Orton for HHH's return. Cena can't beat himself (if he did the title would implode) so I'm looking at a pin on Foley.

JT
06-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I would rather HHH, if someone's gonna the due the same unstoppable routine every night, I would prefer a heel, and since Cena doesnt look like he's ever gonna be a heel, HHH is the next best thing I guess.

The problem there too is the best thing for Cena right now is a heel run. He does know how to be a good heel, and it's known that some of the biggest wrestlers get their best face runs just after a very entertain run as heel (The Rock, Stone Cold, Eddie Gurrerro, Mick Foley).

JT
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
The sad thing is I don't realy care much about Cena retaining the belt anymore as much as I want to see the end of the Spinner Belt already. Also, while other people have made the change of heart...I still never want to see a HHH title reign again (even if I do realize it will happen).

Destor
06-20-2007, 04:14 PM
My money is on Lashley

PepperCarrotMan
06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
My money is on Lashley

I'd mark out for BATHTURD.

JT
06-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh...funny thing is my friend thinks Foley is going to win.

Funnier is his name is Mark.

Mr. Nerfect
06-21-2007, 06:45 AM
I still think King Booker has a shot at winning. The show is in his hometown of Houston, so the fans should be pretty into him, one way or another. As thedamndest pointed out, Mick Foley is really the only who is likely to be taking the pin. This means that a heel has the best shot at winning (Bobby Lashley or John Cena going over Foley might even make the fucking marks turn on them), looking from the "who won't win" standpoint. As Randy Orton got the pin on RAW, I think that kind of gives him enough heat to go forward without the Championship.

I'm not game enough to pick him in Tipsters, but King Booker winning, at least in my opinion, is a possibility a lot are overlooking.

Mr. Nerfect
06-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Also going for King Booker, is his move to RAW. Why do you think Booker was moved? It's not because the WWE isn't happy with him. I think the reason Booker was moved was because they want strong heels to job to Triple H, true, but he was also the MVP of SmackDown! to some last year, as Edge was to RAW. I wouldn't put it past the WWE to see Booker and Edge as kind of parallels, like John Cena and Batista were circa 2005 (and some may argue still are).

Of course, Randy Orton is getting the strong heel push on RAW, but I don't think they are ready to put the WWE Title on his ass yet. He has been entertaining as fuck recently, but that is because he is in hot water. I think the moment Orton wins the Championship, out goes his willingness to please. King Booker coming over to RAW could be an unofficial swap for Edge. With Edge as World Heavyweight Champion, and the WWE loving to have a sort of symmetry between the brands, there's another point for Booker becoming Champion.

I mean, the only real thing going against Booker is who he is. I mean, the WWE did turn him into a joke for a while. But then the guy became a joke character when he won the King of the Ring, and it sort of gave the WWE an outlet. The new identity worked surprisingly well for Booker, came off like a WWE creation, and they no longer felt the need to make Booker look so ridiculous while he was obviously meant to be. He then won the World Heavyweight Championship, which I think broke the ceiling over Booker's head. Oh, the event is also in his hometown, and we all know how the WWE treats their wrestlers there.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but yeah. My preference for winner is definitely King Booker.

Theo Dious
06-21-2007, 09:13 AM
The other guys are being built up, but none is title ready yet

The really sad part is that they're all former champions. :nono:

Evil Vito
06-21-2007, 09:24 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Personally, I see Mick Foley being taken out of the match one way or another. Like, in mid-way, Umaga will come out (frustrated over a loss to Santino Marella earlier) and assault Foley, leaving it as a fatal 4 way. (5 is kind of an awkward number of match participants anyway)

Out of the 4 left, the one most likely to take the fall is probably King Booker. I can see Orton giving him the RKO and the pin to win the belt (which would elicit heel reactions in Booker's hometown)

and then, of course, Cena will feud with Orton because Orton never proved that he can pin Cena. Orton actually stands a chance at winning that feud if Triple H decides that he wants his eventual Summerslam feud with Orton to be for the title.

As for Cena, if say, Lashley or someone was to win the belt by pinning Booker or Orton...I'd love to see Cena go bitter and turn heel. Fat chance of it happening, but it's a nice thought.</font>

The Naitch
06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Cena is holding it until SummerSlam where he will drop it to The King of Kings: Jabba

ALL HAIL KING JABBA

Tommy Gunn
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Cena is being pushed to the moon so that Triple H can beat him and get instant momentum when he returns.

I think 2007 will end with the Game as champion.

The best thing to happen to WWE would be if John Cena got injured, if only for a couple of months. Obviously I don't wish a serious injury on him, but the guy can't keep going forever, it's unheard of.

DAMN iNATOR
06-21-2007, 02:19 PM
but he was also the MVP of SmackDown!

No, this was the MVPof SmackDown! last year, and, so far, this year:
http://www.wrestlebank.com/upload/adminprofilebook/mvp.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Montel_Vontavious_Porter.jpg)
BIYATCH!

Destor
06-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Foley wont get pined. Orton will take him out beofre the match is over. Booker will job to either Cena or Lashley.

My official prediction is Lashley though.

Anybody Thrilla
06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Cena might drop the title on the way to the ring, but he'll promptly pick it up and go on to defend it successfully.

Tazz Dan
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, Cena's got the win.

On a side note on Foley, I was watching my WM23 dvd extras (Stone Cold announced as special guest referree) before Raw the other day, and was thinking, Fuck Mick's let himself go.

Then when he came out on Raw he was like half the size. He's defiently put some work in for his comeback.

That's all.

Lux
06-21-2007, 11:58 PM
I want to vote yes but know he won't, fuck we need a better champ then cena, i've been sick of it for so long i'm immune now, fuck cena

CSL
06-22-2007, 12:02 AM
<font color=white>Orton is the only one who stands a chance of winning it but it's still not gonna happen. I think we'll see Cena retain and Orton & Lashley go into a program. Which will be meh.</font>

CSL
06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
<font color=white>And he'll pin Booker btw.</font>

The One
06-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Cena doesn't job on Sundays.

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Cena doesn't job on Sundays.

Londoner
06-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Cena doesn't job.

Fixed.

The Fugitive
06-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeh but that has about a 0.02% chance of happening. I think the only circumstances under which that would happen are if Cena, Orton, Booker, and Lashely all died in the ring during the match.

I'm fairly sure if Cena died in the ring, his opponent would be told to lay down and roll Cena's corpse on top of him.

Xerzes
06-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Also going for King Booker, is his move to RAW. Why do you think Booker was moved?

To job to Triple H before and/or after Orton does.

RVDmark
06-24-2007, 08:22 PM
I think cena will drop the title, then bend over an pick it up again, thats as close as we'll get. Unless Foley wins, then Foley killed Vince.