PDA

View Full Version : What is Rey gonna do when he comes back?

Jordan
06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
The only thing that makes sense to me is Rey v.s Umaga, but hes on Smackdown! So what are they gonna do?

FourFifty
06-21-2007, 04:27 PM
They're going to feed him to Cena.

Xero
06-21-2007, 04:27 PM
He's going to be Mini Mini Boogen.

Stickman
06-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Job

Jordan
06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I really don't buy him as a main eventer.

Kane Knight
06-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Sadly, what we buy matters little.

Jordan
06-21-2007, 04:51 PM
And what the hell were they thinking giving him the HEAVYWEIGHT title? No consistantsy at all.

Kane Knight
06-21-2007, 04:56 PM
To be fair, he's not the lightest man to ever wear the strap. There was that monkey who held it for a month after Vince Saw Outbreak.

IC Champion
06-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Rey sucks and isnt even one of the better luchidores around, and hasn't been since his time in WCW. I never understood why people liked him so much when he came to the WWE in the first place. Rey was also the worst champion I can think of in the last 5 years right off the top of my head, easily.

Jordan
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
His feud with Eddie could have been good if he wasn't an ass suckubus.

Super V
06-21-2007, 05:55 PM
<b>Rey Mysterio:</b>*dedicates this thread about me not being a credible main eventer to Eddie Guerrero*

Stickman
06-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Rey sucks and isnt even one of the better luchidores around, and hasn't been since his time in WCW. I never understood why people liked him so much when he came to the WWE in the first place. Rey was also the worst champion I can think of in the last 5 years right off the top of my head, easily.

The One
06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Uh, he could feud with Chavo, the man who, you know, took out his knee forcing him to take this long break...

...just a thought.

But on a side note; Rey sucks. Viva Juvi!

SammyG
06-21-2007, 06:21 PM
DA JUIIICE

DAMN iNATOR
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Hopefully he gets into about a 5-second match with Khali which ends with massive, career-ending, if not life-ending injuries. I never knew what anybody saw in him, and Instant Classic is right, he's the worst champion easily in 5, hell even 10 years probably.

The One
06-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Hopefully he gets into about a 5-second match with Khali which ends with massive, career-ending, if not life-ending injuries. I never knew what anybody saw in him, and Instant Classic is right, he's the worst champion easily in 5, hell even 10 years probably.

Both of McMahon's reigns in the past ten years, not to mention Vince Russo and David Arquette will be do sad to hear they no longer get the nods because a little Mexican, who was at least a wrestler, held the belt.

Though it never looks good when your champ jobs back to back to Henry and Khali...cleanly...:shifty:

The Show Off
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I think an Edge versus Rey Mysterio feud could be good... but that might just be me.

06-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Well, they said McMahon was going to work a program with Rey, but who knows with the BAH GAWD WHO SHOT JR storyline atm.

Then again, 'they' aren't always accurate.

darkpower
06-22-2007, 02:26 AM

Of course, argument is not valid when talking about Cena, Goldberg, or Triple H.

darkpower
06-22-2007, 02:28 AM

Dude...that's just....:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Of course, argument is not valid when talking about Cena, Goldberg, or Triple H.
You tell me how Mysterio's fucking title reign even compares to HHH worst, or even Cena or Goldberg.

He wasnt a believable champ, his moveset was shit, and he has one of the worst finishes, of any main eventer, he also has the charisma of a spoon, posses no mic skills what so ever, I mean shall I continue?

And I dont ever recall Cena, HHH, or Goldberg being pushed, and then having the strap put on him because their friend died. Seriously if you wanna be Rey mark cool, but dont try to justify his shitty excuse for a reign. The greatest thing that ever happened was when he got injured, not becuase I wish harm to him, but it got rid of him.

Oh yea and I wouldnt even care if he was fed to Cena, I almost hope he is.

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Rey wouldn't even make a credible TNA World Champion, hell I wouldn't even put the X-Divison Title on him.

The Show Off
06-22-2007, 02:49 AM

Don't be stupid people don't have credibility after they feud with Cena, Rey Mysterio wouldn't have credability before he feuded with Cena, so it doesn't help to get him over more. It'd be like Superman beating up a crippled boy, after he's done no one his going to think higher of him.

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 02:53 AM
Yea but I wanna watch Cena squash him, it would be enjoyable.

darkpower
06-22-2007, 04:28 AM
You tell me how Mysterio's fucking title reign even compares to HHH worst, or even Cena or Goldberg.

He wasnt a believable champ, his moveset was shit, and he has one of the worst finishes, of any main eventer, he also has the charisma of a spoon, posses no mic skills what so ever, I mean shall I continue?

And I dont ever recall Cena, HHH, or Goldberg being pushed, and then having the strap put on him because their friend died. Seriously if you wanna be Rey mark cool, but dont try to justify his shitty excuse for a reign. The greatest thing that ever happened was when he got injured, not becuase I wish harm to him, but it got rid of him.

We've talked alot about how the WWE "waters down" movesets because of "saftety" and whatnot. We didn't see Paul Birchills C4 move for a while because of it, and we haven't seen a piledriver in ages.

Except for that, you just told us ALL the examples of HOW the WWE mishandled the Rey title run. The buildup was not right (why in memory of Eddie), the way they went about making him up as a crediable champ (or lack thereof). It was just a VERY mismanaged title run. Had little fault on Rey (I think I've mentioned my view on this many times).

Vastardikai
06-22-2007, 04:54 AM
I think Rey should come out and say to remember Eddie, because it has made him a ton of money. Then say the same thing about his mask, about how in the Tradition of Lucha Libre, removing the mask is a major thing, and putting it back on more or less spits on Mexican Culture, then show a picture on the Titantron from WCW, of him without the mask.

He says that he put the mask back on in pursuit of the almight dollar, and he'd do it again. Now, he pulls off the mask. Have the announce team play up how he disrespected Lucha Libre, etc. etc. and treat it as a shocking act.

He can then come down the aisle carrying his mask and then put it on as a heelish act. He's not wearing the mask to hide his identity or to become a larger than life persona: He's wearing it to make money.

It could make him a Mega-Heel, or it could win the Gooker Award one.

darkpower
06-22-2007, 05:05 AM
I have an idea: Have him come out and take off the mask and the WWE use his Filthy Animals-esque persona. Something tells me THAT could play over quite well and if they would want to make him heel, that would be an AWESOME start.

06-22-2007, 06:04 AM
I think they should feed him to Kennedy, personally, but whatever. :y:

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Rey Mysterio feud with Umaga with Rey going over... never found Rey overly interesting and Umaga doesn't interest me at all... but seeing them to feud would be different.

NoRoolz
06-22-2007, 07:49 AM
I like Rey Mysterio, but he's just not credible as a main-eventer, I'd like to see him in the U.S Title scene or just having upper midcard feuds but not necessarily getting titles.

I can't really see how DAMN INATOR says he can't see what people ever saw in him. Whether you like him or not you can't deny has an exciting in-ring style - jumping around the ring at a fast pace performing moves most casual fans haven't seen before is always going to attract people.

Are you telling me you'd rather watch Khali V Mark Henry which would consist of solely 'punches' and shoulder barges than a Mysterio V someone like Paul London or even Chavo where you would at least see some good technical and aerial wrestling?

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Rey's old school ECW/WCW tights and the ones he wore at the second One Night Stand are far better then that baggy shit he wears.

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Fuck man, wrestling is homoerotic enough without you going around wanting Rey in tighter pants. :mad:

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Fuck man, wrestling is homoerotic enough without you going around wanting Rey in tighter pants. :mad:

... I'm not into the whole wrestling is 'homo' thing.

Kane Knight
06-22-2007, 08:39 AM
We've talked alot about how the WWE "waters down" movesets because of "saftety" and whatnot. We didn't see Paul Birchills C4 move for a while because of it, and we haven't seen a piledriver in ages.

Except for that, you just told us ALL the examples of HOW the WWE mishandled the Rey title run. The buildup was not right (why in memory of Eddie), the way they went about making him up as a crediable champ (or lack thereof). It was just a VERY mismanaged title run. Had little fault on Rey (I think I've mentioned my view on this many times).

No Rey title run would be good. And that still doesn't change the fact that Cena's reign > Rey's reign.

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
... I'm not into the whole wrestling is 'homo' thing.

You get two largely unclothed, sweaty men rolling around wrapping their limbs around one another.

I said homoerotic, not gay.

But wanting Rey in tighter pants just SCREAMS gay. So watch it.

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
You get two largely unclothed, sweaty men rolling around wrapping their limbs around one another.

I disagree. I think it has more to do with the nostalgia feel then anything.

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I didn't say it makes you gay to want that.

I just said it may constitute a red flag, is all.

Plus gay people are icky.

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 09:45 AM
To each his own.

As long as they don't bother me or aren't overly flamboyant about it toward me it doesn't effect me in the slightest.

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 09:46 AM
You know what bothers me? When Chris Benoit does a flying headbutt and he's obviously hard. There's a man who needs loose pants.

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
LOL. "Too-shay".

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Nobody messes with Adam We. :D

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Haha, it would seem I am unable to rep you. Though I don't recall repping you in the past. Interesting.

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Conspiracy. :mad:

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 10:16 AM
There. And that's the end of that chapter.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
06-22-2007, 10:22 AM
And what the hell were they thinking giving him the HEAVYWEIGHT title? No consistantsy at all.

OMG thats so sad

Kane Knight
06-22-2007, 10:49 AM

Anything that is masculine is gay. That's why warrior cultures are usually gay. Spartans. FAGS. Fucked little boys, too. Samurai. FAGS. Fucked little boys, too. Wrestling. FAGS. Orlando Jordan. I could go on, but...

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Seriously, I'm gonna have a meltdown if people keep trying to defend Rey and his title reign.

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Anything that is masculine is gay. That's why warrior cultures are usually gay. Spartans. FAGS. Fucked little boys, too. Samurai. FAGS. Fucked little boys, too. Wrestling. FAGS. Orlando Jordan. I could go on, but...

Spartans were the gayest though, at least Samarai had manly looking outfits. If you walked down the street right now dressed like a Spartan warrior, people would assume you were going to a gay bar. If you walked around looking like a Samarai, people would think you were...
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</></>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</></>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
...going to an anime convention, which means you're either gay or a chronic masturbator. Guess you kind of lose in any case.

Theo Dious
06-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Seriously, I'm gonna have a meltdown if people keep trying to defend Rey and his title reign.

Rey never HAD a title reign, we've proven this conclusively here.

Arnold HamNegger
06-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Rey got one hell of a beatdown and was embarrassed by Vince last time he was on TV...............so................

:|

PepperCarrotMan
06-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Rey got one hell of a beatdown and was embarrassed by Vince last time he was on TV...............so................

:|

Rey blew Vince up!

Rey : I did it for Eddie! Eddie made me do it!

Fans : Vomit.

Rey : Booyaka!

Xero
06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Rey: I did it... For Eddie. I did it. For the LIAR!

*LATINOOO HEAAAT*

St. Jimmy
06-22-2007, 03:21 PM
It's called "The Job"

PepperCarrotMan
06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
It's called "The Job"

Theres no way Rey is gonna job when he returns. He will probably get another title reign and hang around the main event. Rey sells.

Amaroqwolf
06-22-2007, 04:33 PM
They'll dress him as a Monkey and make him dance in the ring.....-_-

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Theres no way Rey is gonna job when he returns. He will probably get another title reign and hang around the main event. Rey sells.
Fuck off, no one is buyin PPV's or lining up to get tickets to see a Smackdown show becuase of Rey, fuck you off Rey sells, he Reys a beatdown pretty well, get used to it, because his contract expires in a year or so, and he's gettin old, so he'll be jobbing for the next year or so, it's gonna be great.

darkpower
06-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Fuck off, no one is buyin PPV's or lining up to get tickets to see a Smackdown show becuase of Rey, fuck you off Rey sells, he Reys a beatdown pretty well, get used to it, because his contract expires in a year or so, and he's gettin old, so he'll be jobbing for the next year or so, it's gonna be great.

Reality check here: When he was champ, and I went to the Wheeling show last year, there were a ton of Rey signs and fans when I was standing in the line, and then the cheers for him when he came out were deafening (they didn't edit anything there). So yeah, he DOES sell, or at least he did pre-injury.

Sounds like to me you really really REALLY don't want to be wrong here and are just building strawmen at this point. Yeah, some people don't like him, I can understand that. WWE fucked up his title reign, but you're arguments are suddenly becoming full of shit.

darkpower
06-22-2007, 05:52 PM

Why, because everyone has valid points to back it up and you're pulling YOUR bullshit arguments out of thin air?

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Why, because everyone has valid points to back it up and you're pulling YOUR bullshit arguments out of thin air?
Are you gonna tell me next, that Eddie's death didnt have anything to do his push?

IC Champion
06-22-2007, 06:24 PM
And for the record Vince only put the belt on him because Rey said he would only charge 1/4 of the rate Vince paid the rest of his champions.

Mooияakeя™
06-22-2007, 07:00 PM

Word.

IC / US Champ / TV Title (oops, bit old skool there *dreams*) yes, but WC, I just don't like it.

Kane Knight
06-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Reality check here: When he was champ, and I went to the Wheeling show last year, there were a ton of Rey signs and fans when I was standing in the line, and then the cheers for him when he came out were deafening (they didn't edit anything there). So yeah, he DOES sell, or at least he did pre-injury.

Sounds like to me you really really REALLY don't want to be wrong here and are just building strawmen at this point. Yeah, some people don't like him, I can understand that. WWE fucked up his title reign, but you're arguments are suddenly becoming full of shit.

Signs =/= sales. T-Shorts and action figures do. You should have gone there.

Pops =/= sales. I've seen Teddy Long as the referee outpop wrestlers. Hell, people popped huge for 2 Cool.

Kane Knight
06-22-2007, 09:07 PM

DP, I love you and all, but are you TRYING to be Fox News in this?

Ben Rodrigues
06-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Any chance he'll do that gimmick someone mentioned where a wrestler dresses up as a bear and the announcers sell it as if he were a real bear?

darkpower
06-23-2007, 03:09 AM
DP, I love you and all, but are you TRYING to be Fox News in this?
Try ME being Keith Olbermann and he's Billo.

And you got it wrong...it's Fox NOISE Channel. I hate those fags.

darkpower
06-23-2007, 03:12 AM
Are you gonna tell me next, that Eddie's death didnt have anything to do his push?

:wtf:

Dude, I had said earlier that the WWE fucked up in how to handle the push. How could you miss that?

loosecollector
06-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Have him get a massive Khali chop square to the head and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

apokalypse7
06-23-2007, 03:45 AM
does Rey really piss that many people off??? wow, Edge v Rey could be interesting. Not as interesting as Edge and Lita in a live sex display, but hey.

I do think Rey could help elevate the US title scene during his last days. Just don't give him the strap, MVP is the goods and he's growing. He needs a couple of names on his Resume,

619 jobs to the 305 BABY

BALLIN

Kane Knight
06-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Try ME being Keith Olbermann and he's Billo.

And you got it wrong...it's Fox NOISE Channel. I hate those fags.

Then stop acting like those "fags," pretending the facts are on your side simply because it's the point of view you wish to push.