PDA

View Full Version : tears in heaven is the most vastly overrated sad song ever

The Mask
12-12-2003, 09:24 PM
clapton's guitar sounds like crap, and there's no sustain or anything, and it's really bland and annoying and his guitar doesn't gently weep or anything. clapton is overrated as it is :mad:

name the most saddest song you can think of here :(

Elements
12-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Isn't tears in heaven supposed to be sad because it is about his dead son, not because he evokes emotion in his playing?

el fregadero
12-12-2003, 09:31 PM
<font color=teal>I disagree, Clapton is the man.</font>

The Mask
12-12-2003, 09:31 PM
supposedly, but you know, it's still not that sad. the way people went on about it i was expecting it to be all soulful and heartfelt with some tasty yet soulful licks thrown in or something :mad:

if i wrote a song about my dead kid, it'd be a whole lot more sad anyway :mad:

Elements
12-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Agreed. But to be fair, I wouldn't be able to write something brilliant about something like that. In fact, I would consider it an insult to even try (if the song were to be sold as Tears In Heaven was. But thinking about it seriously, If I were to write a song about such a thing, I would make sure nobody but me would ever hear it)

The Mask
12-12-2003, 09:39 PM
layla is a good song, i'll give him that.

everything else i've heard, and i've heard a fair bit, seems to bore me though.

specially sunshine of your love after the way hendrix made it kick ass :mad:

The Mask
12-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Agreed. But to be fair, I wouldn't be able to write something brilliant about something like that. In fact, I would consider it an insult to even try (if the song were to be sold as Tears In Heaven was. But thinking about it seriously, If I were to write a song about such a thing, I would make sure nobody but me would ever hear it)

yeah, i'd probably be a bit iffy about something like that too. or if i did write one i'd make it instrumental or not make it too obvious :(

el fregadero
12-12-2003, 09:42 PM
layla is a good song, i'll give him that.

everything else i've heard, and i've heard a fair bit, seems to bore me though.

specially sunshine of your love after the way hendrix made it kick ass :mad:

<font color=teal>Not many people look good when compared to Hendrix, though.</font>

KleptoKlown
12-12-2003, 09:56 PM
clapton rules.

MJD
12-12-2003, 10:03 PM
lol yeah ok