PDA

View Full Version : So, instruments?

No Denver
06-23-2007, 06:48 AM
This has been probably been discussed 2342344 million times before. But whatever.

Anyway, play any instruments? What kind do you have?

I play guitar (acoustic mostly) and I have an Egmond sometingorother, and a Fender somethingorother.

Both acoustic.

El Vaquero de Infierno
06-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Keyboard/Piano
Mandolin
Irish Whistle

And I've just took up the Clarinet.

mitchables
06-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I play trumpet, trombone, euphonium, piano, drums, guitar, bass, and a little bit of saxophone. I play them all fairly regularly except for trombone, euph and sax.

gatoconbotas
06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I used to be awesome at trombone, piano, drums, xylaphone, sax, bari sax, french horn, and tuba.

I, however, quit playing all of them like 6 years ago and recently ebay'd everything haha.

Penner
06-23-2007, 11:33 AM
I play guitar everyday.

I'm a decent bass player, but I play it like a guitar.
I can also play keyboard, but that's only through transposing it from guitar.

Kane Knight
06-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Trombone (Yamaha something)
Guitar (Rogue Dreadnought, a great cheap A/E guitar; Epiphone Goth SG)
Bass (Fender P-Bass)
Keyboard (Some cheap old Casio)
Bongos (No actual brand name)

Silent
06-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I play guitar everyday.

Everything he said, plus I play drums.

DRBailey
06-29-2007, 05:43 AM
4 electrics
1 acoustic
1 12 string acoustic
1 Semi - Acoustic
1 Bass
Grade 1 at Piano, which means Im fine with chords lol
Oh and I sing too (which reminds me, need a set for tonight)

Londoner
06-29-2007, 05:45 AM
I can't play an instrument but wish i could, so took up singing instead which seems to be my thing. Maybe ill learn other stuff in future, i have a guitar that im still yet to get going on, just can't get to grips with it.

Rammsteinmad
06-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Mainly guitar. But I come from a musical family so I can play pretty much anything I can pick up.

Besides guitars, I actully own and can play (though some better than others):

Bass, Drums, Keyboard/Piano, Violin, Viola (Not that there's much difference), Cello, Recorder, Bagpipes, Flute, Bongos and Kazoo (if that counts :D)

Next up I'm looking to learn how to play the Banjo... just haven't come round to getting my ass in gear and buying one.

OverTaker
06-30-2007, 02:26 PM
I play guitar everyday.

JEEZ, we're like brothers.:cool:

OverTaker
06-30-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm trying to learn Drums as well.

El Vaquero de Infierno
06-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I also have a guitar, violin, and harmonica, but I can't play them. Though i will eventually take the violin back up.

Just John
06-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I play a bit of guitar. Fender something.

I played drums, but I dont have a kit. Couldn't fit it anywhere

Kane Knight
07-01-2007, 10:15 AM
My buddy Bill plays drums, but also lacks a kit for the same reaons. The guy's got arms like tree trunks.

ron the dial
07-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Saxomaphone

Shaggy
07-02-2007, 01:32 AM
I can play a little guitar...usually just the beginning of a few songs...

Can do a little drumming...

Learning more guitar from my cousin but since im the vocalist for our band I never worried about learning anything before.

OssMan
07-02-2007, 03:09 AM
theremin
synthax drumitar
thunder tube
goggles
frankenstein mask

El Vaquero de Infierno
07-02-2007, 07:14 AM
theremin

I want to sex you up right now! :cool:

Arnold HamNegger
07-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I can't play an instrument but wish i could, so took up singing instead which seems to be my thing. Maybe ill learn other stuff in future, i have a guitar that im still yet to get going on, just can't get to grips with it.

My situation exactly. I'm in the process of trying to start a band right now just for fun. My girlfriend just bought me a pretty badass amp for my B-day...so time to giddy up.

True Brit Grit
07-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, this is hardly going to get me sexed up by too many of you but I've always wanted to play the piano... It's never gonna' happen.

Kane Knight
07-07-2007, 04:55 PM
My situation exactly. I'm in the process of trying to start a band right now just for fun. My girlfriend just bought me a pretty badass amp for my B-day...so time to giddy up.

I got started more or less the same way you are, and TL might. I was playing a bit of keyboard in my previous band. Nothing fancy, but mostly playing it to cover the parts where the guitarist was doing solos. And then bongos.

I started playing bass, during, because it was harder finding a bassist than a drummer. I was more or less filling in, playing standing bass lines mostly. And I'm still surprised I can play bass, since the reason I wasn't playing instruments (Besides Trombone, played in high school) was that my hands mimmick each other. Long as I'm not too complex, though.

Since my guitarist was being a prick, I decided to just pick up guitar myself. I'm better with bass, but I suck with both. ;)

So now I'm working on re-forming a band, and learning to play some slightly better shit.

...If anyone's wondering, I only play chords one-handed on a piano.

El Vaquero de Infierno
07-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Well, this is hardly going to get me sexed up by too many of you but I've always wanted to play the piano... It's never gonna' happen.

Just buy a cheap keyboard to start off with. If you enjoy it, then buy a bigger and better keyboard/digital piano.

Personally, I could do with a full-sized digital piano, or real one, now. 70-odd keys just ain't enough no more.

Just John
07-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Gonna bump this.

I sort of 'fell out' (got bored and went off) with guitar and didn't really get very good, I've decided to save for a B.C Rich Warlock (pictured) and get back into it.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1609/plt7strgtc6.gif

Just John
07-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Also, does anyone have any idea of how to get tabs (Seeing as all the sites have closed down) or some sort of way of learning guitar?

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Gonna bump this.

I sort of 'fell out' (got bored and went off) with guitar and didn't really get very good, I've decided to save for a B.C Rich Warlock (pictured) and get back into it.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1609/plt7strgtc6.gif

The Warlock's pretty shitty. 'Swhy I went for an Epiphone SG. Stylistically, it's great, but you have to put a lot of work to make a Warlock anything more than a pretty piece.

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Also, does anyone have any idea of how to get tabs (Seeing as all the sites have closed down) or some sort of way of learning guitar?

I use AZChords.com, which is still up. Otherwise, learn by ear, maybe?

Just John
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I use AZChords.com, which is still up. Otherwise, learn by ear, maybe?

Nice, thanks for the site.

As for learning by ear, quite frankly I have low confidence in that because I am simply not very good (to the extent of wanting to start fresh) which brings me on to the next question, you wouldn't happen to have any ideas for some good beginner songs would you?

Oh and yeah I admit to be honest I did choose the Warlock for its looks :p but I've read alot of good reviews so I have some faith in it. If not, got any ideas for a decent electric guitar that is kinda aimed at metal and isn't way overpriced (no more than £300) but still suitable for a beginner?

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
What are you looking to play? Leads? Rhythm? Combination?

What style of music?

I normally play the rhythm parts and straight chords.

Bad Company
07-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Also, try a copy of guitar pro, and get a bunch of tabs for it, go the torrents!

I have a Schecter Omen 6 Guitar and a couple of shit acoustics.
http://www.musiciansstorehouse.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/SG-OMEN6-BK_th.jpg

Just John
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I think I'm gonna give up guitar. I don't really think I have any patience to actually learn. The same applies to most instruments. I seem to be fine for other things, but actually playing music is something I will never do. Ah well.

El Vaquero de Infierno
07-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Christ, just take up the irish whistle. You'll be able to play your first piece within 20-30 mins of picking the thing up.

weather vane
07-18-2007, 03:59 PM
so many band geeks in here, we could make a sick orchestra

I used to play the tuba in my music class, so funny

CSL
07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
<font color=white>I'd fucking LOVE to able to play guitar but I'm way too impatient to learn. Can play about 3 songs.</font>

packt up
07-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Electric Guitar - Schecter 006
Acoustic Guitar - Some old yamaha which is my Dads
Violin - Dunno but its from the 18th Century

Learning Piano but currently suck.