PDA

View Full Version : With all of these guys supposedly getting main event pushes in ECW...*Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
So with Johnny Nitro winning the ECW Title, Viscera supposedly getting gimmick change plus a main event push on the brand, add in Cor Von and Burke. You've got 4 top level (well for ECW) heels. And on the babyface side you only have Benoit and Punk.

Do you see either Cor Von or Burke turning face or do you see someone like The Boogeyman being pushed as the third main event face?

Theo Dious
06-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I want a Cor Von face. :y:

Probably will be the Boogeyman though.

KingofOldSchool
06-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I want a Cor Von/Viscersa feud.

Not because the matches will be **** or anything, but because we could possibly get Cor Von calling Viscera a hippophant.

Innovator
06-25-2007, 10:42 AM
hippophant chants need to be started

Xero
06-25-2007, 10:51 AM
They should call his fans Hippophans.

"For the millions... AND MILLIONS OF HIPPOPHANS!"

Rammsteinmad
06-25-2007, 11:41 AM
I know it's unlikely to happen, but why not actually push one of the older guys like Tommy Dreamer or Stevie Richards? I'd love to see that! :y:

St. Jimmy
06-25-2007, 11:43 AM
The thing I see here, is WWE sees Beniot/Punk as the closest thing to Angle/Joemaga as they're gonna get.

Tease at it, hint at it - but make the fans wait FOR FUCKING EVER to see it.

Theo Dious
06-25-2007, 12:26 PM
They need to do Nitro vs Stevie for the title. :y:

Mercury Bullet
06-25-2007, 12:30 PM
They should call his fans Hippophans.

"For the millions... AND MILLIONS OF HIPPOPHANS!"

:rofl:

That would be AWESOME. I would seriously love a crazy ass, spastic face Cor Von in the title scene.

Kane Knight
06-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Benoit and Punk being overwhelmed would actually make for good TV, especially if they teamed up. I don't even like Punk, and I would watch to see them struggle for the title.

The One
06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
If Cor Von brings Hippophant to ECW, I will cream my pants.

Jeritron
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I have no problems with CM Punk, Nitro, Cor Von and Elijah Burke being the title picture. I like it, but they're all so green and seem so inferior in terms of status and credibility compared to the title pool on the other 2 brands.
Benoit is key.
They need Benoit and Punk to become a face tag team, and have them have great matches with the other 3 heels.
Then they can build for the Punk/Benoit title showdown once their alliance breaks down.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2007, 02:09 PM
They seemed to be teasing some dissention in the Burke/Cor Von ranks last week, so something may be happening there.

KingofOldSchool
06-25-2007, 05:01 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I have no problems with CM Punk, Nitro, Cor Von and Elijah Burke being the title picture. I like it, but they're all so green and seem so inferior in terms of status and credibility compared to the title pool on the other 2 brands.
Benoit is key.
They need Benoit and Punk to become a face tag team, and have them have great matches with the other 3 heels.
Then they can build for the Punk/Benoit title showdown once their alliance breaks down.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Punk and Nitro are not geen.

Burke is somewhat.

Cor Von just isn't a good wrestler, but still mad entertaining.

Xero
06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Out of all of them, Cor Von probably has the most chance at succeeding. He as the "entertainment" look and personality and fits in perfectly with WWE's philosophy, and he's pretty fun to watch to boot.

Kane Knight
06-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah. I may not like Punk, but anyone who thinks he's green is fucking retarded.

UmbrellaCorporation
06-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah. I may not like Punk, but anyone who thinks he's green is fucking retarded.

Jeritron
06-25-2007, 05:32 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">He's not green, he's just not ready to be the champion of any brand. He needs to get a legitimate singles push first. I mean, I just think the IC or US title is more his pace right now.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

KingofOldSchool
06-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Well it is ECW and Punk should be number 2 in line behind Benoit. I'm not saying he should've won the title last night, but it would've made much more sense to have Cor Von or even Burke win the title. Because they were one of the 4 competing to wrestle in the title match.

If anything they could've done it where Burke got to wrestle Punk because since Benoit couldn't make it to the match, he basically gave up the right he won on Tuesday.

And then Burke could've won the title after Nitro interference.

That way Burke could win the title, feud with Benoit assuming he's not gone for months and then Punk can feud with Nitro.

Pepsi Man
06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
My main problem with it being Nitro that replaced Benoit is that it had no real explanation on why Nitro. It just seemed so random. I'm not sure I would've wanted Burke or Cor Von either, since they did lose in the tournament, although maybe making them wrestle in a dark match before the event or something would've worked. A pre-event Battle Royal...SOMETHING.

Instead it was like they were just like, "We need to replace Chris Benoit...in his title match!"

"Wait, it's the ECW Title, right? Then it doesn't matter..."

"We still do need a match, though. Johnny Nitro, where are you?! YOU! You're wrestling CM Punk for the ECW World Heavyweight Title tonight!"

"*shrug* Okay."

Corkscrewed
06-25-2007, 06:27 PM
^ Well said. Woulda been cool of Burke had "attacked" Benoit or something, then taken his place.

I kinda feel weird talking about any hypothetical situations involving Benoit, now, given the breaking news.

Theo Dious
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Out of all of them, Cor Von probably has the most chance at succeeding. He as the "entertainment" look and personality and fits in perfectly with WWE's philosophy, and he's pretty fun to watch to boot.

You god damn hippophant. :mad:

Xero
06-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I admit it, I'm a Hippophan!

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm still for William Regal being sent to ECW as a top face there. The reason he was apparently moved to RAW, is because Regal wants a bit of a singles push. With there now being a slot in ECW with the Benoit tragedy, Regal is probably the most similar guy to him in style on the roster.

This would require the WWE go deep, so I'm not expecting them to do it, but they could point out that Regal helped provide CM Punk with additional training back in the day, which can provide kind of a basis for a face turn, and matches between the two at a later date (respectful teacher vs. student matches).

Regal is a machine in the ring, and he's great on the mic and at the whole entertainment side in general. Plus he can help get the younger guys polished. RAW is fairly full at the moment, so they won't necessarily miss him.

Mooияakeя™
06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
yeah, or... TAKE THE SANDMAN TO MAIN EVENT STATUS!

Well, fuck it, I'm for it. - He's semi old skool Austin with his "beer drinking" and the fact that he may not "break the rules" he just don't understand them. Which is cool. Get him in some good hardcore matches, sorted.

ah well, I'll continue to dream eh?