PDA

View Full Version : Smaller MMA Promotions..

Kris P Lettus
06-25-2007, 05:29 PM
What is the best "smaller" MMA promotion??

Personally, I've been watching alot of IFL and WEC.. Some Bodog too..

Pretty much whatever is on..

What do you think is the best smaller promotion?? I'd go with IFL, then with WEC a close second..

If you say other, or if I'm forgetting one, write it in..

Jordan X
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't like MMA in a ring, I much perfer a cage... In a year WEC will be number 2 in the US behind UFC, but right now I really like Elite XC, their shows so far have been pretty good, plus they got big name fighters.

Jordan X
06-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Personally I think IFL sucks. I don't like the team format, it's ridiculous and makes me not care.

Kris P Lettus
06-25-2007, 05:48 PM
I hate the ring too, but pound for pound, IFL has better fighters..

Ben Rothwell, Gideon Ray, Vladimir Matyushenko, Ryan Schultz, etc..

And with trainers like Renzo Gracie, Pat Miletich, Marco Ruas, Ken and Frank Shamrock, Matt Lindland, Don Frye, etc, they have some star power too..

Also, two words

Bas FUCKING Rutten

That was three words but you get the point..

Jordan X
06-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll give it another shot.

Reavant
06-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I wouldnt consider IFL a "smaller" promotion. I mean its a different format from the others. Its strictly team competition. Like a dual meet in wrestling. Theres not that individual factor of this person holding a belt and having a challenger but rather a coach putting his team against another coach's team. Around here IFL is pretty big.

Stickman
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I hate the ring too, but pound for pound, IFL has better fighters..

Ben Rothwell, Gideon Ray, Vladimir Matyushenko, Ryan Schultz, etc..

And with trainers like Renzo Gracie, Pat Miletich, Marco Ruas, Ken and Frank Shamrock, Matt Lindland, Don Frye, etc, they have some star power too..

Also, two words

Bas FUCKING Rutten

That was three words but you get the point..

But those guys dont' fight.

Kris P Lettus
06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah they do..

I know for a fact that Renzo Gracie fought Pat Miletich at one of their shows..

I've also seen Marco Ruas, Robbie Lawler, etc fight at their shows..

Hey Stckman, it seems you always come into MMA discussion acting like a tough guy, being a dick about "proving your point" but most of the time, you have no f'n clue what you are talking about..

How about stopping that because you come off looking like a retarded shithead everytime??

:y:

Kris P Lettus
06-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Upon invetagating further I see that ALOT of known fighters have fought in IFL..

Jans Pulver, Jeremy Horn, Matt Lindland, Josh Neer, Vernon White, Mike Whitehead, etc..

Reavant
06-27-2007, 11:55 AM
IFL is a really big promotion actually

Stickman
06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah they do..

I know for a fact that Renzo Gracie fought Pat Miletich at one of their shows..

I've also seen Marco Ruas, Robbie Lawler, etc fight at their shows..

Hey Stckman, it seems you always come into MMA discussion acting like a tough guy, being a dick about "proving your point" but most of the time, you have no f'n clue what you are talking about..

How about stopping that because you come off looking like a retarded shithead everytime??

I was under the impression they were just coaches. Also, I dont' see too much IFL and from what I've seen it's an interesting concept but kind of shitty at the same time. Why would I care about any of the fighters if it's just about the teams? If your team wins three fights a night, that team won, why would I care about the last two fights?

As for me not knowing my MMA shit, great. I enjoy it alot, it's a new sport to me, I watch what I can but there's one thing I find really bothersome. Old fans aren't willing to accept new "uneducated" fans. I go to other forums and shit and it seems like if you don't watch Pride or whatever you're an idiot. I don't know much about Wanderli Silva or many Pride guys so if I say I think Chuck Liddell will win I'm stupid. The sport isn't underground anymore, sorry for trying to learn about it.

As for saying I "act tough" give me a fucking break. I'm the furthest thing from a guy who acts like a tough guy. I give dickish comments on here but who doesn't? Many of your posts are you being a complete dick. I'm a dick, you're a dick, great what's your point?

Kris P Lettus
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I am not an old fan who won't "accept new 'uneducated' fans".. I'm all for MMA getting more popular.. The more popular it gets, the more I get to see it.. I just don't like uneducated fans who act educated.. It's one thing to not know something, it's another to not know something but act like you do..

I dunno.. You seem decent enough, but you really come across as a know it prick sometimes.. By saying this, I'm not trying to be a dick just trying to let you know so you might stop..

Kris P Lettus
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
If your team wins three fights a night, that team won, why would I care about the last two fights?

Because fans usually like watching fights regaurdless if they mean anything or not.. Atleast I do..

IFL is big, I just don't see it on the level of UFC or Pride, just yet..

Stickman
06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I dunno.. You seem decent enough, but you really come across as a know it prick sometimes.. By saying this, I'm not trying to be a dick just trying to let you know so you might stop..

My personality and sense of humour is full of sly smart ass comments that a lot of people miss but those who see it are on the floor laughing. It is hard to convey yourself online. I'm sure you're a decent enough guy too but on here I want to slap you sometimes as you do me. I think its more of not getting it as it's only words typed on a forum. There's no tone of voice or any of that here I think that's why we don't get one another. It's also tough when you look EXACTLY like a guy from highschool who gave me a hard time that I would love nothing more than shoving his teeth down his throat.

Stickman
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Because fans usually like watching fights regaurdless if they mean anything or not.. Atleast I do..

IFL is big, I just don't see it on the level of UFC or Pride, just yet..

I'd rather watch a fight with a meaning behind it. I dont' really want to see two guys with a 1-0 record going at it.

Kris P Lettus
06-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I like watching any and all fights.. Any given day anyone can be knocked out.. Any fight can end in dramatic fashion..

I love all MMA not just main events..

Jordan X
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
I'd rather watch a fight with a meaning behind it. I dont' really want to see two guys with a 1-0 record going at it.

That's where everyone starts though...

This sport is so young the only real experts are the people who do it or Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan... everybody is learning.

So in IFL do the coaches fight to break a tie? How does this work, because I was under the assumption this was the way it would go when Ken's team fought Frank's team, Ken won by like two fights so it was off... But if they were to tie, would Frank have fought Ken?

Stickman
06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I recall reading about the IFL advertizing that somebody will leave the arena in a a stretcher. Not the best way to promote your sport.

Stickman
06-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I watched World Combat League yesterday and I thought it was rediculous.

Kris P Lettus
06-29-2007, 02:38 PM
World Combat League isn't really MMA because there's no Ju Jitsu or any ground game.. Mostly kick boxing..

Stickman
06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I found that out while watching it. I figured it'd be MMA. It was pretty shitty kick boxing too. Not to take away from the athletes but it seemed like they were just swinging for the fences.

Kris P Lettus
06-29-2007, 03:16 PM
It's judge on a stupid point system like tradition Karate compitions..

Stickman
06-29-2007, 05:23 PM
I can't see it lasting.