PDA

View Full Version : Big weekend for MMA, TUF Finale, Barnoni/Shamrock, and that big black guy...

Jordan
06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
So it was a huge weekend for MMA, as well as boxing. Hatton ran over some mexican guy in the 4th round, BJ Penn ran over Pulver, Shamrock fucked Baroni's shit up, and Kimbo Slice beat Ray Mercer... Kimbo has videos on the net of his famous street fights. He is the big black guy that you never want to meet in a dark alley. He is going to fight Tank Abott in september.

I don't get the reaction to the no contest finish in the Maynard/Emerson fight on the Ultimate Finale, I thought it was pretty fucking sweet.

Who did you pick to with the tournament, I had Diaz but I didn't look like it would go that way obviously until the injury. So discuss this weekends happenings in the fight world!

Stickman
06-25-2007, 07:15 PM
What happened with Maynard and Emerson?

Boondock Saint
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
It went to a no contest because when Emerson tapped the ref said Maynard had knocked himself out. Maynard disagreed.

Super V
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Hatton fight was fixed.

Kris P Lettus
06-26-2007, 12:26 AM
I fucking love Kimbo.. Didn't even know he was actually gonna fight real MMA bouts..

Sweet..

p.s. is there a video of his fight online??

Rob
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Hatton fight was fixed.

Yeah but Hatton was the one who fixed it by smashing up Castillo.

I pretty much knew Shamrock would win like he did. Fight night was decent. Thought Penn would have had more trouble with Pulver. Glad Diaz won the show.

Jordan
06-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Hatton is the man, I ain't buying any bs about fights being fixed its all talk. He knocked his guts into his throat so he gave up.

Also is anyone loving Joe Lauzon? He is a psycho killer! Haha, I really wanted him the in the finals, it would have been great if he would have fought Diaz, that would have been a true iron man match.

Reavant
06-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I knew BJ was gonna run right over Pulver. BJ is possably one of the best fighters in the world. He just needs to work on his conditioning for the 5-5 minute rounds. He was killing Hughes in the first two rounds of their last fight. I mean seriously fucking him up and then gassed in the third. When he faught GSP he didnt dominate him as bad but he clearly had the upperhand until he started gassing in the later rounds. BJ is seriously on of the most dangerous men in MMA.

RP
06-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I was watching the TE finale and i didnt catch what happend to mannys shoulder. Did it just pop out or did Diaz do something to fuck it up? All i saw was Diaz begin to hit it and then Manny tapping.

Anyhow Diaz made me a fan when he was telling Karo Parisyan that if he came any closer he was gunna hit him...LOL amazing balls.

Reavant
06-26-2007, 06:43 PM
he shot and it just popped out and when diaz started hitting him, he tapped.

Thats why i wanted to diaz to win too haha i hate parisyan after that ep.

Rob
06-26-2007, 06:55 PM
He was killing Hughes in the first two rounds of their last fight. I mean seriously fucking him up and then gassed in the third. When he faught GSP he didnt dominate him as bad but he clearly had the upperhand until he started gassing in the later rounds.

Well unlucky for BJ Penn, fights are scheduled for 3 or 5 rounds.

Diaz's after fight promo was awesome too.

Stickman
06-26-2007, 06:59 PM
So Kimbo Slice is just some dude who does street fights?

Reavant
06-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Well unlucky for BJ Penn, fights are scheduled for 3 or 5 rounds.

way to only quote have my post to make it look like you can make a point:y:

Reavant
06-26-2007, 07:21 PM
not to mention he took the huges fight on short notice due to the fact that that fight was originally supposed to be huges vs GSP and GSP was injured

Super V
06-28-2007, 12:53 AM
The Hatton fight was fixed. Castillo was in debt and wasn't even fighting the way he used to. He didn't even throw the fight convincingly. This is why boxing is declining.