PDA

View Full Version : If nothing else, the Chris Benoit mess has one good thing for it....

darkpower
06-27-2007, 07:55 AM
...the song they used for his "Desire" video (or whatever they call them now).

The song is "Remember (I.O.U)" by Big Dismal. Came out in 03.

Have it on my iPod now...was listening to it all night last night. Brilliant song.

(P.S.: I wasn't sure where to put this. The Music Forum would've been good, but this is concerning something about the Benoit crap, and it WAS in the RAW show, so I just put it here).

Impeccable
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM
That picture made me think...at this moment in time, all the main eventers from Wrestlemania XX are either no longer with us/no longer with the company/injured.

Eddie - No longer with us (RIP)
Kurt Angle - TNA
Triple h - Injured
Shawn Michaels - Injured
benoit - No longer with us.

Also

John Cena vs Big Show (Show's left)

Christian vs Jericho. (both left)

Sable & Torrie vs Jackie & Stacy. (Only Torrie is still with the company)

Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg (Neither with the company)

WOW...the WWE has changed so much in three years!

Impeccable
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Back on topic...that song is now associated with Benoit which I don't really want to ever think about...as great as the song is :(

Also, thanks to my custom title, I'm now retarded!

darkpower
06-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Back on topic...that song is now associated with Benoit which I don't really want to ever think about...as great as the song is :(

Also, thanks to my custom title, I'm now retarded!

Actually, seeing as how, for now at least, the video won't be shown anywhere besides you tube, I think it might be safe to listen to the song...I'd use it for other things, myself.

Impeccable
06-27-2007, 08:09 AM
I wish I could, but for me, music and association are quite strong. Shame.

darkpower
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM

I know how that feels. I can't listen to Faith Of The Heart without thinking of Enterprise.

Though I don't know how I can get away with seperating them myself.

Damn good song, though....but it IS a Christian Rock song, so if you try to think of it that way, maybe it'll do something different (they didn't play the whole song on the tribute, obviously).

Theo Dious
06-27-2007, 08:16 AM

Can anybody else not get Benoit's god damn theme song out of there heads? Cause I've been hearing it almost nonstop in mine for a day and a half. :mad:

Impeccable
06-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Damn good song, though....but it IS a Christian Rock song, so if you try to think of it that way, maybe it'll do something different (they didn't play the whole song on the tribute, obviously).

Now all I will think of when this song comes on is the bibles next to Nancy and Daniel.

:'(

Impeccable
06-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Can anybody else not get Benoit's god damn theme song out of there heads? Cause I've been hearing it almost nonstop in mine for a day and a half. :mad:

I've got his old theme in my head...and the kazoo theme too.

darkpower
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Now all I will think of when this song comes on is the bibles next to Nancy and Daniel.

:'(

Oh God, forgot about that.

Still, how the FUCK am I able to seperate that? :wtf:

Theo Dious
06-27-2007, 08:34 AM
...and the kazoo theme too.

Thank you for disturbing me even further. :rant: .......... :shifty:

Impeccable
06-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Thank you for disturbing me even further. :rant: .......... :shifty:

Sorry...:wavesad:

darkpower
06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
What about the Four Horsemen theme from WCW. Benoit WAS a Horseman, you know.

St. Jimmy
06-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm still going to listen to his WWE theme (the one Our Lady Peace) did. Although I can associate songs and violent behaviors from one another.

Londoner
06-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Blame the person..not the music!! ;)

Kane Knight
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm still going to listen to his WWE theme (the one Our Lady Peace) did. Although I can associate songs and violent behaviors from one another.

I've already associated that theme with his win at Mania. I'm not going to ever be able to associate it with the guy who murdered his family.