PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing cd you've ever bought?

Renaissance man
06-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Has to be "open door" by evanessence- what a massive let down especially after the brilliant "fallen"

Thoughts/comments?

Confucius
06-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Was a massive fan of Oasis from their first album. Played Definitely Maybe[I] to death, loved the Follow-up [I](What's the story) morning glory?

The third album? Absolute stinker.

Haven't bought an album of theirs since.

road doggy dogg
06-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Even though it's a fine CD and all, I didn't like Sum 41's Chuck so much. I liked their more poppier sound, and their dabblings in more metal-esque music just isn't as good imo. Hoping their new CD is more to my liking.

OverTaker
06-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I never bought a CD that I know wouldn't like.

Tornado
06-30-2007, 02:25 PM
The Killers - Sams Town.

Not a patch on Hot Fuss

Kane Knight
06-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I can't think of a single CD I've been truly disappointed in.

El Vaquero de Infierno
06-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I never bought a CD that I know wouldn't like.

Where's the fun in that?

My Dying Bride's "Turn loose the swans" album. It did nought for me, sadly. I still have it though. Hopefully one day I will get into it.

I was initially disappointed in Metallica's "Reload" album, when I bought it. Though, this was on tape rather than CD. "Load" was their first album that i bought, and I loved it, though I would soon discover the tastiness of the old shit. But anyways, I soon bought "Reload" afterwards and thought it was a pile of piss.

Saying that though, I would eventually get into the album and it would be responsible for my obsession with wanting a Hurdy Gurdy (Low Man's Lyrics), which I still covet today.

Other than that, my cd collection is second to none.

Shaggy
06-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight

The Naitch
06-30-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope Velvet Revolver LIBERTAD doesn't dissapoint me on July 3

OssMan
06-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

because all of my friends creamed their pants over this and i expected it to be a five star album which it was not.

Silent
06-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Saves The Day - Sound the Alarm

It was OK I guess, but I don't care much for anything they made after their first couple albums.

Tb1
06-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Even though it's a fine CD and all, I didn't like Sum 41's Chuck so much. I liked their more poppier sound, and their dabblings in more metal-esque music just isn't as good imo. Hoping their new CD is more to my liking.

New one sounds more like their old stuff. Heard Underclass Hero?

OverTaker
06-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Where's the fun in that?

My Dying Bride's "Turn loose the swans" album. It did nought for me, sadly. I still have it though. Hopefully one day I will get into it.

I was initially disappointed in Metallica's "Reload" album, when I bought it. Though, this was on tape rather than CD. "Load" was their first album that i bought, and I loved it, though I would soon discover the tastiness of the old shit. But anyways, I soon bought "Reload" afterwards and thought it was a pile of piss.

Saying that though, I would eventually get into the album and it would be responsible for my obsession with wanting a Hurdy Gurdy (Low Man's Lyrics), which I still covet today.

Other than that, my cd collection is second to none.

I haven't bought a CD, god, it's been a while. With me, if I hear something that I like, I'll just download it now. So all my CD's that I do own, all have that special place in my heart. There was a reason why I got it like for a certain song or the because it was my favorite artist. I can look back on it and say, "Oh I got this because it was me and my girls song."

road doggy dogg
07-01-2007, 07:37 AM

Gloriousssssss. Nah I haven't heard it, they've been talking about it like crazy on their Myspace but I could never be bothered to actually look. -_-

D Mac
07-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Thank god for torrents.

mitchables
07-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I was bitterly disappointed in The Used's In Love and Death. It felt like a complete departure from the sound which I loved them for on their self-titled. I haven't brought myself to listen to their new effort yet. Can anyone tell me what it's like?

Likewise, Sparta's Threes upset me deeply. I had really hoped that the addition of Engine Down guy to the band would give them a new dimension which would build on their stronger efforts (notably Wiretap Scars), but instead delivered oversimplified crooning pop.

Taking Back Sunday's Louder Now. I didn't rate Where You Want To Be as highly as Tell All Your Friends, although I still thought it was an excellent CD. Louder Now was WYWTB-Lite. Weak as.

The first half of Thursday's A City By The Light Divided. DO YOU LIKE REALLY DISTORTEDLY LOUD, POORLY BALANCED SYNTHS AND BASS? HARSH SNARE AND MUFFLED VOCALS? Then this CD is fucking for you, man. Second half was alright, I guess. Guess whoever mixed the first half died or something and was replaced. We can only hope.

Finally, Decemberunderground by AFI. Give me The Art of Drowning. Give me Black Sails in the Sunset. Hell, give me Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes. Give me anything but what wound up being recorded and burned into history as Decemberunderground. It's hard to take a song about someone called Miss Murder seriously when it sounds like it was written by Green Day and is toe tappingly infectious. I don't know. Musically, their post-straight horror punk years, pre-popelectronica stuff was their most diverse and interesting. Decemberunderground was pretty disappointing to me.

I don't know. All these bands used to be favourites of mine. Maybe I just outgrew them and became focused on things I didn't like about it instead of stuff I did. But if that's the case, it strikes me as strange that I can still listen to the older stuff I originally liked and still enjoy it as much today as I did back when I first listened to it.

Kane Knight
07-01-2007, 10:13 AM

You bought that? :rofl:

Disturbed316
07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Metallica - St. Anger

G
07-01-2007, 03:18 PM
this is why you download torrents :y:

Anathema
07-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Metallica - St. Anger

G
07-01-2007, 03:26 PM

has their new cd been leaked yet. with demonoid down, i can't find anything on the other torrent sites. :(

D Mac
07-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah I forgot about St. Anger. Acctually bought that. :n:

El Vaquero de Infierno
07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah I forgot about St. Anger. Acctually bought that. :n:

I'll second that!

D Mac
07-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Although I'm just now listening to The Unnamed Feeling more and liking it.

Savio
07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I bought 2 CDs for myself "...and then there was X" and "nWa: Straight outta compton"

.....I was disapointed in nwa

Rob
07-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Was a massive fan of Oasis from their first album. Played Definitely Maybe[I] to death, loved the Follow-up [I](What's the story) morning glory?

The third album? Absolute stinker.

Haven't bought an album of theirs since.

I was thinking of the same CD before I opened this thread. Has one good song on it.

Shaggy
07-02-2007, 01:33 AM
You bought that? :rofl:

Well I loved everything else they have done...so figured it was a no brainer to pick up their new album...

luckily I only spent like $5 in the end...but that CD isnt even worth that...

Tb1
07-02-2007, 05:29 AM
has their new cd been leaked yet. with demonoid down, i can't find anything on the other torrent sites. :(

Don't think so. Although I believe they have a song or two on their space.

Outsider
07-02-2007, 06:55 AM
American Hi-Fi - Hearts on Parade

My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade

El Vaquero de Infierno
07-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Christ, I forgot the one album that I truly hated from the word: go. Jethro Tull's "Catfish Rising" album. It was so bad, that a new category of bad had to be created just for it.

I went to Vinyl Exchange the next day after buying it, and exchanged it for REM's "Monster" album.

Never buy Jethro Tull's "Catfish Rising" album, EVER.

Renaissance man
07-02-2007, 08:01 AM
American Hi-Fi - Hearts on Parade

My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade

Whats wrong with My chemical romance???

ct2k
07-02-2007, 09:26 AM
They're shit

Just John
07-02-2007, 09:39 AM
They're shit

RGWhat316
07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Same here, unfortunately. The only song I like is "Given Up". But now I kinda feel ashamed to know that the cd went to number 1 on the charts.

Arnold HamNegger
07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
The most appropriately named album of all time has to be St. Anger. :foc:

Guns & Roses- "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Downunder
07-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Metallica - St. Anger

Graspbymyself
07-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
I got it the same day it came out and spent $40 on it played it once and tossed out my window.

DRBailey
07-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Happy Sad - Tim Buckley

or

Load - Metallica

True Brit Grit
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
The View...

I don't care if you've not changed your bloody jeans in ages, your album is shit.

darkpower
07-09-2007, 02:14 AM
I can't think of a single CD I've been truly disappointed in.

Funky Fly
07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Wu Tang Clan - Wu Tang Forever

A double album with exactly one song that wasn't absolutely godawful.

Then there's St. Lunatics - Free City

What the fuck was I even thinking there?