PDA

View Full Version : The Bigs

D Mac
06-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Blew some more of my money and bought this. Have'nt played it yet but I'll let you know.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/thebigs/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs%3Breviews&page=2

Shaggy
06-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Looks like Slugfest to me...Actually some people said that it was this years Slugfest.

I dont know...would be great if you could play it on the Wii with swinging the remote....

D Mac
06-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Better then Slugfest. Pretty damn fun. Good graphics too.

Kinda frustrating to hit tho.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Better then Slugfest. Pretty damn fun. Good graphics too.

Kinda frustrating to hit tho.

Is it? Good, I was just thinking it was hard on the Wii version.

D Mac
07-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Yeah I played about 5 games and got my power up meter full and couldn't hit the ball once.

PapaGeorgio
07-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Anyone play the Wii version, thoughts on it?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-01-2007, 04:10 AM
Anyone play the Wii version, thoughts on it?

It's still a good game, but the controls are a bit shit. Not like unresponsive like some Wii games, just shit.

For example, to throw to second base, you have to hold A, move the wiimote up and release A. If you don't release A at the end it wont't throw.

To sprint, you have to waggle the remote as you head towards the ball. To dive, you have to hold A, push the mote in the direction you wanna dive and then release A so you can't really sprint to the ball and the dive :mad:.

If you won another console the game came out on, get that one, but it is still worth picking up if the Wii is your only console.

Boomer
07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I can't say that I like this game very much. I want to like it, but I find it very shallow. I don't find any skill involved in doing anything. Yes you can use the turbo at the right times to your advantage, but almost everything else has been simplified to the highest degree.

I haven't given up on it yet, but I want to advise anyone who is considering buying this to rent it first. 60 bucks is a lot to pay for a baseball game without a season mode, stat tracking, etc.

OssMan
07-01-2007, 10:34 PM
It seems like a next-generation NBA Hangtime

Boomer
07-02-2007, 12:43 AM
To put this in perspective, NFL Street and NFL Blitz are some of my favorite franchises, so I love arcade sports games. I want to love this game, and I'm still playing it. So that says something.

This is a new franchise, so I'm sure it will have some great potential in the future. But I just think they rounded a few corners off that they shouldn't have. Even something as simple as not getting Gary Sheffield's real batting stance in the game annoys me a little bit, especially since everything is spot on in MLB 2K7. Its an arcade game yeah yeah but if they are gonna spend all this time making the players look realistic (which a lot of them do), why not finish off the whole deal?

FakeLaser
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
You can throw to a base using the directional pad on the Wiimote which is much easier.

This game is amazing. I feel like it'd only be god on Wii though.

D Mac
07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
It's addicting. Frustrating online tho. It seems everyone I play gets perfect pitches every fucking time. :mad:

FakeLaser
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Wait, do you have to use your turbo to do great catches and stuff? Like diving catches or jumping catches when it slows down and shit. I can't seem to pull off dives or anything like that. I can rob homers with no problem but diving catches or anything where I have to jump I haven't figured out.

D Mac
07-17-2007, 02:21 AM
No you don't need turbo for that.