PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman: The Animated Series

Penner
07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
The 90s TV Spiderman series was awesome. The Venom Saga movie was on today and it was soooooo good. I miss that show so much. The cartoon was better then the last Spiderman movie.

I'm currently downloading the entirety of this series. I recommend doing the same.

Thoughts on the series?

McLegend
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I have said this before

At the time I loved this show, but if I catch it in reruns I kinda cringe.

Doesn't age well.

road doggy dogg
07-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Downloading is for chumps. www.tv-links.co.uk

I love watching the reruns. I think it ages tremendously, wtf are you talking about.

McLegend
07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Voice acting

Penner
07-02-2007, 11:21 PM
ahh thanks bud

probably better qual if i just dl it though

road doggy dogg
07-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Voice acting

Kingpin's voice is glorious.

McLegend
07-02-2007, 11:26 PM
yes he is good, but Peter Parker not so good

road doggy dogg
07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
And Tobey's better?

McLegend
07-02-2007, 11:31 PM
He just might be.

road doggy dogg
07-02-2007, 11:35 PM
No. Don't get me wrong, he's not terrible or anything, but the TAS Parker wasn't bad at allll, I never thought he sounded out of place or anything.

Well except for in that one episode where Green Goblin made MJ disappear in that time rift portal thing and he was all like "MARY JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!!!! I'LL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH GOBLIN!!!!!" or osmething. Sounded kind of rofl. Other than that though.

McLegend
07-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I thought everytime he got angry was hilarious actually.

road doggy dogg
07-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, that was just like the "angriest" I remember. When he was being all witty and clever though he sounded spot on.

McLegend
07-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Like when he had his Black suit and he was beating up Rhyno, and he was like "my suit can do all these things or whatever."

That was funny.

But yeah I guess he had his moments.

YOUR Hero
07-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Downloading is for chumps. www.tv-links.co.uk (http://www.tv-links.co.uk)

I love watching the reruns. I think it ages tremendously, wtf are you talking about.

sweet link.

what's spiderman under?

YOUR Hero
07-03-2007, 12:18 AM
NEVERMIND! (cartoons btw)

road doggy dogg
07-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Cartoons tab, then under S. There's 3 Spidermans I believe, the one labelled Spiderman (1994) is the one we're tlaking about. Site has pretty much every show ever though, pretty sweet.

Xerzes
07-03-2007, 04:28 AM
Ending was awful, and some of the story arcs ran longer than they should for a kids' show. Otherwise it was gold.

Mr Regal
07-03-2007, 04:42 AM
I used to watch it every week, it was awesome. I watched the venom saga on Tv links a while ago. It was pretty sweet.

Reavant
07-03-2007, 11:47 AM
i loved the spiderman - xmen crossover

Rammsteinmad
07-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah it ruled. So did the X-Men cartoon. Probably some of the better cartoons of all times IMO.

Jeritron
07-04-2007, 06:07 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Show was amazing. You can't blame the the voice acting, it's a childrens cartoon based on a comic almost directly so the dialouge is very cheesy. Spidey talks to himself as if he has no inner monolouge. It helps move the story and give the viewer his thoughts and observations, it's like a comic.

Mark Hammil was excellent as the Hobgoblin. The cameos and inclusion of other characters in storylines was top notch. Iron Man, Punisher, Blade, Fantastic Four, Xmen and the rest being in the show was badass. Just about everybody made an appearance. The only unrealized possibility they forgot or didn't get around to was The Hulk. There should have been a storyline where they ended up fighting and then becoming friends. All of the villians were given the proper treatment and used well. I can't think of any notable villian who wasn't used correctly and done well. Sandman is the only one who didn't make an appearance.
The storytelling and seasons of the show were excellent. Each season basically followed one ongoing storyline with tons of twists and turns.

The last season was a tad overboard, but the show is still one of the best animated cartoons and comic book adaptations of all time.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Gone Mad
07-05-2007, 12:39 AM
I loved this show. The stories and the characters and their voices made this show work. There are some minor complaints like how they overuse the same scenes over and over again. Because for some reason, Spidey would fight in a lab and it would look exactly like the sewers in the Lizard episode. And the censoring like anything with the vampires or the guns.

But yeah, it was one of few really great Marvel series. And I will never forget when they had the Venom saga the first showing of it and they finally reached the finale when Venom shows up and as soon as the ep came on.... THE CHANNEL BLACKED OUT! I was like WTF!!! I had to wait to see what happened in that episode like 2 years later, that hurt.

94 SVT Cobra
07-05-2007, 12:56 AM
^ dude i feel you, i had the EXACT same shit happen only instead i was at a hotel at the time and you had to check out by 11am or get charged for another night...spiderman came on AT 11, DAMN IT lol.

Dave Youell
07-05-2007, 08:21 AM
As I wasn't much of a comic book fan most of my spidey knowledge is from this show, it was and still is amazing

The Destroyer
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
It's this series (and the X-Men ones from around the same time) that are probably to blame for me becoming such a comic nerd. :(

The last series wasn't as good, but overall it was a good show. They're apparently doing a new animated Spider-Man next year, I bet it doesn't compare...