PDA

View Full Version : IYH Beware of Dog

True Brit Grit
07-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Got this on DVD this week and am watching it, but the DVD doesn't fully make clear what actually happened at the event.

So, lightening struck the building and fucked the lights, but they carried on wrestling the card in the dark for the house fans and then did the rest on Beware of Dog 2 which cuts into the DVD halfway through?

Can anyone who watched live when it happened fill me in?

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I didn't watch it live but I remember reading WWE magazine a couple months later. Basically, the matches went on as planned in the dark. Then, the next tuesday (when the first replay used to air), they gave it free to everyone who ordered the original and they showed the first and last match and then re-did the other ones live (with the same finish).

True Brit Grit
07-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Reckon they'd do anything near the same now...?

Thanks Btw

Rob
07-04-2007, 05:56 PM
There was a storm outside the building and it blew out the power supply so there was no lighting on a live show. They tried to continue but it was the shits so they did a second show with the matches that were dark 2 days later.

Having done this, I call bullshit on them saying they couldn't stop a show when Owen Hart died. They did it before when the lights went out for fuck sake.

Loose Cannon
07-04-2007, 11:58 PM
HBK and Bulldog were pissed, more so HBK, and they didn't want to go out there at all. Fans started booing HBK in the match as well. The match wasn't that great. I think about 5,000 fans paid at the gate.

HBK and Davey Boy would go on to have a great rematch right after at KOTR.

McLegend
07-05-2007, 11:59 PM
In his book HBK said there was some woman in the crowd yelling and she was really annoying. So during the match he yelled at her to shut up.

I found that funny

True Brit Grit
07-06-2007, 05:36 AM
LOL. I would loved to have seen that. You remind me of two questions I should ask.

1) How good is HBK's book? I read dozens and dozens of wrestlers books but have never read his - is it worth a look?

2) KOTR 1994 - An old woman does exactly the same as you mentioned above ALL the way through, especially at IRS, and it's REALLY loud. What a bitch. Anybody else see that?

NeanderCarl
07-06-2007, 07:44 AM
1) How good is HBK's book? I read dozens and dozens of wrestlers books but have never read his - is it worth a look?

Depends... it's very frustrating. Only really skims the surface, and coming from Shawn's perspective, glosses over or ignores a lot of his famous prima donna moments. Also, despite not being written in kayfabe, it tends to follow the company line for the most part. It's worth a read, but I wouldn't get too hopeful about it.

Ben Rodrigues
07-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Depends... it's very frustrating. Only really skims the surface, and coming from Shawn's perspective, glosses over or ignores a lot of his famous prima donna moments. Also, despite not being written in kayfabe, it tends to follow the company line for the most part. It's worth a read, but I wouldn't get too hopeful about it.

Exactly. It's all half truths and bullshit. Him never refusing to put people over is a load of crap (and Shawn Michaels is my favourite all time wrestler).

CSL
07-06-2007, 12:19 PM

<font color=white>Yup. Basically, library or pick it up in paperback.</font>

IC Champion
07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Shawn was lying when he used to say "HBK Lays down for no one", it was true you know, ask Bret and Taker.

mrslackalack
07-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I remember when that happened at the PPV. The video version showed the 2matches that were shown at the actual PPV then went to the special they had to show the other matches.

True Brit Grit
07-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Cheers, guys. I knew there was a reason I'd subconciously avoided it!

Zen v.W.o.
07-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Speaking of anoying fans, how about the one at the 97 RR? The whistler. Especially in the main event match..this guy just couldnt fucking help himself.

Rob
07-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Steve Austin's mannerisms in that Rumble was beyond awesome.

CSL
07-07-2007, 09:41 PM
<font color=white>His face and hands on head when Bret's music hit were golden.</font>

mrslackalack
07-07-2007, 09:56 PM
The electric went out right when Savio Vega was heading into the ring to face Austin in the strap match.

True Brit Grit
07-08-2007, 05:28 AM
The electric went out right when Savio Vega was heading into the ring to face Austin in the strap match.
:lol: Wow. Somebody had the right idea!

KingofOldSchool
07-08-2007, 04:57 PM

And the Irony-Meter is kicking into overdrive.

mrslackalack
07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
lol