PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Warranty extended...AGAIN

Shaggy
07-05-2007, 06:41 PM
This is kinda sad in a way but at least Microsoft is making sure they take care of their 360 customers....

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

Warranty is now 3 years after date of purchase...

Its gone from what ever it was in the beginning (90 days?) to 1 year...and now to 3 years..

Dorkchop
07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Whoah. I guess they're not really anticipating the hardware improving.

94 SVT Cobra
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Sytems of today as i see them

One totally is over priced

One is totally breaking to much.

One is totally going to make you pull a muscle and when they ask you how you did it you will be FORCED to respond with "i was playing with my wii and pulled a muscle in my arm"

Kane Knight
07-05-2007, 08:39 PM
They're probably trying to dodge a class action suit. At least they're not going the PS2 route and agreeing to do fixes, but then burying it.

Shaggy
07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
One is totally going to make you pull a muscle and when they ask you how you did it you will be FORCED to respond with "i was playing with my wii and pulled a muscle in my arm"

"How Did this happen?"

"I was playing with my wee when I pulled a muscle in my arm."

"You mean the Nintendo Wii?"

"Y-Yea...that Wii :shifty: "

Silent
07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Cool. I haven't had any problems with my 360 yet, so this will be nice in case I ever do.

Shaggy
07-05-2007, 08:43 PM
My 360 already broke once...I sent it in and they sent me one back with a messed up button on the front...Im thinking of just going back to watching DVD's on it again to mess it up just to send it in to get newer one.

Silent
07-05-2007, 08:44 PM
My 360 already broke once...I sent it in and they sent me one back with a messed up button on the front...Im thinking of just going back to watching DVD's on it again to mess it up just to send it in to get newer one.

Heh, actually now that I think of it my system did freeze up a couple times while I was trying to watch a movie I downloaded off of XBL marketplace. But it started up fine after turning it off. :o

Kane Knight
07-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Even functional systems freeze.

Mine's been shitty, but I wouldn't call a couple of freeze ups a problem.

Shaggy
07-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Just read on Yahoo! that this little extension is gonna cost Microsoft around $1 Billion.