PDA

View Full Version : 1408

Arnold HamNegger
07-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Saw it last night. Seemed like a very close cousin to "The Shining" and the previews make the movie out to be WAY better than it actually is IMO. I have to say I was disappointed. I was really into it the whole way, but the ending was just :|

:y: up for the Hermosa scenes. You could actually see a little of my apartment building from one of the ariel scenes on the beach. I'm gonna go into the post office today and see if the inside is the same as in the movie. :D

I definitely want to get the Stephen King book and read it now though. Overall, I'd recommend seeing it. Better than your typical blood & guts slasher film...pretty suspenseful and creepy at times.

Mr Regal
07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Stephen King films have endings that blow and suck at the same time....mostly. And they can slow as fuck too. I like them and hate them at the same time. Although the Langoliers can suck my fucking balls for eternity, that film was fucking awful.

I saw the trailer for this the other day. Looked quite good, but as soon as i was informed it was based on a stephen king book i came to the conclusion that, while it did look good in the trailer, the actual film would be a let down. I'll probably wait for the dvd....or just wait for the TVlink

Champion of Europa
07-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I had no expectations for it and thought it was a pretty good horror film.

Blitz
07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
It was average. I hoped for more. Shit ending too.

mitch_h
07-09-2007, 11:15 PM
"Well done Mr. Enslin"

Takes a sip of Cognac... terrible movie.

D Mac
07-09-2007, 11:27 PM
But is it worth a download?

Arnold HamNegger
07-10-2007, 12:26 AM
No electrical equipment works in the room supposedly, but the laptop works?

:wtf:

RBM
07-10-2007, 01:10 AM
It was a pretty decent movie. Nothing special of course. I actually liked the ending.

And it's not a book but a short story that this is based on.

Arnold HamNegger
07-10-2007, 01:56 AM

Ohhhhhhhhh, I'll be damned.

Kane Knight
07-10-2007, 11:31 AM
It was a pretty decent movie. Nothing special of course. I actually liked the ending.

So it;'s based on LESS shitty writing. Thank God for that.