PDA

View Full Version : 1-18-08

Blitz
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah. So if you went to see Transformers you prolly saw this trailer. The JJ Abrams flick (Doesn't even have a proper title yet. 1-18-08 is just the release date). So basically, the conceit is that apparently it's some sort of monster movie seen through handheld cameras of many different people.

No one knows exactly what it's about. I saw some rumour that it's about HP Lovecraft's Old Ones (IE Cthullu and junk), which would be cool.

Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

And there's a couple of viral websites out there as well.

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/
http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/

So. What y'all think?

DS
07-09-2007, 09:09 PM
This looks like it could be really good. I went through the EthanHaasWasRight website last night and found the videos pretty freaky.

I heard rumors of aliens which I'm hoping isn't really the case but would be alright either way.

Codenamed "Cloverfield" by the way.

Blitz
07-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah haven't really gone through the Ethan Haas websites yet.

ClockShot
07-09-2007, 09:20 PM
I figured it would be another Volcano in the city movie or something alone those lines. Really haven't paid attention or did some digging as of late.

Boondock Saint
07-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm excited for it.

Indifferent Clox
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
It looked awesome.

Vietnamese Crippler
07-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Trailer was pretty good, left my friend and I all ":wtf:" though

ron the dial
07-10-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Shaggy
07-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Trailer looked so bad ass the first time...then the 2nd time it was ok...but by the time you see it a third time and you already know that it leaves you hanging on you realize that it isnt really that good.

I will still pumped the first time I saw it....but over time its sorta drained on me.

Funky Fly
07-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I caught it. Was kinda cool.

el fregadero
07-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Pretty sure it's an asteroid hitting earth, and they're all just gonna die. End of movie.

Trailer was far out though.

Linkbowler
07-10-2007, 02:14 AM
JJ Abrams through AICN says Ethan Haas has nothing to do with the movie.

darkpower
07-10-2007, 04:50 AM
http://www.dlisted.com/files/alvinchipmunks.jpg

darkpower
07-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Seriously, though, I think it'll be a monster movie because one of the paniced women says something like its huge, and usually in the movies, there is only one asteroid (dun ask why. just movie logic).

Skippord
07-10-2007, 05:01 AM
GODZILLA

darkpower
07-10-2007, 05:06 AM
Hmm...why am I thinking, with Comcast ondemand putting Mothra on AGAIN in the free movies section, and one of the digital movie channels (Retroplex or something) playing that movie to DEATH in the early mornings, that this could be the Godzilla's cousin, Mothra, getting the American treatment here?

Kane Knight
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Great idea! They've also been playing the Hell out of Zatoichi! Maybe there's a blind samurai movie in the works!

darkpower
07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Great idea! They've also been playing the Hell out of Zatoichi! Maybe there's a blind samurai movie in the works!

Not even sure what that is....just thinking.

Joey Slugs
07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
JJ Abrams through AICN says Ethan Haas has nothing to do with the movie.

They are treating "Ethan Haas" as a real person. It's viral marketing.

Kane Knight
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Not even sure what that is....just thinking.

As I alluded to right in that post, Zatoichi is a flick about a blind samurai. Didn't think it needed any more explaining than that.

Comcast plays the Hell out of movies.

darkpower
07-10-2007, 03:33 PM
As I alluded to right in that post, Zatoichi is a flick about a blind samurai. Didn't think it needed any more explaining than that.

Comcast plays the Hell out of movies.

Read that, but didn't really see it....never heard of the movie, though.

Seriously, though, something that we've seen a ton opf might be a prime canidate to be remade.

Hell, they got a live action Underdog movie coming up...they can remake and redo ANYTHING anymore.

Kane Knight
07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Definitely not Mothra, BTW. Cthulhu is a lot more likely.

Kane Knight
07-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Read that, but didn't really see it....never heard of the movie, though.

Seriously, though, something that we've seen a ton opf might be a prime canidate to be remade.

Hell, they got a live action Underdog movie coming up...they can remake and redo ANYTHING anymore.

It's not "anymore," that's a MO colloquailism.

Also, that's the dumbest logic I ever seen anyone use ever. Sorry for the redundancy, it was for effect. Seriously. And I'm just going to leave it at that, because this thread, and the promotion is interesting, and you are not.

Come back when you're up to speed. HINT: Looking at either of the websites above will get you somewhere remotely up to speed, especially regarding why they think it might be Lovecraft, and why "anything is possible" is so phenomenally stupid a reason.

UmbrellaCorporation
07-10-2007, 04:51 PM
For some reason, I kept thinking Voltron when I saw this trailer.

Jeritron
07-10-2007, 05:19 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Sounded like Godzilla to be honest, but it seems too soon for that type of shit to come out.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

darkpower
07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
It's not "anymore," that's a MO colloquailism.

Also, that's the dumbest logic I ever seen anyone use ever. Sorry for the redundancy, it was for effect. Seriously. And I'm just going to leave it at that, because this thread, and the promotion is interesting, and you are not.

Come back when you're up to speed. HINT: Looking at either of the websites above will get you somewhere remotely up to speed, especially regarding why they think it might be Lovecraft, and why "anything is possible" is so phenomenally stupid a reason.

You know I'm going to answer to you because I never let anyone have the last word.

If I didn't watch the goddamn trailer (which I did), then how in the fucking hell would I be able to recite what one person said in that motherfucking thing? You obviously don't know how to read. No, wait, I forgot, you proven that you were dropped on the head as a goddamn baby in the TF thread, since you couldn't read there, either, you dumbfuck. (In all fairness, though, no one could in there and just thought they knew what the fuck they were talking about and acted like they read my goddamn posts).

Now, I'm only guessing at what the fuck it is. I could be wrong, or do you really want to be right every single fucking time you post, so you mock what you can't explain. Even if I made some sort of wild guess (and yes, it is an educated wild guess, but still, wanted to say that in case you decide to nitpick shit like you normally do), it was better than the shit you are trying to guess.

And what you said about logic? What the fucking hell? What I said was something different, because, since we're going on the logic that you can't fucking read, I had said that anything that was being shown on cable to death might be a prime canidate for what this actually is. Did in any of this mean that I thought I was the only one that was right? Where in that did you read something that wasn't there?

I'm sure someone is going to neg rep me over this, too, like I've been getting because some people can't handle differenting opinions (i.e. Chris Benoit) or think that I'm some sort of retard or something, so I'll make this short and brief:

IT'S JUST A GODDAMN, MOTHERFUCKING GUESS!!! JESUS MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN CHRIST!!!

ron the dial
07-10-2007, 05:58 PM
If you were trying to keep it short and brief, you should have only posted that last part.

darkpower
07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
If you were trying to keep it short and brief, you should have only posted that last part.

Yeah, I could have, but then SOME PEOPLE would still not actually know orcare what was actually said (like alot of people have been doing with my posts lately. Not reading them and then pretend to know what I actually said and think they have all the answers and they HAVE to prove me wrong based on what they "know" I said). So I just explained it so the Jerry's kids in here can actually SEE that.

Fignuts
07-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Darkpower eats paste.

Mr Regal
07-10-2007, 07:31 PM
So from those two websites it looks like an alien invasion, or something like that. Although in the trailer some chap shout "it's alive, its huge" or something.

Probably be quite entertaining whatever it is. That second puzzle was a pain in my ass:mad: as is the third:foc:

Kane Knight
07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/im7wWMVzIyg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/im7wWMVzIyg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Found someone looking more retarded than dp.

Mr Regal
07-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Flip it....FLIP IT:foc:

ron the dial
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/im7wWMVzIyg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

Found someone looking more retarded than dp. lol sithooloo

Serioulsy, this guy is fucking ridiculous. "Everything is divisible by 3 OMG!!!!"

Mr Regal
07-10-2007, 08:35 PM
The funniest bit was the bitching about giving credit were credit is due...K people?

What a peen.

Blue Demon
07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
looks like it could be interesting.

Kane Knight
07-10-2007, 10:36 PM
LOL. I saw someone suggest Voltron.

IT'S JUST A GUESS, DAMMIT! AND WHY DIDN'T THEY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE GOOD GUYS IN THE TRANSFORMERS AD?

Kalyx triaD
07-11-2007, 01:19 AM
If the whole movie plays out on that cam, it could be very cool and scary experience.

Lara Emily
07-11-2007, 04:50 AM
LMAO @ the guy pronouncing cthullu as Sithulu

Mr Regal
07-11-2007, 05:44 AM
On having a look at the Haas sites (especially the one with the sanscript posts) and reading a bit about Cthullu And it's arabic cult, I would say that looks like a good bet.

Danny Electric
07-11-2007, 06:41 AM
According to Imdb.com they are refering to the monster as 'The Parasite'

Kane Knight
07-11-2007, 09:42 AM
On having a look at the Haas sites (especially the one with the sanscript posts) and reading a bit about Cthullu And it's arabic cult, I would say that looks like a good bet.

If, of course, Ethan Haas and the movie trailer are connected. There's speculation both ways, and no real hard evidence.

Mr Regal
07-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Well apparently Paramount have been pulling clips of the trailer and film of the website off Youtube. Doesn't mean they are definitely linked, i would be suprised if they weren't.

Kane Knight
07-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Well apparently Paramount have been pulling clips of the trailer and film of the website off Youtube. Doesn't mean they are definitely linked, i would be suprised if they weren't.

The "pulled clips" are currently up, and I'm yet to see proof that it was PAramount who pulled them, if they indeed were pulled.

I'm a little skeptical about such information. However, the odds of these viral sites coming online just in time to seemingly promote a movie with no name....

We'll find out in August. Hopefully. That's when Ethanhaaswasright.com will be updated.

Mr Regal
07-12-2007, 05:40 AM
I can't wait!

I actually got bored on the third puzzle. Knowing me i will never go back to finish it. Someone will have to post an update. Put it in the diary people.

Kane Knight
07-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I can't wait!

I actually got bored on the third puzzle. Knowing me i will never go back to finish it. Someone will have to post an update. Put it in the diary people.Well, you can see all the videos on youtube.

So unless you really have an urge to play puzzles 4 and 5, you can just watch the videos.

JT
07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
My friends and I have been thinking it could be a Gamera movie, but I guess Lovecraft makes sense as well.

darkpower
07-12-2007, 04:56 PM

Paramount is owned by Viacom, who thinks that YouTube is the spawn of satan for some reason and wants anything that could be remotely related to anything remotely related to Viacom to be removed, being WAY stubborn to ever try to come to terms with YouTube on ANY comprimise, and YouTube, being pussies, go and just do whatever they tell them to instead of trying to fight them.

So that's what they are doing. Just using that excuse.

Kane Knight
07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Paramount is owned by Viacom, who thinks that YouTube is the spawn of satan for some reason and wants anything that could be remotely related to anything remotely related to Viacom to be removed, being WAY stubborn to ever try to come to terms with YouTube on ANY comprimise, and YouTube, being pussies, go and just do whatever they tell them to instead of trying to fight them.

So that's what they are doing. Just using that excuse.

Except the trailers weren't pulled down, or are back up. That flies right in the face of your logic.

Do you ever apply logic, or attempt critical thinking?

darkpower
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Except the trailers weren't pulled down, or are back up. That flies right in the face of your logic.

Do you ever apply logic, or attempt critical thinking?
All I did was say what was on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

As Transformers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%28film%29) showed high tracking numbers before its release, Paramount decided to release a teaser for "Cloverfield" before the film to build hype. The teaser footage is shot with a hand-held camera to emulate a home-movie style, and did not reveal the name of the film, but showed a release date of January 18 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_18), 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008) for the film. It is not yet verified if the film will carry the same style. The teaser was leaked onto YouTube (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube) by people who recorded it with camcorders, but Paramount invoked its copyright claim to have the links removed.<sup class="reference" id="_ref-rolls_6">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield#_note-rolls)</sup> Paramount eventually made the teaser trailer available to the public at Apple.com (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple.com). Following the teaser's release, USA Today (among other outlets and media blogs) reported the hype among moviegoers regarding the lack of title in its screening and the background of the film itself.<sup class="reference" id="_ref-myst_0">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield#_note-myst)</sup>

Kane Knight
07-12-2007, 06:33 PM
So you're plagiarising a notoriously shitty source without any thinking?

Wow, that was a retty dumb defense...DO you eat paste?

Jon Kano
07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
As soon as I read about this on IMDB I was all over the trailer like a pig in shit, it looks fuckin' sweet as.

Dunno how people are thinking a fucking asteroid, the explosion came from the Earth, and there was the roaring, like a living thing.

Maybe this is his tie-in movie with Lost?

Can't wait though, I'm beginning to like this JJ guy esp after Lost.

Kane Knight
07-12-2007, 11:47 PM
All I did was say what was on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

By the way, DP, I'm failing to see the bit in what you quoted about the Ethan Haas trailers also being taken down. We were talking about how the EH videos were pulled. Oh, right, you probably saw it on the Ethan Haas Wiki.

Anyway, a good step towards not being a retard is not relying on Wikipedia as a source. Even if someone on there claims that the EH videos were removed, they're up. And if that shit you were spewing is true, they shouldn't be. Because that would mean either Paramount compromised, or Youtube stood up to them. Which is what made it so phenomoneally stupid in the first place, because the clips are up there. And we're not even talking the 1-18-08 clip.

Kris P Lettus
07-12-2007, 11:53 PM
I saw this trailer tonight.. I first though it was gonna be a new Godzilla movie (or something like that) and they were just using the "hand held" look to get people talking.. It'll be pretty cool if they can pull off a whole movie like that.. I know Blair Witch did it, but it was shit.. This looks sweet..

Kane Knight
07-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Blair witch also didn't have a big budget, computer graphics, or JJ Abrams. All things in favor of this being better. however, I'm not sure the eentire movie will be like this.

http://www.1-18-08.com/

New pic up.

darkpower
07-13-2007, 02:51 AM
By the way, DP, I'm failing to see the bit in what you quoted about the Ethan Haas trailers also being taken down. We were talking about how the EH videos were pulled. Oh, right, you probably saw it on the Ethan Haas Wiki.

Anyway, a good step towards not being a retard is not relying on Wikipedia as a source. Even if someone on there claims that the EH videos were removed, they're up. And if that shit you were spewing is true, they shouldn't be. Because that would mean either Paramount compromised, or Youtube stood up to them. Which is what made it so phenomoneally stupid in the first place, because the clips are up there. And we're not even talking the 1-18-08 clip.

You have a point about Wiki being shitty lately. I know of this first hand. I do know about the Viacom bullshit, and if YT told them to suck it, then good for them (I have a parody of a South Park skit on there, and it's under fair use, though that apparently means shit to Viacom as I've heard some people had their videos that had nothing to do with any Viacom shit be removed because of copyright infringment).

My original basis was more of a "I hope it is because I would like to see it" kind of thing. More of hopeful thinking than anything...though I don't think the "Jerry's kids" insult helped me any in saying that.

Either way, the trailers, regardless, look kick ass and I am anxious to know more about this movie.

Kris P Lettus
07-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Blair witch also didn't have a big budget, computer graphics, or JJ Abrams. All things in favor of this being better. however, I'm not sure the eentire movie will be like this.

http://www.1-18-08.com/

New pic up.
The only thing I compared it to Blair Witch is the single camera "hand held" camcorder look..

But thanks for trying to argue..

Kane Knight
07-13-2007, 09:24 AM
The only thing I compared it to Blair Witch is the single camera "hand held" camcorder look..

But thanks for trying to argue..

I wasn't arguing, fucktard. In fact, I was agreeing right up to the point where I said I'm not sure the movie was going to be entirely like that. And even then, it wasn't argument, so much as statement.

:y:

Good job.

Danny Electric
07-13-2007, 10:15 AM
so, it's a parasite :shifty:

Mr Regal
07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
P A R A S I T E

Kane Knight
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
so, it's a parasite :shifty:

Doubting that. The Parasite was done deliberately to cash in on the movie, but nothing about this screams parasite, either from the trailer or Ethan Haas (assuming any relation).

It was a sham to sell cornhole equipment.

Mr Regal
07-13-2007, 12:03 PM
The bastards:mad:

Kane Knight
07-13-2007, 12:23 PM
It's funny. The Parasite is the only other place I've come across cornhole. TPWW being the first.

Mr Regal
07-13-2007, 11:16 PM
TPWW rules

Kane Knight
07-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah, where would I be without knowing about these nigger games?

Kane Knight
07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
New picture on the site.

Fignuts
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I thought it was a trailer for the hulk at first.

94 SVT Cobra
07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
LOL, this is actually on my birthday. as if people didnt remember in the first place....thanks JJ

El Fangel
07-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Lovecraft is the tits

Supreme Olajuwon
07-24-2007, 11:50 PM
This is probably completely off base and more of a discussion point than an actual theory so feel free to point out flaws, but that slusho website that's been put up has a story about the creation of their drink and it talks about how some guy found this chemical at the bottom of the ocean and it turned him from a small fish into a huge whale. Maybe this is just a way to fuck with people but maybe it could be a sign that they are planning on doing a giant monster angle.

or whatever

Nowhere Man
07-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Regardless of whatever the hell this movie turns out to be, I'm liking the fact that someone's (at least seemingly) bringing back giant-monster movies.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Also stupid question but is the Statue of Liberty's head really that small?

94 SVT Cobra
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
dude, i was wondering the same thing^

Mr Regal
07-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Her nickname is pinhead, they still take the piss out of her in france!

Kane Knight
07-25-2007, 10:15 PM
LOL, this is actually on my birthday. as if people didnt remember in the first place....thanks JJ

LOL. So they're makjing a movie about you?

Kane Knight
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
This is probably completely off base and more of a discussion point than an actual theory so feel free to point out flaws, but that slusho website that's been put up has a story about the creation of their drink and it talks about how some guy found this chemical at the bottom of the ocean and it turned him from a small fish into a huge whale. Maybe this is just a way to fuck with people but maybe it could be a sign that they are planning on doing a giant monster angle.

or whatever

I think you just siccinctly stated the obvious.

Anyway, the Slusho site sounds very Lovecraftian.

Kane Knight
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Not even remotely close. You can fit like 20 people in there with elbow room for all.

My guess is it's a placehold graphic.

FearedSanctity
07-25-2007, 11:48 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/PimptasticG/000_9511.jpg

Mr Regal
07-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Where's that from?

FearedSanctity
07-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Some Frank & Son collectible thing. Picture was taken by a guy from Unfiction's message board. There's more information and higher-res pictures here...

http://www.cloverfieldparasite.blogspot.com/

Kane Knight
07-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Calling BS.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Do you think there's any importance to the way the debris shoots up from the explosion in the trailer? When I first saw the trailer it looked to me like there was that big fireball and then a bunch of conscious objects flying away from the explosion. It reminded me a little of the Goblin in the 1st Spiderman movie.

Kane Knight
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I idn't particularly find them to be anything more than debris, but we'll see.

Kane Knight
07-27-2007, 12:21 PM
LOL. On the Ethan Haas blog, someone was confirming this was shot in a mall near him based on the presence of military uniforms.

Kane Knight
07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
New pic. Looks like the shot was taken in a mirror. 12:04 AM, so early on.

Kris P Lettus
07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Calling BS.

Specially since the pic was taken May 22, 2025..

:roll:

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2007, 07:49 PM
You know what confuses me about the pictures?

At 12:04, everything is normal.

At 1:24, the military is there.

Like our military would respond that quickly....

Kane Knight
07-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Are you kidding? According to Truthers, you can intercept a plane in an hour!

No, but it's a movie, so I expect some stretching of reality.

Mr Regal
07-29-2007, 05:37 PM
slusho

Kane Knight
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
So Ethan HAas now plugs a RPG called AlphaOmega, though the site seems odd to me.

Mr Regal
08-02-2007, 11:40 PM
S L U S H O

Kane Knight
08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
What are you trying to tell us, Mister Regal?

Mr Regal
08-03-2007, 11:24 AM
http://www.slusho.jp/

Kane Knight
08-03-2007, 12:00 PM
So is there anything new there, or are you just telling us what we already knew in a cryptic way, and repeating it for some unbeknownst and possibly stupid reason?

Mr Regal
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah that!

Kane Knight
08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
So...About AlphaOmega. Looks hot. Ethan Haas was right.

Adder
08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Loks like a 3 fingered (claw) hand that slapped the head off of the Statue of Liberty.

In the trailer someone said it's alive.

Looks kinda cool I guess, but they aren't really grabbing me enough with their cryptic blogs. Like I don't care enough to try to understand them. Poor marketing, imo

Kane Knight
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Loks like a 3 fingered (claw) hand that slapped the head off of the Statue of Liberty.

In the trailer someone said it's alive.

Looks kinda cool I guess, but they aren't really grabbing me enough with their cryptic blogs. Like I don't care enough to try to understand them. Poor marketing, imo

A lot of different things have been heard i nthe stead of "It's alive."

Also, the blogs aren't For Cloverfield. Unless this Alpha Omega Game is furthering the deception.

A lot of people are pissed tyhat EWR and so on are plugging a RPG.

Champion of Europa
08-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, Ethan Haas has nothing to do with Cloverfield/Slusho/Monstrous/Overnight

Kane Knight
08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Ethan Haas has nothing to do with Cloverfield/Slusho/Monstrous/Overnight

The connection was dubious to begin with, but it's definitely not the case now.

Pissed off a lot of film nerds, though. :y:

Innovator
08-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Alpha Omega looks sweet though

Kane Knight
08-05-2007, 09:49 PM
It does. I wish there was more info, though.

Hanso Amore
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I get the feeling that while all signs point to a monster attack on the city, somehow we get fucked into a movie where we never actually see the monster in full effect as the camera will be running and have bad views, and we will never learn any back story, or anything after the attack. Just a movie in the here and now. You know what I mean? That would be a major let down.

Imagine it ending up being " whats what?! OMG run! What was it?" the end.

Kane Knight
08-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I seriously doubt that, but if that happened....

Hanso Amore
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I seriously doubt that, but if that happened....

I doubt it, but I could see it. How many people saw Primeval thinking they were going to see a serial killer who killed 300+ people, then left when they saw a fucking Croc.

How many people saw the Village thinking they were going to see a scary movie with a kick ass twist, and got a piece of shit that I walked out on.

This movie seems to be a cant miss hit with the amount of Viral ARG buzz it has. people are foaming at the mouth hoping for more. How often doesn't hollywood let us down?

Kane Knight
08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I doubt it, but I could see it. How many people saw Primeval thinking they were going to see a serial killer who killed 300+ people, then left when they saw a fucking Croc.

How many people saw the Village thinking they were going to see a scary movie with a kick ass twist, and got a piece of shit that I walked out on.

This movie seems to be a cant miss hit with the amount of Viral ARG buzz it has. people are foaming at the mouth hoping for more. How often doesn't hollywood let us down?

I know. I'm just saying I doubt it. Definitely possible.

BTW, LOL at these guys on the Ethan Haas Was Wrong blog...

<dl id="comments-block"><dt class="comment-author" id="comment-8049954126331731124">[/URL]</dt><dt id="comment-8049954126331731124" class="comment-author">[URL="http://www.blogger.com/profile/15975291382025679929"]Naves (http://www.blogger.com/profile/15975291382025679929) said... </dt><dd class="comment-body"> And to think i missed school and work because of your bullshit FALSE MARKETING METHODS... you know I'm actually going to talk to my brother in law if there can be a law suit brought up.
</dd><dd class="comment-body">
</dd></dl>I'd love to see that turn into a lawsuit.

"I assumed they were related, but they weren't...You owe me money!"

RoXer
11-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Any news on this yet?

Boondock Saint
11-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Apparently a new trailer revealing the actual title will be attached to Beowulf.

94 SVT Cobra
11-01-2007, 08:25 PM
if you watch the trailer close enough you see the monster for a split second, that explosion that happens....is actually a creature look close and for a SECOND you can see the face.

Kane Knight
11-01-2007, 08:27 PM
if you watch the trailer close enough you see the monster for a split second, that explosion that happens....is actually a creature look close and for a SECOND you can see the face.

Stills?

FearedSanctity
11-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Devin over at CHUD (http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12367) has seen the trailer for the upcoming JJ Abrams-produced monster movie code-named Cloverfield/1-18-08. The trailer which runs 2 minutes and 16 seconds will debut in front of Beowulf and will feature the final title for the movie (we reported this earlier in the week). So what is the title?

Cloverfield

CHUD also has a description of the trailer, which doesn’t feature much information (if I was you, I’d wait to see it on the big screen, as it seems like more like a trailer you want t experience) but it does confirm that the movie features a big monster (”We see the big monster briefly passing between two buildings. I couldn’t make it out at all, but it appeared to be HUGE.”) and smaller creatures, and that the video tape is eventually found in Central Park (as we reported during the last days of production).

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/10/31/cloverfield-title-finally-revealed-movie-trailer-description-online/

Xerzes
11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Make us wait six months for a name, and it's..what we already thought it was. Yay?

Blitz
11-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Cloverfield could just be a placeholder until the trailer officially hits.

The Naitch
11-05-2007, 12:40 AM
half lion half dragon

a sea monster

The Naitch
11-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Am I the only one who's actually figured this out? J.J. Abrams got the idea for the movie after leaving a Godzilla toy store, the sound of the monsters 'roar' has even been heard in a previous movie (And not in a Godzilla flick) more than once. The monster will be a type of mutated whale, seeing as the 'roar' is a Blue Whale's call modified.

The Naitch
11-05-2007, 12:44 AM
FREAKZILLA

The Naitch
11-05-2007, 12:45 AM
it's power rangers! yay

The Naitch
11-05-2007, 12:55 AM
http://godzilla.monstrous.com/orga_small.jpg

The Naitch
11-05-2007, 12:55 AM
http://www.cloverfield-movie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/poster1.jpg

^Looks fake

http://www.jjabrams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/1_18_08_poster.jpg

Mr Regal
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
It's so obviously ManBearPig you idiots:roll:

Supreme Olajuwon
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
has anybody checked out the tagruato corp website

more stuff about the ocean and marine research off the Japanese coast

I don't know, if it is a sea monster from Japan, why would it end up in New York?

Kane Knight
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Most Americans won't know the difference, given we can't even find Canadia on the map.

Innovator
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
It's so obviously ManBearPig you idiots:roll:It's the Christmas Critters

Kane Knight
11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I hope if they show any of the old footage, they fix the Statue of Liberty's head.

RoXer
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't know, if it is a sea monster from Japan, why would it end up in New York?

It swam there. :roll:

Blitz
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

Kane Knight
11-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

Fucking sweeeet.

Mr Regal
11-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Ok so big monster with little monsters too then! The build up to this film is gonna more enjoyable than the actual movie.

Kane Knight
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok so big monster with little monsters too then! The build up to this film is gonna more enjoyable than the actual movie.

I think that's true of a lot of movies though, good or bad.

Mr Regal
12-16-2007, 02:19 PM
<object id="W47657b1b76ea5dff" width="400" height="300" quality="high" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/475a0f5f7f2007c8/47657b1b76ea5dff" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/475a0f5f7f2007c8/47657b1b76ea5dff" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashvars" value="" /></object>

Kane Knight
12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Meh.

RoXer
12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Looks fun.