PDA

View Full Version : Raw spoiler (i think) match build up opinions

HeartBreakMan2k
02-26-2004, 09:29 PM
I've been thinking about WrestleMania's 3 interpromotional matches announced on raw, and something is missing to me. There really hasn't been any pride in individual shows.

Two matches can't really have Raw fans backing Raw stars, Smackdown fans backing Smackdown stars. I mean, Taker is going to be the face over Kane, period. Stacey/Jackie vs Torrie/Sable is a pure T&A match, so both teams are going to be cheered.

HOWEVER, Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg could have fans cheer people based on shows. WWE needs to figure out a way to book this match so that going into WrestleMania, both are faces on their respective shows.

Anyone else feel their should be unity in shows for at least this one match?

-Sorry if I didn't type this out as well as I would have liked, just kind of rushed.

Innovator
02-26-2004, 09:32 PM
The most pride I've seen is from Michael Cole and Tazz, they're bias in favor of Lesnar.

Taker and Kane can't have any bias in it, considering Kane can't be cheered right now against the returning Undertaker. It would kill the return of the Undertaker if he was being booed.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-26-2004, 09:34 PM
The most pride I've seen is from Michael Cole and Tazz, they're bias in favor of Lesnar..

Well Taz is. Cole, I haven't noticed a lot from him.

I just think they need to push Brock and Berg as faces on their respective shows, maybe not so much in them acting like faces, but more of people treating them like faces, if that makes any sense.

Mikey
02-26-2004, 10:11 PM
I have noticed alot of backing by Cole and Tazz for Lesnar at NWO (The only Smackdown I get to see is PPVs :( )

Boondock Saint
02-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah I remember the Smackdown after NWO, when they showed highlights of Goldberg attacking Lesnar, Cole was saying something like "Who does Golderbg think he is?" or something along the bias of that.

Corkscrewed
02-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Cole and Tazz have done a great job attacking RAW. They've gone as far as to back Lesnar. So that's pretty cool.

Lesnar is NOT a face right now and will probably remain heel. It wouldn't make sense for him to turn face AGAIN. He'll probably get cheered though, in a possible Hogan/Rock type of a moment. After Wrestlemania, Brock should remain a heel.

Rock Bottom
02-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Triple H does all the work when it comes to RAW bias. But I agree, Cole and Taz are doing good in supporting Lesnar. At first, I thought the two weren't so great, but I think they're going a great job.

Back to the subject at hand, I think Lesnar vs. Goldberg is going to have mixed emotions, but probably Goldberg as a face. However, there are fans out there that really hate Goldberg. I noticed that on footage following his match with The Rock at Backlash. The fans weren't really receptive. So it's hard to say. Then again, Brock Lesnar isn't The Rock as far as being over with fans. I think Goldberg will remain the face though. They *could* change it, but I wouldn't see any reason to. Things like fine the way they are. Plus Lesnar will need some good over-status with a win over Goldberg as a heel to put himself back over. Brock didn't look weak or anything, but he did sacrafice a certain amount of his heat for Eddie's sake. And I applaud Brock for doing the same that the guys that jobbed to/rubbed him did.

Kane vs. Undertaker - Taker is going to make everyone mark out man. There is no chance for Kane to look face here.

The Divas match will be a joke. People will just chant 'puppies' and sh</>it.