PDA

View Full Version : ECW Title Idea: CM Punk VS Stevie Richards (ECW Spoilers)

Rammsteinmad
07-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Okay, so on ECW on Sci Fi this week CM Punk beat Stevie Richards AGAIN (for the 7th time I believe).

Just an idea I had is that they should build a title fued around these two.

Obviously somewhere down the line CM Punk will win the title. With Punk and Nitro being the two top names (and Elijah Burke firmly making a name for himself), ECW seems like the place to be where the roided up big man isn't always the champion.

Stevie Richards could make a challenge and have Punk just laugh in his face. He could say how "I've beaten you so many times, you should just lay down and get it over with" or something.

Stevie can say how in 3 weeks (or whatever) at the PPV he is gonna show the world. ("I'll show you, you'll see..." that kinda thing).

Over the next few weeks they can air video clips of Stevie training. They can try and make these slightly comedic, so that we think Richards is way in over his head.

Come the PPV, let these two go at it at least 20 minutes, and let 'em both work their asses off. Richards can go like he's never gone before and really shock everyone. After a stellar performance, have Punk win. But have him and Richards shake hands. He can congratulate Richards on surprising everyone and offer him a rematch etc.

Great matches. Great fued. AND it builds up Richards on ECW. He'll always be a jobber on Raw or Smackdown, but on ECW they could have a chance to make something of Richards.

Feedback?

BigDaddyCool
07-11-2007, 12:30 PM
So, make Stevie the jobber of ECW?

ttetf
07-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Stevie Richards doesn't strike me as the Rocky Balboa of ECW...

Theo Dious
07-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Anything that elevates Big Stevie Cool is fine with me.

Theo Dious
07-11-2007, 01:57 PM
So, make Stevie the jobber of ECW?

Jobber of ECW/Jobber of Raw/Jobber of Smackdown all > TNA World Champion

07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Stevie Richards doesn't strike me as the Rocky Balboa of ECW...

He'll show us. We'll see.

DAMN iNATOR
07-11-2007, 02:58 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhRBRPQhCNU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhRBRPQhCNU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Stickman
07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Why does everybody have a throbbing bonner for Stevie Richards?

KingofOldSchool
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
STEVIE NIGHT HEAT

Jordan
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Watch the main event of Barley Legal, ECW's first PPV.

Anybody Thrilla
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Stevie looked pretty good on Tuesday, but I dunno, I could never take him seriously as a title contender.

Xero
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Why does everybody have a throbbing bonner for Stevie Richards?
What's a bonner?

Gray
07-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Isnt a Bonner that thing Stewie Griffin from Family Guy referred to? Cant quite remember, hmmm!

Anybody Thrilla
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Spelling error aside, Richards really isn't all that exciting.

Juan
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Okay, so on ECW on Sci Fi this week CM Punk beat Stevie Richards AGAIN (for the 7th time I believe).

Just an idea I had is that they should build a title fued around these two.

Obviously somewhere down the line CM Punk will win the title. With Punk and Nitro being the two top names (and Elijah Burke firmly making a name for himself), ECW seems like the place to be where the roided up big man isn't always the champion.

Stevie Richards could make a challenge and have Punk just laugh in his face. He could say how "I've beaten you so many times, you should just lay down and get it over with" or something.

Stevie can say how in 3 weeks (or whatever) at the PPV he is gonna show the world. ("I'll show you, you'll see..." that kinda thing).

Over the next few weeks they can air video clips of Stevie training. They can try and make these slightly comedic, so that we think Richards is way in over his head.

Come the PPV, let these two go at it at least 20 minutes, and let 'em both work their asses off. Richards can go like he's never gone before and really shock everyone. After a stellar performance, have Punk win. But have him and Richards shake hands. He can congratulate Richards on surprising everyone and offer him a rematch etc.

Great matches. Great fued. AND it builds up Richards on ECW. He'll always be a jobber on Raw or Smackdown, but on ECW they could have a chance to make something of Richards.

Feedback?

That would be AWESOME :y:

Nowhere Man
07-11-2007, 08:45 PM
What's a bonner?

He's the lead singer of U-2, right?

Mooияakeя™
07-11-2007, 08:52 PM
He's the lead singer of U-2, right?

lol.

Getting Bono wrong just had me searching for this clip:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vbAPXkQMd_s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vbAPXkQMd_s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Partridge rules.

Nark Order
07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
wtf. Richards is the veteran, not Punk. They should've done this the other way around a long while ago (with the title not being involved). Stevie can no longer be taken seriously, ever. They ruined him. It would be like if Funaki got the chance to be in the title picture. It wouldn't make sense and nobody would buy it.

Mooияakeя™
07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
wtf. Richards is the veteran, not Punk. They should've done this the other way around a long while ago (with the title not being involved). Stevie can no longer be taken seriously, ever. They ruined him. It would be like if Funaki got the chance to be in the title picture. It wouldn't make sense and nobody would buy it.

Yeah, that's so true. They really did ruin him. Though I'd like them to at least give it an attempt. ECW could get so much more into their shows. I swear somewhere someone said it was like a proving ground for talent.

Well ffs, let them PROVE it then. There's more action on fuckin Heat.

Nowhere Man
07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Stevie's been "ruined" as a serious title contender for years. He's great as a comedy gimmick, and comedy gimmicks are usually jobbers. Unfortunate but true.

Rammsteinmad
07-12-2007, 02:21 AM

That's kinda the whole point of my angle... Punk laughs at Richards for making the challenge, and we're all made to believe that it'll be a 2 minute squash job...

Then obviously have him prove us wrong by putting up a really great fight.

Anybody Thrilla
07-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Well, one GLARING point that nobody has mentioned yet is that CM Punk is a babyface. What the hell kind of babyface makes fun of people for not being worthy? IF this were to work, Punk would have to turn heel, and Stevie would have to.........well, Stevie would have to generate any type of heat WHATSOEVER.

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2007, 04:44 AM
That sounds like a really good idea to me. It doesn't need to lead to a big World Title win, or anything, but it gives Stevie something to do, and a nice little program as a "thank you" to all his work over the years. It also gives his tank a little more juice, so when he goes back to solely being used to put guys over, it will mean a little more.

I don't see why Richards can't be used as a substancial babyface, or something. I've always liked the guy, he's always been a solid talker, and a better than average worker.

I don't get the arguement that "Wrestler X will never be taken seriously!" The whole point of these kind of scenarios is to play off that, and to alter that perception.

CM Punk may be a face, but technically Richards is a heel, still. Richards challenging Punk and promising to make him see his real talent would be like the 2002 Royal Rumble angle between The Rock and Chris Jericho, where Jericho delivered that awesome promo and cut The Rock off during his "If ya smell-ell-l-l-l..." shtick by reminding The Rock that "This is not a joke! I am not a joke!"

Everyone would expect Punk to get the dominant victory, and the match would probably be advertised as a mid-card attraction, with Punk being a nice guy and granting a shot to someone from the lower regions of the ECW roster. Richards then surprises everyone, and earns Punk's respect, and hopefully the fans respect, leading to a face turn.

You could also have it revealed who trained Richards, and provided him with the skills to go toe-to-toe with Punk. I guess he could be a self-made man, and just play a babyface role from then on, but it could lead into Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker and Big Daddy V forming another incarnation of The New Breed against Punk, Richards, Tommy Dreamer and Balls Mahoney as the ECW Originals. Johnny Nitro would still be in the title picture, but probably as more of a tweener, who just believes himself to be God's gift to ECW.

Stickman
07-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Richards sucked way back in WCW, why would he be any good now?

07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, one GLARING point that nobody has mentioned yet is that CM Punk is a babyface. What the hell kind of babyface makes fun of people for not being worthy? IF this were to work, Punk would have to turn heel, and Stevie would have to.........well, Stevie would have to generate any type of heat WHATSOEVER.

Afterlife
07-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Richards sucked way back in WCW, why would he be any good now?

Because you're still wrong?

Rammsteinmad
07-14-2007, 10:14 AM
For anyone who needs proof:

April 3rd 2007
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFyg5QpyNdo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFyg5QpyNdo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

July 10th 2007
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oqEE-F930YA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oqEE-F930YA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seriously, these two could have an awesome storyline if they were allowed to, and if Stevie didn't have to lose every single match. The chemistry is definitely there. :y:

JT
07-14-2007, 01:17 PM

Ummm...one of the greatest moments in ECW was Mikey Whipreck winning the ECW Championship, and he was the biggest jobber in the federation.

Juan
07-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Stevie needs to hook back up with Victoria. :y:

James Steele
07-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Great booking can overcome any past assumption, but that is WWE's downfall.

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Great booking can overcome any past assumption, but that is WWE's downfall.

Thank you! That is sig worthy. I won't change my sig, because I am lazy, but rep will come of that statement. :y:

In the matches Rammsteinmad posted, I still think that Richards should have won the first one, using Punk's injuries stemming from Money in the Bank as an excuse.

There is always a way to make someone something in the fixed sport that is professional wrestling, and there are many ways to transfer Richards from his current role into something with a little more prominence. Rammsteinmad had a great idea, and here is just another lesser one to throw out there.

Steven Richards comes out one week, and cuts a promo (something he is vastly underrated at), maybe during one the Extreme Expose's shit. Richards reminds everyone that he headlined the first ECW PPV, and that he is sick and tired of being overlooked, especially by the washed up ECW Originals who haven't kept in their primes like Richards has. He can finish with the lines "I'm taking over! I'll show you, you'll see!" The Miz takes exception to Richards interrupting the Extreme Expose, and he and Richards have a little match, which Richards wins with a clean pinfall after a Stevie Kick out of nowhere.

The next week, Little Guido is challenged to a match by Richards, as he is a former ECW Original, and Richards wants to go over every Original on his way back to the top. Guido accepts his challenge, but has to submit to Richards when the bigger man gets Guido in The Rat Trap (Full Nelson Camel Clutch). The next week is Balls Mahoney's turn, and Richards pins Mahoney with the Stevie Kick. The following week is Tommy Dreamer, and the Stevie Kick followed by the Stevie-T finishes for Richards, who has defeated a former World Champion.

Joey Styles makes a big deal about Richards getting four wins in a row, one of which over a former World Champion. Richards comes out and says that his run to the top has been going flawlessly so far, and that he is showing us like he promised he would. Cue CM Punk's music, who reminds Richards that everytime they've wrestled Punk has been victorious. At this point in time, Punk could be the ECW World Champion. Richards says that he will only agree to face Punk again if the ECW Title is on the line. Punk agrees, and we end up in the very same situation as Rammsteinmad suggested in his scenario: Punk vs. Richards for the ECW World Title.

Afterlife
07-15-2007, 09:26 AM
I really...

...Really...

Wanna sex your brain.

Impact!
07-15-2007, 09:38 AM
:love: Noid