PDA

View Full Version : Matt Striker would make a phenomenal manager. (ECW Spoilers)

Xero
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I've seen some of Striker's indy promos and even from what he does in the WWE he is a really great talker, has a lot of good facials and is pretty damn charismatic. He's not bad in the ring either, but I think he would make a great manager, or even a play by play man.

It looks like they may be going that route with what they did with Big Vis on ECW and I think it may work out better for him than him being a wrestler.

Thoughts?

McLegend
07-11-2007, 01:17 PM
I have been saying this for a while now.

And c'mon hes terrible in the ring. He can't even run the fucking ropes

Theo Dious
07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, he's definitely a talker, not a fighter. :y:

Russenmafia
07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
I think Striker's promo's are excellent, shame he looks like a complete fucktard in the ring.

Jordan
07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
He could lead a stable for sure. WWE needs some stables.

Anybody Thrilla
07-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't have a problem with Striker in the ring. I'd much rather see him wrestle than Big Daddy V. What I would like to see is Striker get a push with Big Daddy V as his 'teacher's pet' that keeps him protected and does his bidding. That would be the shit.

Mooияakeя™
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I think him looking like he does in the ring helps him get over. He's not the most entertaining so he can't back up his cocky-ness.

Fact is, I just love every time Styles states "He was forced to resign in disgrace". lol. Fuckin love that, but he hasn't said it in a while.

NeanderCarl
07-12-2007, 12:27 PM
He could have that whole Roddy Piper/Bobby Heenan thing... talk smack, lead various wrestlers against a rival, and eventually get in the ring himself for the blow-off match. I could see it working... if WWE gave a shit about male managers, or had a clue how to use them...

where the fuck IS Estrada??

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Matt Striker is really fucking amazing on the mic. I'd forgotten that the guy can do impressions, but his Roddy Piper cracked me up when he busted it out the other week. Personally, I think the guy is good in the ring, too. Not the best ever, but he seems very similar to MVP in terms of his grasp of chain wrestling, and I really don't get where a lot of the hating on his ring skills comes from.

This Big Daddy V thing could be great, if it is used to get the younger guy over. Have Viscera squash The Boogeyman next week, and I mean squash. Have him no-sell Marty's offence, and then just hit a string of power moves, finally putting him away with The Embalmer. Matt Striker then gives and open challenge to anyone the following week. Balls Mahoney answers it, and Big Daddy V dominates him, and the result is the same. Then goes Tommy Dreamer, and finally Stevie Richards and Little Guido in a Handicap Match. Big Daddy V says he wants more, but Matt tells Vis that no one wants to face him anymore, so BDV says he'll face Matt Striker then. Striker then calls Vis out on it, and says that he is smarter than Vis, and that there is no way Vis could beat him.

In the match, Striker knows all of Big Daddy V's moves, so he gets a lot of counters and dodges going, and then pulls out brass knuckles and nails V between the eyes. The referee disqualifies Striker, but Matt keeps pounding away on the former King of the Ring. Striker then leaves the ring, and on his way up the ramp challenges Big Daddy V to an Extreme Rules Match, where that kind of offence by Striker would be legal. Striker wins that match, and looks like a mastermind in doing such.

As far as male managers go, this Santino Marella thing might have run a lot smoother if they had brought Armando Estrada back for it. I can just imagine Maria cheering on Santino at ringside, only for Estrada to shove her down, and maybe sock her one in the mouth. Santino gets pissed off and beats the living crap out of Estrada. It allows Estrada to look like a dick, Santino looks like a badass hero, and the fans might not have stopped caring so quickly.

Tommy Gunn
07-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Striker is a natural entertainer and always delivers promos better than 90% of the the guys in the company. He's kind of short and unimpressive looking in the ring though, so perhaps he'll end up being a backstage personality or a commentator in years to come.