PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown! last night

Russenmafia
07-14-2007, 01:56 PM
3 words sum up last nights SD!

"Worst Episode Ever"

From the shitfest that was Hardy vs Masters to Torrie vs Victoria, the whole show sucked. Edge's Mardi Gras promo at the end was crap and having Khali being afraid of Bats is idiotic booking.

WWE sort this shit out, make my favourite show good again.

Londoner
07-14-2007, 02:12 PM
TBH, i thought it was alright apart from the last two matches. Matt Hardy/masters was decent. Imagine how much betetr smackdown would be had they kept victoria/torrie on raw where they fucking should be, and had some wrestlers we actually cared about?

Mr. JL
07-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I saw Mark Henry destroy Eugene. Then the Victoria and Torrie fight. Then Edge did his party thing with Kane to end the show.

I wasn't too impressed.

Kane Knight
07-14-2007, 02:36 PM
I didn't watch it, but I'm sure you're exaggerating.

James Steele
07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
It was just :|.

Mooияakeя™
07-14-2007, 02:40 PM
It wasn't the worst ever. I think they could have based the whole show round Friday the 13th tho. The Kane segments were decent with Edge, cudda done with more.

Corkscrewed
07-14-2007, 09:11 PM
I laughed my ass off when Khali threw the guy against the rolling door after his translator mentioned the "extra large chair." Funny ass shit. I think he should just do that all the time.

Of course, he'll turn face, but that sort of random angry destruction would be the highlight of each show.

Dorkchop
07-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Khali's translator is so completely boring. I half watched Smackdown, and it was pretty meh. I didn't like the last segment (Edge's Mari Gras).

Jameson34656
07-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Khali's translator is so completely boring. I half watched Smackdown, and it was pretty meh. I didn't like the last segment (Edge's Mari Gras).

Of course he's boring. He's part of the writing staff!

Xerzes
07-15-2007, 04:06 AM
Kane's stuff with Edge made me sad. Mostly just reminded me of Hogan/Warrior.

The WCW one.

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm sure it was not the worst SmackDown! ever. Torrie Wilson defeating Victoria in the main event, though? Wow.

SmackDown! could actually have a good ladies division (I wouldn't be opposed to them creating a Ladies' Championship for SmackDown!) if they just hurried the fuck up and had Shantelle Taylor debut on SmackDown!. Oh, and bring in The New Hart Foundation and have Nattie Neidhart join the Ladies' Division. With Kristal Marshall and Michelle McCool being decent; and Victoria, Shantelle Taylor and Nattie Neidhart being good, there is some potential there.

Bringing in The New Hart Foundation is something the WWE needs to set its eyes on, and fast. With Teddy Hart now under contract, and SmackDown! hurting for tag teams, they would really help SmackDown! get back on its feet a little bit. Paul Burchill teaming with Dave Taylor would not be a bad move, either. Don't even think about bringing in Ray Gordy as Jesse/Festus Dalton or whoever the fuck they're going to make him be.

In other words: SmackDown! is really hurting after the draft, so bringing up some talent is quite crucial to SmackDown! at this point in time.

One match on SmackDown!, by the sounds of it, really intrigues me. That being The Major Brothers vs. Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble. The WWE have gone the right way with bringing Brett and Brian to SmackDown!, thus far. It's obvious that their eyes are set on the WWE Tag Team Championship, but I'd have them detour at the Cruiserweight Title. Brett did pin Chavo, and I believe he is technically a cruiserweight. Working with Chavo will get them some more exposure, and put on some good matches.

But yeah, SmackDown! needs to get Paul Burchill, Teddy Hart, Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Nattie Neidhart and Shantelle Taylor on their shows, and fast. Eddie Colon wouldn't hurt, either.

True Brit Grit
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Isn't it the case that SD gets shat on during every draft, though? Or am I stating the obvious. Just before Cena got drafted it looked like SD might actually overtake RAW in the quality stakes, but now?

Russenmafia
07-15-2007, 06:31 PM
I thought SD! fared quite well in the 2005 draft. They got Christian, Bats, Benoit and Orton which were big names. Then Kennedy joined later on in the year so the roster was a lot more solid compared to right now.

mrslackalack
07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
It was an awful show. They desperately need some better matches for Smackdown and some more depth. I hope Rey will help it out some when he returns.

Kane Knight
07-15-2007, 11:48 PM
It was an awful show. They desperately need some better matches for Smackdown and some more depth.

Like EVERY WWE show.

And TNA show.