PDA

View Full Version : I think it's kind of sad...

Kane Knight
07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Don't get me wrong here, I love my Wii. But I think it's sad that to this day, NO game is more entertaining to me than Wii Sports. Nintendo and Third Party devs need to step shit up here.

There've been a lot of topics trash talking the PS3 or 360, but there really is a serious flaw in the Wii right now, and it's been said before, but honestly, I wanted to say it again.

I've got a few VC games, which I love. And I've got a handful of titles, and I've played a ton more for the Wii. Rented or borrowed. But as PG and I were talking in the other thread, I just could not help but think how this was the best game...And it's a fucking TECH DEMO!

Actraiser still rules, BTW.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Paper Mario, Excitetruck, Mario Strikers and Sonic have had me hooked way more than Wii Sports :D

DS
07-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd agree. While I look down on the Wii for not advancing in graphics like I believe it should have, the worst part about it is that there are no games that I find entertaining. Wii Sports is the only game I will throw in and play every now and then.

I like mini games when I'm with friends and stuff but other then that I want a full story, good gameplay, and length. I bought the Wii on the possibility that they would take games and advance them rather than take a step back and try to build them all over again.

A full on boxing game, without Miis, would be pretty fun if they took something like Fight Night and then made good use of the controls. I didn't play Tiger Woods 2007 but I heard mixed reviews and never got around to it.

The FPSs pretty much completely suck and that was something I was really excited for.

Until they get some decent game support then they are in no better shape than the 360 with all it's system failures or the PS3 with it's pricing failure. At least to me.

chrisat928
07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Thw Wii isn't a "gamers" console, as evident by what I saw as Gamestop.
An old woman, I talking over 65 here, was buying one, and the person helping her asked if it was for her grandchildren and she said no, that it was for herself.

I only own two games, WiiSports and LOZ:TP. Every other game I've wanted to play I rented and beat within two days. Except RE4, I stopped playing that right after you pass the church.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I finally played the Wii, and Wii sports.. I really wasn't that impressed. Granted I only played the bowling and the tennis, but it felt.... awkward.. I don't know. I agree that the Wii isn't a gamers console. It'll be interesting though to see how the Wii's mainstream image will affect games in the future.

Bad Company
07-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Wii Tennis is kinda shit, but I love baseball, hanging out for a MLB game on the Wii.
Madden is good fun, but I agree, Wiisports get the most game time around here.

Dorkchop
07-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Wii Sports is great. It really gives you an idea what the Wii is all about.

I only have a couple VC games. While the idea is great, and doing pretty ok, there are a lot of really bad games. I know we have like 5 more years for the Virtual console, but there have been some real shit games.

A lot of the good Wii games right now are pretty much ports, so they don't give you the true Wii experiece. While I think Super Paper Mario was great, it didn't feel like a Wii game. Same goes for Twilight Princess. Great game, but is a ported Cube game.

I love Wii bowling the most, and the home run derby. I've barely played anything else, aside from boxing... but I only played that a lot when I first got my Wii. I don't have anyone to play Wii with right now, so Wii Sports pretty much doesn't get played.

Elebits is a great game that really gives you an idea what the Wii is capable of, but it got overlooked. The game has its flaws, but it really uses the Wiimote well.

Xerzes
07-15-2007, 04:28 AM
Wii: still the worst name for a console. Ever.

Kane Knight
07-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Just wait until next generaltion.

Wii will be replaced with "Wang."

Just John
07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Not gonna say 'I told you so' or anything petty like that, but I've been saying for a while that the novelty of the Wii will wear off. Hence why I'd never buy one, only play it at a friends or something.

Then again the marketing of my favoured next gen console (PS3) isn't exactly great. Although it is a great console, possibly better than the 360, its only problem is poor marketing and extreme price tag.

Kane Knight
07-15-2007, 11:58 AM
This has nothing to do with the "novelty" of the Wii.

Xero
07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
It has more to do with the fact that they all but destroyed their third party support last gen and are feeling it now.

And I still say it's really sad when older games (virtual console) are the highlight of a next gen (or even last gen) console.

Kane Knight
07-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Remember when people were saying that the Wii had super third party support? And everything was gonna be different?

Anyway, the DS' "novelty" hasn't worn off...

Boomer
07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I will be the first to admit my mistake in thinking the DS was a horrible idea...so I will save my opinion on the Wii until a few more years into its cycle.

Just John
07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Remember when people were saying that the Wii had super third party support? And everything was gonna be different?

Anyway, the DS' "novelty" hasn't worn off...

No, the DS is pwnage

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2007, 03:57 PM
No, the DS is pwnage

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/01/DSPrintsMoney.jpg

RP
07-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Mario Galaxy

G
07-15-2007, 09:40 PM
I love my Wii :(

Kane Knight
07-15-2007, 09:48 PM
No, the DS is pwnage

Which just proves how stupid your argument of novelty really is. :y:

I mean, this is the most common argument against the DS as well. the fact is, it's got great games and proven it's more than the sum of a name and a gimmick. The Wii probably will, too. Arguments of novelty or gimmick are really just fucking stupid.

Especially if you're going to pimp the PSP, which sells itself on shiny new graphics.

Requiem
07-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I haven't been saying this for a while or anything... oh wait, yeah I have.

Third party support just plain sucks on the Wii. There's really nothing more to go into. It is a console for mini-games. I would love to see some games with deeper stories and gameplay that -aren't- ports, but there simply aren't any.

Kane Knight
07-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Paper Mario, Excitetruck, Mario Strikers and Sonic have had me hooked way more than Wii Sports :D

While I liked none of his examples much, I think he's pointed out how wrong you were before you even posted, Req.

Jura
07-16-2007, 12:04 AM
There've

Requiem
07-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Ok. Mature games that aren't ports. How about that? And I say no ports because there is absolutely no reason to play a game on the Wii that you can play on a better system with better controls.

If I have a choice between a game that looks like crap and plays like crap, or a game that looks great and plays like it was meant to be played.. well, I sure as hell am not going to choose the Wii's craptastic version.

Also, Excite Truck was crap. Yeah, it made great use of the Wii controller, but it was fun for maybe 5 minutes. Then it became a generic racing game that reminded me of something from the N64.

Edit: And I hardly see how any of those games he mentioned have 'deep stories'.

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Ok. Mature games that aren't ports. How about that? And I say no ports because there is absolutely no reason to play a game on the Wii that you can play on a better system with better controls.

If I have a choice between a game that looks like crap and plays like crap, or a game that looks great and plays like it was meant to be played.. well, I sure as hell am not going to choose the Wii's craptastic version.

Also, Excite Truck was crap. Yeah, it made great use of the Wii controller, but it was fun for maybe 5 minutes. Then it became a generic racing game that reminded me of something from the N64.

Edit: And I hardly see how any of those games he mentioned have 'deep stories'.Mature!!!!!!

:lol:

And I suppose you've got a definition of that handy.

You didn't say deep stories, Req. You said "deeper" And yes, pretty much all of them have great depth of gameplay and story than minigames. Picture that. You said something, and someone read and understood your words.

Just John
07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Which just proves how stupid your argument of novelty really is. :y:

I mean, this is the most common argument against the DS as well. the fact is, it's got great games and proven it's more than the sum of a name and a gimmick. The Wii probably will, too. Arguments of novelty or gimmick are really just fucking stupid.

Especially if you're going to pimp the PSP, which sells itself on shiny new graphics.

Mabye its just me liking the ability to sit on my ass when I play videogames. :?:

road doggy dogg
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Third party support can continue sucking for the Wii if all Nintendo's own games keep ruling like they have. Any third-party gems are just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl, Prime 3, Galaxy, the inevitable Pikmin, Animal Crossing and Zelda sequels... sure that's probably not enough for most people for a console, but it's not like your entire life has to revolve around one system.

And I agree that the DS is the greatest thing of all time.

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Mabye its just me liking the ability to sit on my ass when I play videogames. :?:

That's not a question of novelty, then.

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Third party support can continue sucking for the Wii if all Nintendo's own games keep ruling like they have. Any third-party gems are just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl, Prime 3, Galaxy, the inevitable Pikmin, Animal Crossing and Zelda sequels... sure that's probably not enough for most people for a console, but it's not like your entire life has to revolve around one system.

And I agree that the DS is the greatest thing of all time.

'Sfine, as long as you don't mind sales being affected.

road doggy dogg
07-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't particularly care about the big picture, if 10 million other people don't feel the same way as me that's their issue not mine :p

DS
07-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't really doubt that any of those games will fail miserably but Nintendo isn't going to survive on their products alone.

road doggy dogg
07-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah I know. I'm really hoping Medal of Honor and Resident Evil make good use of the WiiZapper, encouraging more third-party companies to make solid FPS's for the console. Again, doesn't really affect me personally but the better off Nintendo does financially means more awesome exclusive games wooo

DS
07-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah I get what you're saying. I wouldn't put much hope into Medal of Honor because they usually disappoint pretty badly. Resident Evil could be good though.

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah I know. I'm really hoping Medal of Honor and Resident Evil make good use of the WiiZapper, encouraging more third-party companies to make solid FPS's for the console. Again, doesn't really affect me personally but the better off Nintendo does financially means more awesome exclusive games wooo

Thought you didn't care about the big picture.

Just John
07-17-2007, 06:07 AM
That's not a question of novelty, then.

GRAHL FUCKING BFEIJGHFIHHFS NUFHUGDS WFDUFHFSf

eogfhghagg!!!!

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 09:25 AM
That was the most intelligent argument you've ever made.

Just John
07-19-2007, 12:32 PM
My uh... cat ran across my keyboard

Xero
07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Your cat knows how to spell "Fucking"?

Kane Knight
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, that's incredible. My cat only knows how to say "Gosh darn."

Funky Fly
07-19-2007, 09:47 PM
K, I've played Wii for the first time. It turns out my brothers are lying bastages and have had one for ages. Thought they'd "surprise" me.

Anyway, Wii Play is kinda cool, but I see the novelty wearing off pretty fast. I kinda love Mario Party games, even tho they are pretty much the same shit with a different number, so I love MP8. Haven't had a chance to do much else, but it's a nice little side machine to round out my overall gaming experience (Wii/Cube, PS2, DS/GBA, N64, SNES).

Once I get to buying VC titles, all I'll need are some of the titles that are on the horizon.

Fox
07-21-2007, 02:26 AM
When they make a video game console that allows people from all over the world to connect into a 3-D environment that requires full head and body gear to play, but where you can play sports, fight wars, and beat the crap out of each other and feel it through the gear, then we'll be in business.

Until then, fuck the "interactive" shit. I'll sit on my ass and play my PS2, thanks.

road doggy dogg
07-21-2007, 02:30 AM
You should try paintballing sometime.

Fignuts
07-21-2007, 02:49 AM
Or join the army.

Just John
07-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Your cat knows how to spell "Fucking"?

She has alot of rage

Fignuts
07-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Metroid Prime 3 will make it all worth it

Fignuts
07-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Unless there are fission metroids in it.

The fucking cocksuckers.

Silent
07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DUQ7yisIuU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DUQ7yisIuU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>