PDA

View Full Version : Wii Zapper

road doggy dogg
07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Will FPS games finally not be shit on Wii? I wasn't watching much E3 coverage but the brother-in-law was telling me about how they're coming out with a "Wii Zapper" add-on for the Wiimote+Nunchuk. I did some searching and found this vid from E3.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A0pm-QoSINU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A0pm-QoSINU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dunno how it will totally work but that looks so damn sick. I never really cared much for the Resident Evil games but I'm pretty much guaranteed to pick up this one with the crazy gun. Looks ridiculous.

I dunno if Metroid Prime is gonna use it or not but that would be delicious as well. Hopefully if RE and Medal of Honor are good games this will catch on and more companies will develop FPS' to make use of it. Dunnnnnnnno looks crazy hot.

Dorkchop
07-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Seems a lot more promising than the Super Scope and the Light Zapper (outside Duck Hunt).

That makes me really want to play Umbrella Chronicles. Maybe more arcade styles shooters will come out now.

DS
07-15-2007, 08:22 PM
If the nunchuck didn't have to be attached then I could see it working but the fact that it's there turns me off completely. I'm sure you could just not put it in there (if the games don't try and recognize movement in both) but there is still the part that holds it that would piss me off. Wish it was more of a pistol replication and you could use the nunchuck to throw grenades or something.

I was, and still am, very disappointed in the redesign.

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Call of Duty 3 is the shit with just the Wiimote and nunchuck, FYI..

DS
07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Call of Duty 3 is the shit with just the Wiimote and nunchuck, FYI..
:rofl:

Kane Knight
07-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Looks gay, but so does the Wiimote, and it's fun. So whatever.

Kris P Lettus
07-16-2007, 08:40 AM
:rofl:

I thought the gameplay was well done.. Never bought it, but did beat it while I had it rented..

:dunno:

road doggy dogg
07-16-2007, 10:05 AM
I was watching G4's coverage of E3 and on the ticker at the bottom they were saying how Medal of Honor: Airborne is being designed specifically to make use of the WiiZapper. There was another game too but the name escapes me atm.

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm not a big fan of MoH, but I think to try out the Zapper shit, I might.

Vietnamese Crippler
07-18-2007, 02:11 AM
I was watching G4's coverage of E3 and on the ticker at the bottom they were saying how Medal of Honor: Airborne is being designed specifically to make use of the WiiZapper. There was another game too but the name escapes me atm.

Was it Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles?

In any case, fuck putting down $20 for this, unless they pack it in with RE: UC or something else :o

road doggy dogg
07-18-2007, 05:03 AM
I don't think RE was the other game mentioned at that specific time, but they did say that it was being designed specifically for the Zapper, regardless. No idea if it's coming packaged with anything or not.