PDA

View Full Version : I've grown out of games

Savio
07-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Not literally of course but I hardly buy them anymore ever since I got a PS2. I had about 20-25 games for my 64 but only bought mainly Wrestling and GTA games for my PS2. For my Wii I don't expect to buy alot prob only SSBB, Mario Galaxy and....i dunno "cooking mama"? :shifty:

Do you find yourself buying less games?

mrslackalack
07-15-2007, 10:36 PM
In the past several years I have went from buying 6-8 games a year to 2-3.

Mike the Metal Ed
07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I find myself buying less console games, mainly because the Wii has almost nothing, and the PS2 hasn't really interested me in years. But I'm loving my DS.

Boomer
07-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I find myself having more games to play than ever.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2007, 10:51 PM
I :love: my Gamefly membership.

PapaGeorgio
07-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I find myself having more games to play than ever.

Same with me. Especially with my DS. Been averaging just under a game a month on Wii (some not so great games). But with DS got an R4 so can bootleg games and play that like non stop. Before that mainly played nintendo games on Gamecube and wrestling games on PS2 with few others here and there (GOW1&2, GTA series, Guitar Hero, etc.) For sure been playing more, especially now I'm growns up and all can buy my own shit.

Mr Regal
07-16-2007, 05:10 AM
The last console I bought was n Xbox and I got that about a month before the 360 came out because it was cheap. Play games now and agin. tend to buy cheap second hand ones....fuck paying £40 FOR A GAME.

Not many games I will play through 'til the end either. Last one I did that with was Half Life 2 (which was fucking incredible).

Anyway i am in my late twenties and have definitely grown out of playing games the way I used to. However i believe my generation onwards will always play video games to some extent no matter what age they are. I'll be an old man and still be buying the new consoles that are about.

Savio
07-16-2007, 07:19 AM
I think the last game i finished was Liberty City

Dorkchop
07-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I find myself buying less console games, mainly because the Wii has almost nothing, and the PS2 hasn't really interested me in years. But I'm loving my DS.

The exact same goes for me.

There are so many great PS2 games I still need to play, but I just don't have any motivation to pick any of them up. DS is where it's at for me.

road doggy dogg
07-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah I've kind of been in the same boat. Not because I think there's a lack of good titles, I think I seriously just burnt myself out on gaming for a while after the whole WoW fiasco. Past two-three weeks though I've been firing up Final Fantasy 12, hoping to finish it off. And with all the E3 news I'm kind of getting pumped up again about my Wii. Smash Bros. Brawl will consume my life.

Stickman
07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I try to play one game at a time so it may take me forever to get through one so it takes me awhile to go buy another. I have about 6-7 games for my xbox and haven't touched Halo or this other one I got (forget what it is) as I'm trying to finish The Godfather.

UmbrellaCorporation
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I haven't burned out on gaming, but I do buy LESS games than ever, and I work in a gaming store.

My reasoning? It's not because I'm any less of a gamer than I ever was. Hell, gaming keeps me going. But it's just the fact that there haven't been that many great titles released recently.

I want to love the PS3, but it's been a disappointment so far (I'm optimistic about it though.

The Wii is nothing more than a fat tech demo, but I bought one solely because of DBZ BT and Trauma Center, both of which are getting sequels, so I'm willing to ride it out and see what happens.

To be honest, if not for the horrendous hardware, the 360 would be the best console I have ever owned. Period. The library is good and only getting better, and if MS actually fixes these Ring of Death problems, you might seriously have an unstoppable juggernaut on your hands.

But yeah...I'm not even remotely close to stop loving video games. It's just that lately, the selection of appealing titles has been rather thin.

Stickman
07-16-2007, 05:25 PM
I haven't burned out on gaming, but I do buy LESS games than ever, and I work in a gaming store.

My reasoning? It's not because I'm any less of a gamer than I ever was. Hell, gaming keeps me going. But it's just the fact that there haven't been that many great titles released recently.

I want to love the PS3, but it's been a disappointment so far (I'm optimistic about it though.

The Wii is nothing more than a fat tech demo, but I bought one solely because of DBZ BT and Trauma Center, both of which are getting sequels, so I'm willing to ride it out and see what happens.

To be honest, if not for the horrendous hardware, the 360 would be the best console I have ever owned. Period. The library is good and only getting better, and if MS actually fixes these Ring of Death problems, you might seriously have an unstoppable juggernaut on your hands.

But yeah...I'm not even remotely close to stop loving video games. It's just that lately, the selection of appealing titles has been rather thin.

I find video games are almost to realistic that it doesn't interest me. I could play Super Mario Bros or Mike Tyson's Punch Out for days. Games nowadays just aren't as fun sometimes as it's so realistic, and too many buttons. Give me a two bottoned joystick and i'm happy. OLD SKOOL

Savio
07-17-2007, 12:48 AM
reading this thread makes me want to buy and finish manhunt. THE DUDE KILLED MY SISTER! I NEED VENGENCE!