PDA

View Full Version : Vicodin. Benoit. I wonder

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 04:24 PM
It occurred to me that Vicodin's a common painkiller, and one Angle was supposedly on. It's also a pretty potent one, and easy to get from someone else, but it apparently has a LOT of side effects, and can not only fuck up your body but your mind. It causes psychotic episodes and worse.

Has anyone even mentioned it in conjuction with the idea Benoit was on something?

Because really, it's scary to think, but it could have caused this shit and a LOT of wrestlers do it.

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Quit blaming drugs, start blaming Benoit.

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm not blaming drugs, I'm wondering if there is the possibility that he abused drugs that can trigger psychotic episodes and totally fuck you up.

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Besides, it's slightly more reasonable than, say, steroids.

Jura
07-16-2007, 05:15 PM
I blame BDC. Does anyone know about the toxicology report yet?

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Yes. And Benoit WAS on BDC.

St. Jimmy
07-16-2007, 07:00 PM
It's an Opiate. Opiates can cause hallucinations <_<

RP
07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Chris Benoit didnt kill that family. Steroids strangled Nancy and Daniel. Havent you guys been paying attention?

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Chris Benoit didnt kill that family. Steroids strangled Nancy and Daniel. Havent you guys been paying attention?

That and Dr. Astin did it.

St. Jimmy
07-16-2007, 07:51 PM
PHIL ASTIN IS A MURDERER BAH GAWD.

The Naitch
07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
OG did it too

Kane Knight
07-16-2007, 09:45 PM

If you watch CNN, that's pretty much true.

Sepholio
07-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Besides, Vicodin isn't potent. Take a methadone or an oxycontyn (both opiates as well) one time, and Vicodin is like candy to you for the rest of eternity. My mother is disabled (back injury) and she can take like 10 of the maximum strength Vicodins and get no effect.

Also, they are not strong enough of an opiate to cause hallucinations unless you have an adverse reaction to them, IMO. I've never heard of anyone hallucinating on them, anyways.

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 01:11 AM
This came up between me and a physician, and then a friend mentioned her brother went nuts on the shit. If it was just anecdotal, I probably wouldn't even think of it. But considering it came up in the course of discussing possible pain management, I'm more prone to believe that it can. Regardless of your anecdotal evidence.

Linkbowler
07-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Whenever I took Vicodin after surgery, all I wanted to do was watch Wheel of Fortune. The colors on that wheel were awesome on Vicodin.

Sepholio
07-17-2007, 01:39 AM
This came up between me and a physician, and then a friend mentioned her brother went nuts on the shit. If it was just anecdotal, I probably wouldn't even think of it. But considering it came up in the course of discussing possible pain management, I'm more prone to believe that it can. Regardless of your anecdotal evidence.

Like I said, I don't know anyone that has had adverse reactions to it. If it came up between you and a physician, that is one thing. But the thing with your friends brother going nuts on it....Sounds like he may have been taking way more than suggested or he was allergic. I've taken Vicodin myself, and while not taking large quantities or the maximum strength, the most effect I ever got was a little light headed. In my experience, a joint of regular homegrown marijuana has me more messed up than Vicodin ever has, by far.

Theo Dious
07-17-2007, 08:53 AM
You have to take a LOT of Vicodin to go psycho on it. It's not highly addictive, but it is easy to get addicted to because it's fairly readily available. I almost got hooked on it at one point, thankfully I realized what I was doing and got rid of what I had left.

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Sounds like he may have been taking way more than suggested or he was allergic.

You mean like might be possible if he was getting them either illegally or from the same doc who was prescribing him steroids?

Some wrestlers are taking these like Candy. It's also apervasive drug, evidently.

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 10:05 AM
You have to take a LOT of Vicodin to go psycho on it.

Assuming all brain chemistries are the same, yes.

However, in the real world, that's not the case.