PDA

View Full Version : Oh good Lord...

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2007, 06:00 AM
There is probably another topic on this, but tell me this is not true:

Final segment from this week's ECW, taken from 411 Mania:

We are back and the Press Agent talks up Johnny Nitro and all of his accomplishments from before ECW and says that he will no longer be in the ECW after tonight. That is because Johnny Nitro has officially changed his name. Nitro comes out looking almost like Elvis with longer hair with brand new music. I kinda like this. He introduces himself as John Morrison, a name he was giving at birth. He starts going over his growth and development as a kid and he was a child prodigy and a natural leader. The crowd goes nuts with the "What?" chants at Nitro as he bores as all to death. John then tells the doubters that he took Dreamer and beat him at his own game and that he will beat Punk at the Great American Bash. He starts questioning CM Punk's name and insults the CM piece of it, trying to guess if it means Cookie Monster. He then calls him a punk as being a kid with tattoos. CM Punk now comes out and gets into the ring with John Morrison and John dismisses the thought of a confrontation. John then actually asks Punk what his name really stands for. Punk goes to take the mic, but John cheap shots him with the microphone and hits the corkscrew neckbreaker on the title belt. John stands tall over CM Punk with the title and leaves as we end the broadcast.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2007, 06:02 AM
What the fuck was wrong with Johnny Nitro? Morrison just doesn't work s a wrestling surname, I'm sorry. And ECW was fairly decent recently, too.

If they wanted to update Nitro's name, to kind of move away from youthful kind of edge associated with it, why not John Hennigan?

This is just...mmm, I don't like this.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Yeah, I just found the other thread dedicated to this, so instead let's discuss another few ECW related things:

1) Marcus Cor Von no-showed ECW. Will this effect his standing with the company?

2) Are you buying into this "Big Daddy V" thing?

3) Is it just me or does the segment posted above sound like a really bad joke created to make both CM Punk and "John Morrison" look like fools because ECW is arguably just a better show than RAW and SmackDown! these days?

4) John Morrison?!? Seriously, what the fuck?

Afterlife
07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
1) I would prefer it if Monty Brown had no standing with the company. I mean, speaking of bad names: "Marcus Cor Von"? Please.

2) Yes.

3) I hope to God it didn't happen. That's a horrible name. "Johnny Nitro" is fine. It keeps him sounding young and hep. That's right: "hep".

4) I have no idea.

Exyle
07-18-2007, 12:17 PM
1) We'll have to wait and see. Perhaps he had a good reason, such as a travel conflict.

2) Maybe I will, if he wears a shirt. Seriously. It can be sleeveless if he still wants to show off the tattoos on his arms, but cover those massive man-boobs, please.

3) To be honest, I thought Nitro/Morrison was improving his mic skills, and he displayed it during that segment. Of course, he's still got work to do, but he is improving.

4) What's the big deal? Really? I don't see why everyone is in such an uproar over the name change. I like it. "Johnny Nitro" was stale, and John Morrison is new. Granted it's a Jim Morrison reference, but I can think of worse celebrities to imitate.

Mercury Bullet
07-18-2007, 12:20 PM
1) I hope they just took him off air briefly to repackage him for a main event push.

2) He needs to put some clothes on.

3) I think it may have been simply to shit on Punk and Nitro/Morrison.

4) The name is worse than his mic skills.

BigDaddyCool
07-18-2007, 01:06 PM
1) Don't care

2) It is gross, but it might work well.

3) John Morrison/Nitro needs an entire enourage of people to keep him from talking. I mean this is ECW, and ECW always had like 5 people come down to the ring for a singles match.

4) Meh, remeber when he first started and changed his name every other week anyhow?

James Steele
07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
1) We'll have to wait and see. Perhaps he had a good reason, such as a travel conflict.

2) Maybe I will, if he wears a shirt. Seriously. It can be sleeveless if he still wants to show off the tattoos on his arms, but cover those massive man-boobs, please.

3) To be honest, I thought Nitro/Morrison was improving his mic skills, and he displayed it during that segment. Of course, he's still got work to do, but he is improving.

4) What's the big deal? Really? I don't see why everyone is in such an uproar over the name change. I like it. "Johnny Nitro" was stale, and John Morrison is new. Granted it's a Jim Morrison reference, but I can think of worse celebrities to imitate.

:y:

KingofOldSchool
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
What is so fucking wrong with John Morrison? And how is it stupider than Johnny Nitro?

Seriously, it's not like he came out in plain black tights and called himself Little Johnny N.

James Steele
07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Johnny Nitro's promo last night, while not great, was the best thing he has ever done in a promo/backstage skit.

Corkscrewed
07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Seriously, it's not like he came out in plain black tights and called himself Little Johnny Nigg--.

Stopped myself from making the obvious KK-style joke.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
What is so fucking wrong with John Morrison? And how is it stupider than Johnny Nitro?

Seriously, it's not like he came out in plain black tights and called himself Little Johnny N.

Haha, I actually thought you would be against the name change. As when someone got a new name recently, that was pretty stupid, you made points about Carlito changing his name to Carly Colon and stuff. This is much the same thing.

John Morrison is stupider than Johnny Nitro because it feels like a joke. I mean, handled with nuance, Johnny Nitro becoming kind of his own media God forged by iconic traits of famous influences could work, but as it stands right now, it is cheap parody. John Hennigan is currently the ECW World Champion. He should not be used for cheap parody.

apokalypse7
07-18-2007, 09:59 PM
But I like his new music better than that old MNM crap. I completely loved that brash dickish Nitro. Just as long as Morrison carries on that edge. His look was ok, and the corkscrew neckbreaker is the shit!

Kane Knight
07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Haha, I actually thought you would be against the name change.

Because KoOS is vying for "Most contrary motherfucker" in the spammies?

BTW...MINE!

Mr. Nerfect
07-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Anyone got any ideas as to what Nitro's flipping neckbreaker should be called?

I'm locking in "The Media Frenzy."

FourFifty
07-19-2007, 01:29 AM
ECW was fairly decent recently, too.

And then 1998 ended.....

Mr. Nerfect
07-19-2007, 01:31 AM
And then 1998 ended.....

Nah, the New Breed vs. Originals shit made it interesting, and then they got Chris Benoit instead of Bobby Lashley. That didn't turn out, but they are making new stars with certain amounts of talent, so more power to them.

FourFifty
07-19-2007, 01:43 AM
New Breed vs Originals... As much as I like seeing Tommy Dreamer on tv I believe that was a rehashed storyline from WCW. Today's ECW just makes me think it's OVW with a bigger production budget.

Afterlife
07-19-2007, 07:22 AM
If we're sticking with the uber-celebrity gimmick thing, call it "Bad Publicity".

If his name is really "Morrison" from now on, I say call his finisher "The Door Jam".

El Dandy
07-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Big Daddy V is great. I do not approve of Johnny Nitro's name change though.

Erebus
07-19-2007, 02:17 PM
If we're sticking with the uber-celebrity gimmick thing, call it "Bad Publicity".

If his name is really "Morrison" from now on, I say call his finisher "The Door Jam".

How about just "The End"? It is arguably the Doors most famous song and rather appropriate is kinda uncreative.

Chuck Jones
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
How About "The Other Side?"

And besides, IMO, Johnny Nitro sounds like an indy name or a character from Saved by the Bell. Would you rather him be called John Hilton?

thedamndest
07-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Don't care about Nitro/Morrison, but Viscera's jiggling tits are mind boggling.

Afterlife
07-20-2007, 04:04 AM
I've never considered the Doors a "good band", so I know as few of their songs as possible, making "The End" completely void of punchline for me.

Then again, since his character got revamped, we could forget the band jokes and just call his finish "The Makeover".

James Steele
07-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Morrison Set Flip

James Steele
07-20-2007, 04:28 AM
:-\

apokalypse7
07-20-2007, 07:23 PM
call the the encore. That's it, The Encore

apokalypse7
07-20-2007, 07:24 PM
or the Jam Session.

Afterlife
07-21-2007, 08:39 AM
He's not actually portraying a musician, tho.

DRBailey
07-21-2007, 08:54 AM
As long as he doesn't refer to himself as 'The Back Door Man' we're good .

apokalypse7
07-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Good point, Maybe it was the new music. Or the allusion to The Doors...
But, he is a performer, and this is Sports Entertainment....So maybe The Encore could work.

Dave Youell
07-21-2007, 09:14 AM
I liked it, he looked like an extra from Miami Vice, didn't like the music, but the promo was one of his best.

'What does CM Punk stand for? Chases Men?'

Afterlife
07-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I like to think it's "Closet Monster".

Skippord
07-21-2007, 01:40 PM
"The Doors"

apokalypse7
07-22-2007, 01:01 AM
True Indeed, this was his best promo to date. I look forward to seeing him get some mic time tomorrow, or today.

.44 Magdalene
07-22-2007, 09:54 AM
I still think Nitro's old music sounded like Southside (Moby / Gwen Stefani). If you've seen the video, the similarities are a little... ehhhh... what the fuck?