PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Booker T/RVD at Wrestlemania XX

John la Rock
02-27-2004, 05:53 PM
I think I just came up with a good idea for Mania XX. It would be the Raw Tag Team Champs vs The Smackdown Tag Team Champs.

First of all I say that on next week's Smackdown The World's Greatest Tag Team should defeat Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty for the Belts, then they should challenge Raw's Tag Team champs at Mania.

SO at Wrestlemania XX it would be...

Booker T and Rob Van Dam vs The World's Greatest Tag Team (Haas & Benjamin)

what do you think?

Funky Fly
02-27-2004, 06:05 PM
3 iinterpromotional matches is enough, really.

Mikey
02-27-2004, 06:53 PM
I agree with Funky

The CyNick
02-27-2004, 07:48 PM
The trouble is, where do you go with the match? Does WGTT win (obviously they would win because they are the best tag team in the WWE), unify the titles, which leaves RAW without tag titles? Furthermore, they already have an angle developing with the 4 tag teams on SD, so why mess with that so close to Mania?

It seemed from RAW last week that they could be going with La Resistance as possible contenders for the tag titles. But its odd that they haven't done anything with the Dudleys since the Rumble.

Of course there is no guarantee RVD and BT will be on the show

John la Rock
02-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I say it's a non-title match just to see who the best tag team is in the WWE. Do actually think that La Resistance or Rikishi/Scotty 2 Hotty deserve to be on the Wrestlemania XX card? I don't think so. Plus Booker/RVD vs WGTT would be an amazing match

The CyNick
02-27-2004, 10:16 PM
I say it's a non-title match just to see who the best tag team is in the WWE. Do actually think that La Resistance or Rikishi/Scotty 2 Hotty deserve to be on the Wrestlemania XX card? I don't think so. Plus Booker/RVD vs WGTT would be an amazing match

Yeah okay fine so tis non-title, but now one of the champions are going to look weak. I dont think there should be title vs title matches, unless they are unification matches.

I'm not a huge fan of Scooty and Rikishi, but not everyone on wrestling roster has to be the best in-ring performers. They are pretty over right now, and the fans have fun watching them in the ring. Plus, as faces, they make great transitional champs to get the titles on WGTT (where they belong) and that also sets up a program for the titles after Mania.

As for La Resistance, I actually really like them. I think they can be a really strong tag team on RAW. I wish they were on TV more.

MVP
02-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Yeah there's really no good that an interpromotional tag team title match will do except maybe draw a few pops. All I know right now is that there's no scheduled RAW tag team championship match. I think it'll be on Heat like it was last year. I'd really like to see La Resistance walk out of WM with the straps, but that's highly unlikely since Booker T and RVD just won the titles, and Vince won't screw them out of the titles like he did with their pushes right away.

Corkscrewed
02-28-2004, 12:54 AM
3 iinterpromotional matches is enough, really.
:y: :y:

Kane Knight
02-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Howabout they have a title unification match.

Booker and RVD pick up the straps, leaving Smackdown without a tag team belt.

To keep Smackdown form losing its tag scene, Heyman brings back the ECW and Hardcore titles, and calls them the new Smackdown tag team belts...and awards them to Nidia and the Big Show.

Kane Knight
02-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Flawless plan. :shifty: