PDA

View Full Version : Mr. McMahon vs. Zach Gowen

True Brit Grit
07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
How did that get onto a PPV?

Londoner
07-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Why do you feel the need to make this into a thread?

True Brit Grit
07-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Well I need to get as many answers as possible to try and help me understand the decision to put it on a show. Also, I couldn't find another place else to put it. Any ideas?

Inadequacy
07-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Why do you feel the need to make this into a thread?

NEVER QUESTION HIM AGAIN!

I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that, I lost control of my emotions there.

Xero
07-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Apparently Vengeance 2003.

Took me five seconds to Google "Zach Gowen vs. Vince McMahon". Didn't even need to click a link.

True Brit Grit
07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
No no, I knew when, thank god I did, because I nearly brought the bloody DVD which would NOT have been nice.

I need to know how.... And where is Gowen, anyhow?

Xero
07-21-2007, 10:31 AM
They were feuding, that's why.

2003 was the year Al Wilson died in bed. They didn't need a reason.

Londoner
07-21-2007, 11:40 AM
NEVER QUESTION HIM AGAIN!

I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that, I lost control of my emotions there.

FUCK YOU YOU MOTHERFUCKING ARSEHOLE!

I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that, I lost all control of my emotions there.

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Al Wilson :nono:

Rammsteinmad
07-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Y'know we've had a lot worse than that.

Thank God that Trump VS O'Donnell thing wasn't on a PPV. :nono:

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 12:38 PM
At least that was leading to something much bigger.

Xero
07-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Y'know we've had a lot worse than that.

Thank God that Trump VS O'Donnell thing wasn't on a PPV. :nono:
Would have been better than Vanilla Ice vs. Franklin.

Rammsteinmad
07-21-2007, 12:40 PM
No no, I knew when, thank god I did, because I nearly brought the bloody DVD which would NOT have been nice.

I need to know how.... And where is Gowen, anyhow?

Actually, you should have bought that DVD. It's actually a great DVD. Some of the matches include:

Chris Benoit VS Eddie Guerrero (U.S title match... fucking awesome match)

Jamie Knoble VS Billy Gunn (In a surprisenly good match)

Worlds Greatest Tag Team VS Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio (Need I say more?)

Undertaker VS John Cena (Pre-Super Cena, so it's actually pretty good)

Kurt Angle VS Brock Lesnar VS Big Show ('Nuff Said)

Definitely should have gotten it. If you see it again I suggest you get it. :y:

Gerard
07-21-2007, 12:43 PM
The highlight of that match was gowan either fucking up the chair shot or mcmahon not blocking it properly, ive never seen blood literally piss from someone before like it did from vince that night. :eek:

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Why the fuck was Jamie Noble wrestling Billy Gunn on pay per view?

Rammsteinmad
07-21-2007, 12:47 PM
That was the match where if Knoble wins he get's to sleep with Torrie Wilson.

Any excuse for a feud, but like I said, the match was surprisenly really good. Gunn hit probably the best "One & Only" that I've ever seen.

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I don't think there's a 'K' in Noble.

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 12:52 PM
JAMIE NOBLE, BOY!

He's the man.

Rammsteinmad
07-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey mister science guy.
Don't spray that aerosol in my eye.
I don't really wanna die.
I'm a knoble rabbit.

True Brit Grit
07-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Actually, you should have bought that DVD. It's actually a great DVD. Some of the matches include:

Chris Benoit VS Eddie Guerrero (U.S title match... fucking awesome match)

Jamie Knoble VS Billy Gunn (In a surprisenly good match)

Worlds Greatest Tag Team VS Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio (Need I say more?)

Undertaker VS John Cena (Pre-Super Cena, so it's actually pretty good)

Kurt Angle VS Brock Lesnar VS Big Show ('Nuff Said)

Definitely should have gotten it. If you see it again I suggest you get it. :y:

I'd buy it just for Benoit/Eddie - I admit to not looking too far down the card once I'd seen McMahon/Gowen - that'll teach me.

Thanks for the input.

Skippord
07-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I was at that PPV

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 02:45 PM
No you weren't, Skippord, shut the fuck up.

Skippord
07-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes, sir

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 02:59 PM
BUSTED

James Steele
07-21-2007, 03:01 PM
HOT DAMN

James Steele
07-21-2007, 03:06 PM
This thread needs to get bitchslapped...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/TwistedSteeleEntertainment/bitchslap.gif

Heyman
07-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I felt kind of bad that the Zack Gowen experiment didn't work out in the WWE.

Not sure what Gowen is up to nowadays, but I hope he didn't give up his dreams.

I can relate to him on a certain level, because I entered Division I college tennis with herniated discs in my lower back (doctors recommended that I didn't play and be a fucking pussy for the rest of my life).

Mr. JL
07-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I enjoyed watching Zach Gowen.

It was different and he could entertain with his one leg better than a lot of guys with two legs who are currently on WWE television.

Plus, he kicked McMahon in the head with his one leg so hard that he legit busted McMahon open the hardway.

Anybody Thrilla
07-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Zach Gowan matches weren't that good. His story was inspirational, and it was definitely unique. Seeming him get brutalized by Brock Lesnar is still one of my favorite moments ever....but there was only so far he could go.

darkpower
07-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Zach Gowan matches weren't that good. His story was inspirational, and it was definitely unique. Seeming him get brutalized by Brock Lesnar is still one of my favorite moments ever....but there was only so far he could go.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCjjJyoOPec"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCjjJyoOPec" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Xero
07-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Seeing Zach Gowen wrestle was like watching a one-legged man.... Well, actually, I suppose it actually WAS a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest...

Xero
07-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Also, he's appeared for TNA a few times.

Xero
07-21-2007, 11:53 PM
ROFL, whoever said his mother looks like Peggy Hill a while ago, they were right. :rofl:

Fox
07-22-2007, 12:04 AM
It was Smackdown, May in the year of our great lord, two thousand and three, when Mr. America (a masked Hulk Hogan, but NOBODY KNEW!!!) was running wild brother all over the WWE (well, mostly just SD!). It was during an angle where Vince McMahon had banned Hulk Hogan from competing in the WWE, and was trying to "prove" that Mr. America was in fact that Hulkster.

As Hul... er, Mr. America made his way down to the ring, he stopped to acknowledge a special fan. A skinny twig of a boy with pale white skin and greasy looking long brown hair. Mr. America, being the massive patriot he is, gave him his American flag before entering the ring.

Later that night, as Mr. America was catching a beatdown mid-ring from Rowdy Roddy Piper and Sean O'Haire, the skinny twig boy, who happend to have one leg, jumped the gaurd rail (funny how the security gaurds couldn't stop a one-legged stick boy...) and assisted Mr. America in his fight.

Later, Zach Gowan and Stephanie McMahon (yes, you read that right) defeated The Big Show and won Gowan a WWE Contract. Yay!

Vinnie Mac, pissed about this handicap little bitch getting a contract in his company, AND for helping Mr. America, forced him into a match at Vengeance 2003. And it was a fiasco to say the least.

Good history lesson.

Oh, by the way. After that, Gowan got massacred by Brock Lesnar during a WWE Title match (in his home town, I might add). He was then taken off WWE TV before returning at No Mercy 2004 to job Matt Hardy out, and was then released later that year.

Rammsteinmad
07-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I still say his music was like a heavy metal version of Kurt Angles. Nobody else ever seemed to hear it though.

Rammsteinmad
07-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Also Lesnar rules... but "Manster" was an awful title.

Hanso Amore
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I still say his music was like a heavy metal version of Kurt Angles. Nobody else ever seemed to hear it though.

It was. Seether made the song for Angle and Forcible entry but the WWE decided not to use it, then held onto it until Gowen came along. This was back when they WWE had bands redo their themes for guys (IE Benoit and Our LAdy Peace and Austin with Disturbed)

Rammsteinmad
07-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Oh right. I can finally put that to rest. Thank you.

I remember when Gowan was around I always criticised his music, but no one ever seemed to notice.

owenbrown
07-22-2007, 12:49 PM
This thread needs to get bitchslapped...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/TwistedSteeleEntertainment/bitchslap.gif

BEST. GIF. EVER!!! :love:

Anybody Thrilla
07-22-2007, 12:51 PM
That made me miss Brock Lesnar. More people need to smear blood on their chests.

YOUR Hero
07-22-2007, 01:45 PM
HOLY SHIT, ZACK BEAT LESNAR!

Xero
07-22-2007, 01:59 PM
BEST. GIF. EVER!!! :love:
New and Improved!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/bitchslapowned.gif

Rammsteinmad
07-22-2007, 02:26 PM
:rofl:

RGWhat316
07-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I was at that show, and damn did that chair shot echo all over the arena.

darkpower
07-24-2007, 07:45 AM
New and Improved!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/bitchslapowned.gif

You know, sadly, I'm guessing that's the only way Cena will drop the title at this point.