The Naitch
07-24-2007, 12:53 AM
I loved the summer of 2002

-Steph being GM of SD! made me mark out for some reason
-Billy and Chuck Wedding
-Debut of Rey Mysterio
-Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle feud = money
-Rick Flair vs. Chris Jericho feud = :y:
-Who attacked Shawn Michaels angle. Ended up being Triple H = :)
-The awesome Goldust and Booker T promos
-Debut of Brock Lesnar
-Brock Lesnar wins KOTR
-Brock Lesnar kills Hulkamania
-The Rock returns and becomes WWE Champion (for a record 7th or 8th time. Not sure)
-The Rock vs. Brock at Summerslam

Heyman
07-24-2007, 01:16 AM
For me, it would be the Summer of 1998:

In my opinion, that entire summer was absolute MAGIC. That summer was what REALLY made me into an OBSESSED wrestling fan.

Were Kane and Taker in cahoots? What would happen next in the intense Nation vs. DX feud? How would McMahon get back at Austin and vice-versa? Between Shamrock and Owen Hart, who would have a gayer promo? Would Sable finally get revenge on Marc Mero and Jacqueline?

Just the fact that I remember most of the card off the top of my head speaks volumes. The whole "Highway to Hell" theme for Summerslam was absolutely phenomenal. I still get goosebumps thinking about that. The Austin/Taker feud was built so well.

Awesome awesome stuff as far as I'm concerned.

What made the summer so great, was that almost ALL of these angles were built WAY ahead of time. Summerslam was merely a culmination of so many great (dare I say legendary?) feuds. The fact that I cared so much about Sable vs. Jacqueline is a testament to the WWE booking team at the time (or my severe markdom :?: -).

All in all, the Summer of 98' was the absolute best as far as I go.

The Naitch
07-24-2007, 01:20 AM
I didn't watch wrestling until late 99 :(

The Naitch
07-24-2007, 01:29 AM
lol didn't notice that I spelled it Rick Flair

:nono:

Xero
07-24-2007, 02:51 AM
For me, it would be the Summer of 1998:

In my opinion, that entire summer was absolute MAGIC. That summer was what REALLY made me into an OBSESSED wrestling fan.

Were Kane and Taker in cahoots? What would happen next in the intense Nation vs. DX feud? How would McMahon get back at Austin and vice-versa? Between Shamrock and Owen Hart, who would have a gayer promo? Would Sable finally get revenge on Marc Mero and Jacqueline?

Just the fact that I remember most of the card off the top of my head speaks volumes. The whole "Highway to Hell" theme for Summerslam was absolutely phenomenal. I still get goosebumps thinking about that. The Austin/Taker feud was built so well.

Awesome awesome stuff as far as I'm concerned.

What made the summer so great, was that almost ALL of these angles were built WAY ahead of time. Summerslam was merely a culmination of so many great (dare I say legendary?) feuds. The fact that I cared so much about Sable vs. Jacqueline is a testament to the WWE booking team at the time (or my severe markdom :?: -).

All in all, the Summer of 98' was the absolute best as far as I go.
:y:

Nervous Ferret
07-24-2007, 03:39 AM

07-24-2007, 06:07 AM
:y:

Seriously. :y:

True Brit Grit
07-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Seriously.
No, Seriously. :yes:

Loose Cannon
07-24-2007, 07:45 AM
'97 without question.

Watching the Hart Foundation vs USA angle play out was awesome. Plus the nWo angle was still going strong