PDA

View Full Version : When Edge returns...

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2007, 08:24 AM
...should his character be any different? When Edge was forced to give up his World Heavyweight Championship, we heard him give a very honest promo about the injuries he has sustained whilst performning for the fans. While some consider Edge to be a heel for life, I don't believe that to be the case. Edge is giving boners to the IWC, at the moment, and marks will forget what the WWE tells them to forget.

Anyway, when Edge returns, do you think his character should be tweaked some? Should he be wiser? Treated like he's as tough as a babyface? Should he have a lighter personality? This isn't just discussions on whether he should be a face or a heel, but rather if this injury could be used to modify him ever so slightly, and whether that should even happen.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-28-2007, 08:26 AM
He should be the exact same, only tougher. They can't have their world champion running from everyone they face.

Kane Knight
07-28-2007, 09:02 AM
He should have a persona that works with his limited charisma.

Mooияakeя™
07-28-2007, 09:10 AM
He'll be going after Kane the way the promo's sound of him in hospital. Sounds like he's holding the grudge.

I enjoyed the sktis of Kane appearing in the TV / doorway etc. then dissappearing, and been as Edge is the man and funny as fuck when he's on the go, that feud could be awesome.

but no, I wouldn't cahnge him so I hope he won't change. He'll be a heel vs Kane anyways if that fued does happen.

Mooияakeя™
07-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Edge is giving boners to the IWC.

International Whaling Commission?

International Wildlife Coalition?

Iowa Wesleyan College? - which is scary if ur talking boners!

That's all I got when googled it! - What is IWC m8?

Impact!
07-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Internet Wrestling Community

Kane Knight
07-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I think he was joking.

Kane Knight
07-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Though f he was giving the whaling comission a hardon...:lol:

Didn't he spear Umaga? Shouldn't they be protesting him?

Impact!
07-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I thought he was joking...if he wasn't I'm scared

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Though f he was giving the whaling comission a hardon...:lol:

Didn't he spear Umaga? Shouldn't they be protesting him?

Edge can do no wrong in their minds, either. ;)

Mooияakeя™
07-28-2007, 12:47 PM
lol. ja KK read that right. was joking. thought it was funny IWC stands for so many things.

Alienoid. Tell me what you'd do when Edge returns. What fued. Fill me in right up to Survivor Series.

Anybody Thrilla
07-28-2007, 02:11 PM
They should just give him Kwang's old gimmick. :y:

Chavo Classic
07-28-2007, 02:16 PM
The E is too light on credible heels at the moment, so hopefully he'll remain his dastardly self.

Skippord
07-28-2007, 03:08 PM
His music should be changed to

SIMPLY THE BEST

Slow
07-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I think he should come back and make a stable, oh, i don't know, just off the top of my head... another Brood? yeah, that sounds a good idea, what with the Brood being the greatest stable EVER

Anybody Thrilla
07-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Edge bringing back The Brood would make negative sense right now. The closest you're gonna get to that would probably be Kevin Thorn.

Kane Knight
07-28-2007, 05:07 PM
His music should be changed to

CRAWWWWWWLING IIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Slow
07-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Edge bringing back The Brood would make negative sense right now. The closest you're gonna get to that would probably be Kevin Thorn.

They once had issues with kane, so that's plausible, just getting the original members back would be tricky... a man can dream, at least

The One
07-29-2007, 03:07 PM
I think he should come back and make a stable, oh, i don't know, just off the top of my head... another Brood? yeah, that sounds a good idea, what with the Brood being the greatest stable EVER

Horsemen, DX, nWo, move over...The Brood is here.

:roll:

And bringing The Brood back makes absolutely NO sense. First Edge isn't anything close to a vampire anymore, and second, when will people realize re-using old stables NEVER works. Ever. Look at how terrible every other Horsemen, DX or nWo was. It just doesn't work.

Slow
07-29-2007, 03:11 PM
re-using old stables never works... until you try it with the brood!
...and i'm pretty sure gangrel was the only vampire, edge's character was just that he was a loner, he and christian never had or drunk from gangrel's chalice

#1-norm-fan
07-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't think Edge is a heel for life. He could make a fine face.

As far as his character being tweaked... he plays the heel who always somehow finds a way to win, cheap or not WAY too well. I wouldn't tweak anything until that wears out.

Jeritron
07-29-2007, 03:47 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">He's heel for life just like HHH was heel for life. He just needs to come back stronger. If he keeps being 'the heel everyone loves to hate but won't admit' like Trips was in 99-2004, then he could become the same type of face.

Even HHH got face heat after his quad tear. Edge got face pops when he won the title on the respective brands. The fans love him, they just boo him because thats what they're supposed to do and they love doing. He's good at his job. When he is slated for return I wouldn't be suprised if due to his absence he was really over as a face, but the wisest decision would be to quickly turn him superheel again. He'd get big heel heat for doing it in the wake of his long awaited return too.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>