PDA

View Full Version : Edge injured again.

Champion of Europa
02-28-2004, 03:53 PM
www.411wrestling.com

Edge suffered an ankle injury while working down in OVW recently. The injury will likely delay his return by a month. Edge has been the subject of a war between RAW and Smackdown for his services. Triple H has been pushing for RAW to get him so that the two can have a program following WrestleMania XX. Many Smackdown wrestlers have grown frustrated about how so many young, talented wrestlers are getting moved to RAW and how WWE more or less treats RAW as their #1 show.

---------------------

Damn, I thought they were copping out of having him wrestle at OVW last Saturday.

The Mackem
02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, his comeback will only be delayed slightly, hopefully.

Funky Fly
02-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Damn, that sucks for Edge, but he should stay on Smackdown. The loss of Benoit (without any kind of compensation, mind you :mad: ) is a pretty big blow to the Thursday show.

Mike the Metal Ed
02-28-2004, 04:02 PM
http://percypringle.com/Emoticons/BangHead.gif

The Mackem
02-28-2004, 04:06 PM
lol

targo_the_sho_stopa
02-28-2004, 04:06 PM
IMO, I think in the long run, Edge should stay on SmackDown, but if WWE are so adament about him and Trips workin together then maybe they can come up with a story to like deal with a temporary switch or sumthin, like a mix-up of show contracts or he only signs a part-time deal with Raw then he shows up on SD after he's done with Trips, we'll have to wait and see. I'm actaully quite stoked about him comin back

Kane Knight
02-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Well, of course they're gonna treat Raw like the more important show. Why would Triple H cling to the Raw title with such a fervent death grip?

Gertner
02-28-2004, 04:23 PM
that sucks, even though i think edge blows

Rock Bottom
I don't want to sound like a dick, it sucks that Edge is injured. But maybe this is a miracle. I am not an Edge fan, but I really don't want to see him buried by Triple H before his prime.

Nowhere Man
To KK: Well, would YOU want someone else parading around with your engagement presents?

Anyways, Raw does not need Edge. Raw didn't need Benoit, either, but that didn't stop them. Smackdown's got Eddie and Cena as pretty much the only two potential draws on the roster. They're in dire need for someone like Edge. That being said, Edge is almost definitely going to Raw.

Kane Knight
02-28-2004, 04:26 PM
To KK: Well, would YOU want someone else parading around with your engagement presents?

LMAO

Watson
02-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I think Edge should go to RAW and some of the under-utilized talent from RAW should go to Smackdown. But I, personally, am tired of the roster split. If Edge goes back to Smackdown he probably be involved in some kinda storyline with Kurt Angle or maybe Lesnar. I think it's about time WWE switched some people from RAW to Smackdown so maybe some new storylines can be created. Because in my opinion Smackdown's current storylines are just plain awful. I read the spoilers on Wednesdays and the show looks so dull and boring that I don't even bother watching it thursday night. I'll only watch Smackdown for one reason, Nidia. But hell she hasn't been on there in the last couple of weeks so to me there's no point at in watching Smackdown. Although things might et interesting when The Undertaker comes back.

Razor Rybek
02-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Edge should stay on Smackdown, if HHH wants to wrestle him that badly then he should go Smackdown too.

Mikey
02-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I agree. Edge should stay on Smackdown

El Santo
02-28-2004, 06:40 PM
I think it might be kinda nice to see Edge on RAW to team up with Christian again, but I think he's better off on Smackdown. He and Rey had a good team-up going for a while.

And no, keep Trips off of Smackdown. .... No, wait.... if Trips goes to Smackdown, then Benoit might have an actual chance at the title.... hmmmmm.....

V
02-28-2004, 07:09 PM
i say edge goes to raw, and some of the raw guys go to smackdown, we've been seing the same crap over and over again on both shows

brock vs kurt vs big show vs cena vs albert vs benoit vs undertaker (any combination of any of them facing each other in any match possible)

and on raw, we've got
all of evolution vs goldberg, jericho/rvd/booker t/la résistance/all other mid carders against each other

they need to mix it up so we can have mathces like edge vs orton, brock vs evolution, kurt angle vs rvd, cena vs orton would be awesome, kane vs brock would be interesting, and so many other possibilites

i'm glad we get to see goldberg vs brock at wrestlemania, they've got that "THE UNSTOPPABLE FORCE MEETS THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT" feel to it

anyway i'm done rambling

Corkscrewed
02-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Edge should stay on Smackdown, where the young, athletic people who can actually wrestle are. It sucks that he's hurt, but maybe this will mean he stays on SD! since any possible feud with Triple H will be delayed by a month and maybe HHH will grow impatient and do something else....

I can dream.

Boondock Saint
02-28-2004, 11:53 PM
Damn, that sucks. I don't love the guy, but I enjoy him and would like to see him back. But 100%.

The CyNick
02-29-2004, 12:18 AM

Anyways, Raw does not need Edge. Raw didn't need Benoit, either, but that didn't stop them. Smackdown's got Eddie and Cena as pretty much the only two potential draws on the roster. They're in dire need for someone like Edge. That being said, Edge is almost definitely going to Raw.

But who does RAW have that are draws? Benoit will likely only get a short shot with the title before going back to mid card status, and then you have HBK as the top face on the show, followed by Jericho. I think Edge makes a good 4th man on that side of the equation.

Eddie is the most over guy in the company right now, and I would say Cena will be right behind him. Then you have Taker coming back at Mania, along with Rey Mysterio as the other top faces. IMO, thats enough. Now, if SD were to lose one of those four guys, I would say there is a RAW conspiracy, but for now I can see why they would move Edge to RAW to even things out.

Sorry if anyone has read that for the 12th time, but its true.

What I would like to see is maybe give Smackdown someone back in a trade for Edge (even though they dont seem to do trades, which is dumb). A few people have mentioned that RVD would be a good addition to SD, and I agree, although he would likely get buried on SD with babyfaces champions dominating the show. They could try RVD as a heel with Heyman, but I really dont see that working.

I'd like to see SD pick up a heel from RAW. Obviously you cant move any of the Evolution guys, so that basically leaves Kane, Christian and maybe Matt Hardy. They wont move Matt back because A) it makes no sense to move him back so soon and B) he was moved to be with Lita. Kane would make sense to bring over to SD because he could continue a fued with Taker. Personally I would like to see Christian get moved because he's the best worker of the bunch, and I think he would shine on SD. With Eddie and Cena as the title holders post-Mania it would be cool to see Christian fued with either of those guys. On RAW Christian might get buried as a heel because of Orton and Batista, who of course will get a larger push. Also, it would be interesting from a storyline standpoint for Edge to get traded for his brother.

FourFifty
02-29-2004, 01:42 AM
http://percypringle.com/Emoticons/BangHead.gif

I couldn't of said ti better.