PDA

View Full Version : Has TNA passed the Test?

Xero
07-30-2007, 11:11 AM
The word making the rounds is that former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin was offered or has signed a deal with TNA. I've heard that Martin did sign from two independent sources outside of TNA. TNA sources refused to comment when reached this morning, so take it for what it is.

From PWInsider.

Mooияakeя™
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Ah, so they've given it time for his 'roids to be flushed out?

FourFifty
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Trying to care.
Trying to care..
Trying to care...
Trying to care....
Trying to care.....
Nope, don't care.

Outsider
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I think he is exactly what TNA needs to avoid. Someone who wasn't really that great in WWE that they are signing just because people have heard of him.

It's all well and grabbing people like Christian and Angle, they have talent, but they must avoid grabbing every WWE reject they can just for the sake of having them.

FourFifty
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
It's just another two bit nobody that nobody gives a damn about who can pull a bad shoot on WWE. Next thing you know they'll try to sign Heidenrich and team him up with Alex Shelly to film more G.S.I.

FourFifty
07-30-2007, 11:57 AM
If TNA wants me to give a damn about Test, he's going need a great <strike>Titantron</strike> TNA-tron video..... I think I found it....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3gg5LOd_Zus"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3gg5LOd_Zus" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dorkchop
07-30-2007, 12:16 PM
How long have you been waiting to find a way to post that in the wrestling forum?

Dorkchop
07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
I like Test in the ring, but he has no charisma... which = boring. He never really showed any personality. I'd rather him not go to TNA. I want TNA to make more of their own stars.

Kane Knight
07-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Test was awesome, prior to his injuries. He was a big guy who moved pretty fluidly. Then he started to slow down, and hsi finisher became a gay boot.

Maybe there's something to him now, as he looked colid on ECW, but I wouldn't bank on it. He probably shouldn't even be wrestling.

KingofOldSchool
07-30-2007, 12:49 PM
It's just another two bit nobody that nobody gives a damn about who can pull a bad shoot on WWE. Next thing you know they'll try to sign Heidenrich and team him up with Alex Shelly to film more G.S.I.

I can something like this happening.

*Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett are looking at potential wrestlers*

Jarrett: What about Heidenreich? He's a former WWE Tag Champ with Road Warrior Animal.

Russo: Great! Hey didn't he have a gimmick where he made reference to "Little Johnny?"

Jarrett: Yeah, I think so. I heard him say that it was going to be a multiple personality angle with Little Johnny being him when he was an overweight kid.

Russo: Yeah, well I have a GREAT idea! Instead of Little Johnny being an alter ego, why not it be his PENIS? He can be a heel and threaten everyone to whip out Little Johnny after his match.

Anybody Thrilla
07-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I am a Testicle. However, that's not nearly enough to make me watch TNA.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 12:58 PM
TNA is finally getting it's shit togather and they want to bring in more WWE rejects, but with no talent, seriusly TNA dont waste your money, and push the guys you have now, he didnt do anything in 7 years with the WWE, he wont do anything now, same with Matt Morgan and the A Train. I also liked the fact that TNA's guy are smaller then WWE's guys.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I am a Testicle. However, that's not nearly enough to make me watch TNA.
From the guy who watches ECW.

Anybody Thrilla
07-30-2007, 01:04 PM
From the guy who watches ECW.

What's that supposed to even mean?

Also, a lot of people around here have been watching ECW, if you haven't noticed.

Hanso Amore
07-30-2007, 01:11 PM
TNA is finally getting it's shit togather and they want to bring in more WWE rejects, but with no talent, seriusly TNA dont waste your money, and push the guys you have now, he didnt do anything in 7 years with the WWE, he wont do anything now, same with Matt Morgan and the A Train. I also liked the fact that TNA's guy are smaller then WWE's guys.

Morgan is young and little known enough that he can start from scratch in TNA and they can build him up. Hes a big deal in Japan. He has alot of potential and I would like that.

A Train Test Rikishi and all the such are known and makes TNA look 2nd rate.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 01:24 PM
When did people begin to think that because their big in Japan their going to be big America? The Japenese like a slower, more sluggish, crappier version of wrestling, I find it mind numbingly boring myself.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
What's that supposed to even mean?

Also, a lot of people around here have been watching ECW, if you haven't noticed.
Maybe that's the problem around here....

Kane Knight
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM
When did people begin to think that because their big in Japan their going to be big America? The Japenese like a slower, more sluggish, crappier version of wrestling, I find it mind numbingly boring myself.

About the same time they started thinking that WWE willl let that new indie guy work his usual style, that turning someone heel is a guaranteed, and so on.

Anybody Thrilla
07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Maybe that's the problem around here....

I wasn't aware there was a problem around here.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
I wasn't aware there was a problem around here.
LOL, I was kidding, sorta.

Rammsteinmad
07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm a huge fan of Test, but I definitely agree with what people are saying. Angle and Christian are good pick ups, but Test probably wouldn't do as well.

However, his Big Boot was awesome. The sound, look and impact of it made it look as though it'd really take someones head off with it.

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
I've always liked Test, and I think this is a good signing. Look, the guy was heaps more relevent than a Jon Heidenreich in the WWE. For years he flirted with the main event scene, and his run in ECW was quite enjoyable. It's not like they're bringing in Funaki and trying to make him a main event star. They're just taking a credible WWE guy and trying to convert him to their roster.

Test won't win the TNA World Title when he arrives, he won't get a bigger push than the current main event guys, in fact, I actually see him being used as a lackey for someone. Plus he will be able to use the moves he wants to use, and Test has a pretty good moveset when he decides to dig it up.

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Also, I have to say kudos to TNA if they do snag up Matt Morgan. The guy has been praised really heavily for his promo skills, and Jim Cornette grouped him together with Batista, John Cena and Randy Orton when he was talking about who could be a star in today's wrestling landscape. Who are we to argue with Jim fucking Cornette?

Giant Bernard would also be a decent signing. Not as a main event talent, but I wouldn't mind seeing him used in a tag team with Test, or even making a debut in the lower card, and working his way up as Mike Tenay familiarised the audience with his stint in Japan.

Guys who go to Japan learn a fair bit, I've heard. They learn how to strike better, and they take in a lot of stuff about psychology, and just how to be, generally, a better wrestler. Eddie Fatu improved quite a bit after his stint to Japan, and it works wonders for a guy's reputation. It might not make anyone an overnight miracle, but it is a learning experience for a lot of guys.

FourFifty
07-30-2007, 07:24 PM
How long have you been waiting to find a way to post that in the wrestling forum?

Around a week now. I've had the damn Numa Numa songs stuck in my head, so now I can take out my inner rage on all of you.

chrisat928
07-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I can see it now.

TNA hires Test, makes him Christians lackey, Robert Roode moves back to Canada and TNA runs a Un-Americans angle. Which turns Kurt Angle face again, and he joins with Petey Williams and AJ Styles, but Petey hits AJ with the Canadien Destroyer and joins Christians group, and changes the name to Team Canada.

FourFifty
07-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Spoilers- No one cares still.

Jordan
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Matt Morgan is used right now as Cornettes body gaurd. If they bring in Bernard he will team with Tomko because the are IWGP Tag Team Champions. I am a big Bernard fan and would probably watch him in TNA.

Dorkchop
08-01-2007, 08:00 PM
If Matt Morgan makes it to TNA he'll most likely join the Christian Coalition. Either that or Tomco will leave, which shouldn't happen yet. Not until he's not a tag champ, and not until they're serious about pushing him as a main eventer... which I think he could be some day.