PDA

View Full Version : Owen or Bret

BigDaddyCool
07-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Who do you think was more talented, and why?

poll coming!

BigDaddyCool
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
I think Owen was more entertaining and more talented in ring, gave way better promos, he just never pushed himself to get into the mainevent.

Xero
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Bret.

Owen has been blown so out of proportion after his death it's just ridiculous. He was a bit above average. He wasn't a bad wrestler, but people act like he's Kurt Angle or some shit.

Erebus
07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Bret.

Owen has been blown so out of proportion after his death it's just ridiculous. He was a bit above average. He wasn't a bad wrestler, but people act like he's Kurt Angle or some shit.

:y:

That's pretty much what I would've said.

Jordan
07-31-2007, 02:26 PM
I think Owen was all around a better wrestler. He could brawl, wrestle, and fly. He was also funny as hell. For some reason though he just didn't have "it" that Bret has.

BigDaddyCool
07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Bret.

Nuh-uh. I blew him out of proportion before his death. I always like him more than his whiney cry baby brother.

:foc:

Jordan
07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Bret.

I agree to an extent. I always thought he was great and then when he died so did everyone else. But his Japan stuff is really really good, like Jericho/Benoit good or better. Also again, he was funny as hell.

BigDaddyCool
07-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Bret.

Also, you are Kliq, and the Kliq hates Bret Fart. :foc:

Jordan
07-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Also I'd say he's better than Angle.

Both of them.

BigDaddyCool
07-31-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree to an extent. I always thought he was great and then when he died so did everyone else. But his Japan stuff is really really good, like Jericho/Benoit good or better. Also again, he was funny as hell.

TBH, everyone looks like a god in Japan.

Xero
07-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Also, you are Kliq, and the Kliq hates Bret Fart. :foc:
I thought we were completely anti-Hart?

Either way, Bret > Owen.

Stickman
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Bret.

IC Champion
07-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Bret was the goods.

Rammsteinmad
07-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Bret.

But Owen was awesome.

FaceOfDeath
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Bret didn't take a fall like Owen did. Owen all the way.

Shisen Kopf
07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Bret is better at being alive. So Bret.

Dorkchop
07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Bret. Nothing against Owen, but I always liked Bret's wrestling better.

Stickman
07-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Owen was never the best their is, the best their was, and the best there ever will be.

The One
07-31-2007, 05:23 PM
They both sucked. If either one of them ever entertained me, this would have been an easier choice, but instead what it came down to was Bret was a whinny bitch, Owen wasn't. So I went with Owen.

SammyG
07-31-2007, 05:28 PM
From the clips I've seen, I gotta go with Bret. Didn't follow WWF much back then.

Kane Knight
07-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Bret is the Best there is, the BEst there was, and the Best there ever will be.

He said so, it must be true.

Kane Knight
07-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Also, Owen was clearly a nugget.

Stickman
07-31-2007, 05:47 PM
NO, an ardvark

James Steele
07-31-2007, 06:01 PM
I think Owen was more entertaining and more talented in ring, gave way better promos, he just never pushed himself to get into the mainevent.

Bret was the same shit every match. Owen had different matches and also wasn't a whiny self-righteous cunt.

Dorkchop
07-31-2007, 07:34 PM
All I have to say about Bret is that HBK, Stone Cold, Owen, and Bulldog (maybe some other guys, I can't remember) had arguably their best match(es) with the Hitman. Something to think about.

Zen v.W.o.
07-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Bret.

Owen was a better pro wrestler than Angle though, so....

He was probably the best pure athlete they had. He picked up every different style with absolute ease. Overall he was perhaps the most purely skilled, but Bret takes him when it came to storytelling and psychology..pacing of matches as well.
Owen lacked desire at times to really climb the ladder to the top. He easily could have made it, but I will rank Bret above Owen slightly, simply because not only was Bret highly talented, but he was one of the most succesful wrestlers of all time, in that elite echelon.

Zen v.W.o.
07-31-2007, 08:03 PM

Yes to Benoit good, as for Jericho good, Jericho isnt even near the wrestler these guys were. Jericho if anything is one of the more overrated WRESTLERS going. Not entertainer, but wrestler.

The One
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
All I have to say about Bret is that HBK, Stone Cold, Owen, and Bulldog (maybe some other guys, I can't remember) had arguably their best match(es) with the Hitman. Something to think about.

A big no on HBK's best match. Arugh! The Iron Man match was not the best match ever, it wasn't HBK's best match, and in truth, it wasn't even Bret's best match.

Austin's best matches were with Rocky or possibly Hunter, though I will say Bret's best match was with Austin at 13.

Owen, his best matches more often than not involved Austin...the Hart cage match and the Hart Mania X matches are only good for piss breaks.

Davey Boy...you MIGHT have a point with this one. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single match in Davey's career that could top SummerSlam 92...but being that it was in England, Davey was just getting to become bigger than God around the globe, and the story could not have been more perfectly executed, well, you could have thrown a stick with training in that match and it would have been A+...of course that stick would probably have had more charisma than Bret, but that's another story.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Bret was popular and over with the same idiots who cheer for John Cena; marks who pop for WWE's top babyface and children. The difference, WWE was marketed to dumb marks and children back then were as now they attempt to make it out like they're still shooting for the 18-24 demographic. Bret is a bore. Bret brought big fight atmosphere with him, that's all he had to bring to the table, and the ONLY reason he COULD bring that is because WWE told their idiot marks and children that he was the guy that DID bring it...so they (and Canadians, but I already covered idiot marks) ate it up...and boom...suddenly a marginally talented, charismaless, horrible mic worker was reborn a god. :roll:

The One
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Owen was a better pro wrestler than Angle though, so....

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Ah Zen, what would the world do without you. :lol:

Kane Knight
07-31-2007, 10:14 PM

Ah Zen, what would the world do without you. :lol:
I don't know, but if we Executed Stickman and Zen, Canadia would be a shitload smarter.

Xero
07-31-2007, 11:58 PM
That was pretty much my reaction when I read that.

Dave Youell
08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I went with Owen

Only because he was more versatile as he could do the one thing Bret couldn’t and that’s do the high flying

Owen was trained by the same guys and could also do all of the tech work

I preferred his promo’s as I thought he came off as more of a dick in them as he had better facials

I found Bret’s promos to be failry 1 dimensional to be honest, when he turned heel, he was carrying himself round in the same sort of persona, and most of his heel antics were based on cheap heat against the USA

Owen developed more as a character and had more out of ring charisma to carry off different persona’s he had the whiney ‘What about me’ bitch guy, then he went onto that black heart gimmick, which I really liked. Then he did that stuff with JJ and the blue blazer which was classic, even if it was punishment.

I could never see Bret doing any of that, as he was always just ‘The Hitman’ a wrestlers wreslter, not that there’s anything wrong with that, and yes he was good at telling stories, but so was Owen as they both learned the same stuff, only Owen did more with it.

For the record Owen Hart would of never been WWE Champ IMO

Rob
08-01-2007, 09:03 AM
The stupidity of this thread doesn't shock me in the slightest.

Dave Youell
08-01-2007, 09:05 AM
TBH, everyone looks like a god in Japan.
Kahli certainly wasn't

Zen v.W.o.
08-03-2007, 02:40 PM
A big no on HBK's best match. Arugh! The Iron Man match was not the best match ever, it wasn't HBK's best match, and in truth, it wasn't even Bret's best match.

Austin's best matches were with Rocky or possibly Hunter, though I will say Bret's best match was with Austin at 13.

Owen, his best matches more often than not involved Austin...the Hart cage match and the Hart Mania X matches are only good for piss breaks.

Davey Boy...you MIGHT have a point with this one. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single match in Davey's career that could top SummerSlam 92...but being that it was in England, Davey was just getting to become bigger than God around the globe, and the story could not have been more perfectly executed, well, you could have thrown a stick with training in that match and it would have been A+...of course that stick would probably have had more charisma than Bret, but that's another story.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Bret was popular and over with the same idiots who cheer for John Cena; marks who pop for WWE's top babyface and children. The difference, WWE was marketed to dumb marks and children back then were as now they attempt to make it out like they're still shooting for the 18-24 demographic. Bret is a bore. Bret brought big fight atmosphere with him, that's all he had to bring to the table, and the ONLY reason he COULD bring that is because WWE told their idiot marks and children that he was the guy that DID bring it...so they (and Canadians, but I already covered idiot marks) ate it up...and boom...suddenly a marginally talented, charismaless, horrible mic worker was reborn a god. :roll:

Never before has anyone gotten me to LTFOL. If you truly believe any of this, which you dont, as this post was entirely in "character", I'd need to find and eliminate you.

And yes Austins best match was with hart, he'll tell you the same. HHH? LOL, nobody has good matches with that punk unless they have to strain their backs carrying the sad sack of shit.

IC Champion
08-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Never before has anyone gotten me to LTFOL. If you truly believe any of this, which you dont, as this post was entirely in "character", I'd need to find and eliminate you.

And yes Austins best match was with hart, he'll tell you the same. HHH? LOL, nobody has good matches with that punk unless they have to strain their backs carrying the sad sack of shit.
Who the fuck is this guy and why does he only show up when someone mentions the name "Hart".

Zen v.W.o.
08-03-2007, 02:46 PM
My name is Zen and I am the truth bearer.

IC Champion
08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Then even you know HBK is god.

Zen v.W.o.
08-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I doubt God could ever be so faggoty. And balding.

btw, if anyone has fans like cena has today, it would have been HBK. HBK had the young girls and young boys who had not reached puberty.

Bret had the guys and older women with a little more taste.

Bret had the smarter fans with a better knowledge of the business, whereas HBK had those types who would also enjoy a band simply because the lead singer was kinda cute and hott. It makes me sick.

Pardeep 619
08-05-2007, 06:56 AM
I doubt God could ever be so faggoty. And balding.

btw, if anyone has fans like cena has today, it would have been HBK. HBK had the young girls and young boys who had not reached puberty.

Bret had the guys and older women with a little more taste.

Bret had the smarter fans with a better knowledge of the business, whereas HBK had those types who would also enjoy a band simply because the lead singer was kinda cute and hott. It makes me sick.

Pardeep 619
08-05-2007, 06:59 AM

TOVO when did you first start to follow wrestling?

GD
08-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Bret Hart.

Kane Knight
08-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Vince Screwed BRet, but Vince Murdered Owen.

So since Owen suffered more, and you can't disrespect the dead unless they'r Benoit, I'ma go with Owen.

loosecollector
08-06-2007, 09:37 PM
More fluid wrestling
More impact on every move
Logical attack selection/sequence
Better "look".
Bret all the way.

Special mention: Owen has the better piledriver :lol: